What to do if you can’t take Prep and hate Condoms?

There are many people out there that cannot tolerate Prep because of kidney issues or other side effects. I’m older and can’t take Prep because of declining age related kidney function

I hate condoms and love BB 

should I close up my sex rent and become celibate? I would like to hear from older men who are in a similar dilemma 

6 minutes ago, Kennethk13 said:

There are many people out there that cannot tolerate Prep because of kidney issues or other side effects. I’m older and can’t take Prep because of declining age related kidney function

I hate condoms and love BB 

should I close up my sex rent and become celibate? I would like to hear from older men who are in a similar dilemma 

Went through this exact thing back a few years.  I began taking PReP/Truvada and after 2 to 3 months began experiencing difficulties with liver and kidney functions.  I twas at that time I really began reading and researching and thinking about pretty much all things and consequences of my BB lifestyle and if I was really ready to give it all up. I was broken in and first introduced to BB back in my mid 20's, but had always played as safe and selective as possible, but always knew that the risks were there anyway and with that, I had missed out on a great deal of the lifestyles enjoyment over the years. As the years went on by, the urges and disappointments also grew and admittedly became very overwhelming. With the PReP coming on scene, it seemed like a dream come true and seemed as though life was taking a definite turn around fro the best, but then with the side effects showing up, that was once again a huge let down and with great disappointment.

The thinking and researching process began all over again, but it came to me suddenly one day, "hey, I'm way too old to be worrying about all of this, this late in life" !!  For myself, at this stage in life, I'm probably going to get hit with something else far worse that HIV that will take me out, so why worry about it now ?? !!  With that becoming clearer to me every day, I began opening up and taking any and all cock and cum at the baths and saunas that I go to, with the no questions asked attitude, and also began accepting that if it happens, it happens, and am knowing it will sooner or later, but am not going to worry about it either.

It is and was stressful in the beginning, but it does get easier the longer and more one goes with it. So far since going fully open back in the beginning of 2016, I've still remained neg, maybe by miracle, maybe by something else, but have had a lot more enjoyment from BB and am continuing to do so and without regrets. Admittedly I cain't say now how it will be when the majic bullet hits, as to how I will feel about it then, but am not letting the thoughts of that get me down at this time either.  This is a decision that every bare backer has to decide and come to for himself and on his own terms and conditions.

Thank you so much for your thoughts! I’m the same way. In a sense I’m highly sexually charged now feeling liberated. I have so many friends my age that I have lost due to non HIV related illness- lung cancer(non smoker) prostate cancer, breast cancer, the list goes on

HIV is at the least a manageable condition and the desire to let loose at a bathhouse is so appealing. As I have described to friends I’m tired of walking around the mine field 

3 hours ago, Kennethk13 said:

Thank you so much for your thoughts! I’m the same way. In a sense I’m highly sexually charged now feeling liberated. I have so many friends my age that I have lost due to non HIV related illness- lung cancer(non smoker) prostate cancer, breast cancer, the list goes on

HIV is at the least a manageable condition and the desire to let loose at a bathhouse is so appealing. As I have described to friends I’m tired of walking around the mine field 

My only issue with this mentality is that if you can’t take prep because of kidney issues, taking many HIV medications would also be out f the question if you become positive.

there is hope though if you can wait a bit longer. The different formulation of tenofovir in a medication called descovy is in trials now to be used as prep.  The main advantage is that it has much fewer side effects compared to truvada. Other medications are also being studied as truvada alternatives for prep. 

I would probably think of your situation like this, how much. Would HIV complicate your life? You need to be able to answe that before anything else 

• Like 1

Guest cardoc49

hi KennethK thanks for posting topic - here in DK we still dont offer prep:-) but condoms are truly abominable as they totally destroy the entire concept of sex.

so for me its an easy question: stay true to the man you are, try to identify that person, try to love yourself:-) and live to accept your bb-desires:-)

• 1 month later...

Bareback with HIV positive men on treatment. Undetectable viral loads cannot transmit HIV.  Also, men on PrEP cannot transmit HIV either. Start hanging out with POZ guys and fuck with those taking meds who have undetectable viral loads. I am on PrEP fortunately. I do not and will not use condoms. A regular buddy of mine is a total submissive. He is willing to be fucked raw because I am on PrEP.  I have shown him my bottle of Truvada.  He doesn’t want the hassle of a testing schedule and I have a better health plan than him, which is why he is not taking PrEP himself. So between dudes on PrEP and undetectable POZ guys, you have choices. Verification is the issue as a lot of tops just wants to breed.