Officials Encourage Non-Daily PrEP Strategy For Low-Risk People

Veytoss

Guest ff-whole

Thank you, for someone that has a hard time finding Prep and not always in the position to have crazy sex... this is useful information and keeps my wallet happy too...

Guest Memphian
On 3/6/2019 at 6:33 PM, rawfuckr said:

Guys do remember that on 2-1-1 dosing it's recommended to have the first dose 24 hours before sex... although 2 hours is the minimum. 

I've never heard the 24 hour recommendation.  All the literature I can find simply says "at least two hours."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It is less effective than daily prep. If cost or side effects (actually having them, not fear of them) are an issue, or someone's sex pattern is very infrequent (e.g. 1-2 times/year), it could be an option for people.

For any trans men, it is not effective for frontal/vaginal sex as the genital tissue does not absorb the drug as well as the rectum.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

information here on event based dosing - scroll down for video

https://www.iwantprepnow.co.uk/how-to-take-prep/

The French Ipergay study looked at event based dosing and found similar levels of effectiveness to daily dosing. Though obviously if you take it daily there is more margin for error and it doesn't matter if you miss the odd dose.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021

When I ran into this post and reviewed it, it was one of things that motivated me to get started on prep. I currently fit the low risk profile of engaging in high risk sexual activity on occasion ( anywhere from 1 to 3 times a month)

• 3 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021
On 4/5/2019 at 2:00 PM, BlindRawFucker1 said:

Is there any additional information on the 2-1-1 strategy?  It sounds great!  Less expensiveand the potential for fewer health problems down the line.

I am going to meet a guy, for the first time , since Lock-down started 6 weeks ago, I am really Horned up, and want to go through with this hook-up. He is a friend of a friend, and POZ-undetectable.  to get to the point, I am down to just 3 remaining pills of prep. I have been using the 2-1-1 strategy, which requires 4 pills total. I don't want to have to wait, while I go through the whole process, of getting a new script through Kaiser; what would be the most effective part of the strategy to apply the last remaining 3 pills?  this guy is known to take meds breaks, because the meds making him light headed

4 minutes ago, Futile2Resist said:

I am going to meet a guy, for the first time , since Lock-down started 6 weeks ago, I am really Horned up, and want to go through with this hook-up. He is a friend of a friend, and POZ-undetectable.  to get to the point, I am down to just 3 remaining pills of prep. I have been using the 2-1-1 strategy, which requires 4 pills total. I don't want to have to wait, while I go through the whole process, of getting a new script through Kaiser; what would be the most effective part of the strategy to apply the last remaining 3 pills?  this guy is known to take meds breaks, because the meds making him light headed

I would not take any of the prep pills Take a chance.

Guest Porthos
27 minutes ago, Futile2Resist said: