Move to Orlando?

BttmCub88

Hey guys, currently looking into a move down south in the Orlando area from north of Boston. Wont be for a few months or guaranteed. But wondering how the bb scene is. Total bb bttm here. Poz chaser. So wondering if id find Orlando a hot time. 

2 hours ago, yngbbload said:

Hey guys, currently looking into a move down south in the Orlando area from north of Boston. Wont be for a few months or guaranteed. But wondering how the bb scene is. Total bb bttm here. Poz chaser. So wondering if id find Orlando a hot time. 

Nothing current but you might find it amusing

I caught the tail end of the Disney Construction boom, when a thousand people a month were moving in. I was amazed at all the people my age making good money, most of whom I considered mindless preppies. The circles  I associated with were more bohemian, and there were plenty of us. The carnivals wintered there which added color to the mix. A guy played bagpipes every evening in Eola Park for no reason. The old people were confused but tolerated my crowd well as our life priorities often matched. 

The Diamondhead downtown was the first gay bar I was ever in, all pisselegant in red velvet and old school gold light fixtures. A cute young DQ lip synced “Satin Sheets”, my first drag show. It was amazed. I did most of my “firsts” with guys in and around Orlando.

The Matchbox up in Maitland was a redneck gay bar, the Red Barn out on 41 had after hour setups. Suburban brats had orange fights in he subdivisions that left a few orange trees, still in neat rows, when they bulldozed the groves. 

I had a nice bicycle customized with city handlebars - registered in fabulous Winter Park as evidence that I was not mere white trash. I rode it to work and all over downtown, and once as far as the defunct air force base mentioned in the book “Alas Babylon” (now the airport)  and I had a rusted out 66 Mercury Comet that I drove to South Beach once and to Key West twice. 

Nixon came to the Top Of The World lounge in Disney’s  Contemporary Hotel to give his “I’m not a crook” line dripping in sweat. My people howled with laughter, certain that Disney World was the model for some dystopian corporate NWO - a belief I still hold. Luxury for some and slavery for the workers. One ex slave had a jacket with “I served my time in Hell” but instead of Vietnam had a map of Disney. Another set his popcorn wagon ablaze on “Main Street USA” when he quit. To be fair, a friend smuggled me in and I WAS impressed with the Polynesian Hotel. As authentic as a prewar movie set, the only anachronism was the Parquet floor did not pop when you walk on it because it was enshrined in resin. 

The “arab oil embargo” in 1973 that we now know was bullshit put a stop to the good times. Jobs evaporated, even mine that was not based on tourism. Disney laid off workers and told remaining slaves to double up or they would be gone too. The brand new Mall, built out beyond the growth, sat empty, the $40,000 chandelier weeping over the creaking empty escalators....

Orlando has a pretty active gay scene.  Club O is very well kept.  There are 2 bars with backyard play areas where pretty much anything goes.  The Parliament House is a gay resort.  Its pretty dumpy, but a diverse crowd, and usually not to hard to find some fun there. That being said, Orlando is like Tupperwear, you can ALWAYS find a bottom, but NEVER a top! In 2018, Orlando ranked 5 in the number of HIV cases in the country.  Miami was number 2, second only to Baton Rouge, LA (apparently drug related there.)  As for chasing, I had chased for over 2 years, and not found any willing gifters, then again Im an older bottom bear in a land of bottoms.  You luck MIGHT be different though. Their Pride Festival is held downtown around a lake, and is pretty impressive.  They are bidding to host World Pride in a few years from now.  The gay crowd is quite diverse and like all cities, there are pocket gay areas to live in.

Orlando is a tourist destination, which can be good at some times.  Unfortunately most the travelers are married guys, just looking for head IF they can sneak away from their wives.  The traffic is a MESS, With the ongoing Ultimate I4 makeover, which I believe lasts another 4 years or so. There is MUCH more to do in Orlando than the parks, however they can be nice escapes at times.  The theater community is VERY active.  Orlando Fringe is the oldest Fringe Festival in the US. A new performing arts center opened just last year, and is amazing.  Tampa is about an hour away, and also has a pretty good gay scene.  Playalinda Beach is a nearby nude beach, Id say about an hour from Orlando.  There is a $10 parking charge.  I ahvent been often, but have never seen ant sex going on, and there are a wide variety of nudist there, NOT just old wrinkly guys!

Hope that helps.  Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.  I dont get on here much anymore, so it may be a few days before I respond.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tighthole64 said:

Orlando has a pretty active gay scene.  Club O is very well kept.  There are 2 bars with backyard play areas where pretty much anything goes.  That being said, Orlando is like 

Sorry had editing issues, see other complete post.

I have an ex that moved down there and I've been down a couple of times to visit him plus I had been there a few times on my own throughout the years.  The thing I find odd about Orlando is how spread out it is.  You have to get on a toll road and go 5 miles before you get to anything.  My ex said he just had to get used to the fact that the nearest guys on Grindr were always like 7 miles away.  There might be a "gay ghetto" section of Orlando where it is better but most of the times Ive been there everything seemed way spread out.

• Like 2

Awesome guys. Thanks! If im able to get down it wont be for ablut a year. Either way, id imagine the bb scene would be way better than it is up here near boston. Not entirely the reason i want to go lmao, but still worth it. Sounds like the distance situation sucks, but cant be anything compared to up here.