Nurx

TommyDean4

I just wanted to share that I recently started prep and I was very anxious about how I would go about it. I’m really about to open up here but I am closeted. I don’t really want to get into why I am that isn’t really the point in this post but given my situation I get really nervous about how my clinic would treat me. I live in Ohio and yes it is 2019 but unfortunately there are still prejudices out there and anyone who gets anxious like me I want them to know about nurx. Nurx is an online website that also has an app available. They are about safe sexual health and they have you give them your name address and insurance info and they send you a self test kit to test for HIV. It’s easy to do and comes with a box and postal envelope to send your specimens back to them just by dropping them off in a postal box. They complete the lab work and if everything is negative they will send prep to your door.  Also they give you the option to send it to your local pharmacy for pick up and they send the test kits every 3 months. The girl I messaged from their site said my insurance qualified for a copay coupon card and she went ahead and registered one for me and it came in the mail. When I went to my pharmacy to pick it up the guy said after my insurance I still owed 700 dollars. I presented the copay card and it covered the rest. I am very satisfied  and grateful for nurx and their excellent service and I just want everyone who might be in similar shoes about them. Obviously if you’re getting symptoms of other std’s before getting a test kit you should suck it up with the anxiety and get seen in your local clinic ASAP but for the most part I think it is a great service especially if you get nervous like I do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I remember my first visit to a clinic here in the UK, and I was hoping to get onto a free PreP trial, as I do enjoy the odd bit of BB, and enjoy being filled with spunk when I can. Sadly on ringing them I was told there were no spaces left, but they said why don't you come and get tested. My last test was a selfie one. They had a walk in clinic in the town where I work, and the staff were so kind I thought why not. When I sat down with the lady nurse she made me feel so relaxed and totally non judgemental. I was able to talk about my sexuality openly for the first time. I was totally honest with them and she was very honest with me about the risks of HIV and STI's. I left feeling more comfortable with my bisexuality, and they helped me find a supply of PreP too.

• Upvote 2

On 3/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, Veytoss said:

Thanks for sharing! Did you already started to have some raw fun?

Sorry I didn’t respond, just thought I’d share that it looks like I’ll be having my first raw fun tomorrow, wish me luck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, spunky58 said:

I remember my first visit to a clinic here in the UK, and I was hoping to get onto a free PreP trial, as I do enjoy the odd bit of BB, and enjoy being filled with spunk when I can. Sadly on ringing them I was told there were no spaces left, but they said why don't you come and get tested. My last test was a selfie one. They had a walk in clinic in the town where I work, and the staff were so kind I thought why not. When I sat down with the lady nurse she made me feel so relaxed and totally non judgemental. I was able to talk about my sexuality openly for the first time. I was totally honest with them and she was very honest with me about the risks of HIV and STI's. I left feeling more comfortable with my bisexuality, and they helped me find a supply of PreP too.

Your post resonates with me - although I've been having BB fun for around 18-20 years I never wanted to admit my sexuality to anyone, especially my wife - I lied, cheated (literally and figuratively) disregarded and avoided the topic altogether - about 9 months ago I was diagnosed with HepB, the first time I'd ever been positive for any STI other than Herpes (of which I've never had any outbreaks) - then after follow up STI tests I was positive for latent Syph - it had been in me for a decade with no damage and no symptoms - the Hep B is under control (AST and ALT numbers are nearly normal) and the Syph went from 1/64 to 1/32 and now 1/16.  I've always had HSV1 passed down from one of my parents, so that might be why HSV2 never showed up as a big deal.  So 9 months ago when this latest cheating happened (always with men and groups in the last decade) I went to a Psychiatrist, to figure out why I didn't give a shit when these things would happen and why I couldn't admit my truth - she diagnosed me as bipolar - it makes sense - and the Lamotrigine she has me on is nothing short of amazing - I am who I am and I can not only see it, but I freely talk about it with my wife and today I had sat with my doctor (made the app't myself, wow, that's not something I EVER would have done before) ad openly talked about the status of my STIs, my desire for bisexual and gay sex, my status as a MSM and what I should do if my wife and I don't work this out.  We talked about Syph, Chlam and Gono - to minimize those risks, she's prepared to put me on a 100mg preventative daily dose of Doxy and to minimize the risk of HIV she'll get me on PrEP right away if I say "go" (But $1000 a month from KP is highway robbery, so I asked her about the online source and she said that is totally cool as long as it's real - last I saw it was $89 for 3 months supply).  They gave me an HPV immunization and will give me a HepB immunization as soon as the Hep B viral load is low enough.  We talked about Hep C (Harvoni annd Saldoni (SP?) are covered if I get it and it doesn't go away in a year).  It was a very different talk than I've ever had the capacity to have, with anyone.  Makes me feel MUCH better if the wife and I don't work it out - I'll be ready to stay as healthy as possible while picking up where I left off as a total BB cumslut.    

• Upvote 1

This will interest a lot of people with access issues 

https://www.greencrosspharmacy.online/product-page/tenvir-em-3-x-bottles-90-pills-total

tenvir-em is the generic version of truvada, made by cipla the world largest drug manufacturer. If you’re in the us you would probably think what? There is no generic version. But, that’s incorrect. Cipla is licensed to make a genaric version for hiv outreach around the world.  It just so happens so leaks out to other countries along the way. If I couldn’t afford brand name truvada I’d be buying it online for sure.