barebackcity old dating website back again

Guest Dickmagnet

Guest Dickmagnet

Not sure if i read the thread here but i saw an old favourite bareback website that diminished a while back but is seems to have returned now under a new guise as barebackcity.org

As of yet not become a member but have visited it & it looks very nice & familiar, so 1 to do on my list. it was a good go to place before bbrt existed.

The sign up procedure is quite unique. You have to upload a face pic photo to your account and they send you a key code. Then you have to WhatsApp or Skype video call with the site admin to verify your identity before they will enable your account.

I liked the page in the sign up that is probably borne out of GPDR but really clearly explains what information is stored and who it is visible to, and what happens if you want to delete pics or your account. It is very clear and good.  

Interesting that they don't store your email, only a hash code of it so I guess they can't notify you when you get messages, but also you  cannot be easily tied to your account if they get breached.

Strewth, they don't want just 'anyone' joining, do they? I don't have, or intend to get a Webcam, Skype or WhatsApp. I'm not complaining but it does rather force people into stuff they don't necessarily want or need. Better off using here or BarebackRT I suppose.....

I just had my account approved by WhatsApp video call - a one second call to check I am genuine. Logged in and exploring... It's a work in progress and the guy behind it is really friendly and is open to suggestions. It has a friendly non-commercial feel to it and I hope it succeeds. 

My memory was much the same as Sweetbitch (above).. You had to have a photo of yourself with the date on it, obviously to cut out all the fakes who use other peoples picis. That seems to be the rationale behind the current requirements.

Edited by Leather69

Guest Upstateguy518

I wish more sites would make having a genuine profile pic a must to have an account. It'd certainly weed out a lot of fakes and spam profiles.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:52 AM, Leather69 said:

My memory was much the same as Sweetbitch (above).. You had to have a photo of yourself with the date on it, obviously to cut out all the fakes who use other peoples picis. That seems to be the rationale behind the current requirements.

When I was chatting to the guy who verified my pic, he said the purpose of the WhatsApp/Skype verification was because they had to ensure under German law that under 18yo do not upload pics of older guys in order to use the site. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

After following the the progress of development and test phase I decided to join there again.

Of course, the new application process sounds a bit strange but atm the offered verification possibilities are all free of cost - others we can use in Germany will require fees (e.g. 'PostIdent) or even technical decives that must be bought (ID card readers etc). Right now it seems the best solution he can offer for us, by the time there could be developed other means, we'll see.

Process itself was really a matter of seconds - and after getting stuck in the Skype process, it only took one email and with my highest respect I was offered an exclusive WhatsApp phone appointment during his private spare time. At all requirements and procedure will hold off those boring tons of empty one day profiles (IMHO the hop on - hop off is never the sense of a contact and forum portal) and fake profiles.

On the other hand, I totally agree with Cum-ass that a webcam, Skype or WhatsApp are necessary devices or software (as we can see by the results of the mobile phone mania which causes endless trouble when used without taking notice of anything surrouding) but they are used by a respectable number of people of whom most don't care about security issues anytime.

Being a member of the minority who don't use either of them by which reasons ever, it's sort of being forced to use one of them only for being verified. The decision of not to use such portals due to the foremetioned requires respect. If there should be a new / better solution, I'll stay tuned to give a shout here.