Deliberately infecting people who don’t want it is a crime according the British court. What do you think about it?

I recently read here how exciting is for someone to infect with HIV other guys who have no idea what is happening. 

Now I am just chilling in my hotel room and surfing on TV (I am too tired to surf on Grindr) and find a bbc report about you can read here: 

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/03/18/daryll-rowe-hiv-weapon-bbc/amp/

I am curious about your opinion. 

Guest Hijinx33

It is interesting, I ultimately agree with the decision. Even though someone can live a near normal life with HIV the men he infected by damaging condoms ultimately didn't consent or want that life.  The men who went bb should've known the risks and it is their fault as much as his.  The messages he sent afterwards are deplorable, good riddance. 

Conviction seems one of the least surprising bits of news I've ever read; sentence perhaps a bit steep.  The texts after were both nasty and super stupid (most burglars, muggers etc know not to do that).  Not what he was thinking but it did, presumably, mean the guys could go to the doctor asap.  Obviously it's deplorable - crimes tend to be. Doesn't mean you throw away the key.

After reading the news article the court saw actions did in send text messages as the main reason for a life sentence. The sentence is also given for deliberating break condom.

The victims wanted condoms used to want to maintain health. One thing for individuals not care, or is wanting aids and HIV and stealth with those not wanting the high risk. Being in denial about the status have, that better to be on the safe side to use condoms not break or not play. Get tested then be open and honest on status. Some may have contacted for chase or not care and possibly not receive sentence received.

The disregard and not care see as the reason for the sentence. If had to guess saw his and aids of the penis as a gun loaded with a disease. Again not care and in denial not a good combination. Seems a very painful way to harm others.

• Upvote 1

Guest BBBoyfromTN

Well...the law is the law; break it and face the consequences. It's probably pretty rare that someone is able to determine exactly who pozzed them and to prove the intent to do so. Most guys who infect guys don't even know they're positive and do so accidentally. Most poz guys are on meds and undetectable so chances of passing it are pretty much non-existent. So you're left with a very small subset of guys where aren't undetectable, aren't on Prep, who do know they are poz and aren't on meds who decide to fuck guys and say nothing...again, that's a pretty small group of guys. My fear is this law will be used by unscrupulous prosecutors to go after gay men for no reason other than they're gay and to make a name for themselves. I'm sure some lives will be ruined in the process. You may get guys saying they want to get pozzed and then coming after the guy who did it after it happens as they have "buyers remorse". Well, then what? Do you have to videotape guys saying they want it? Having them sign an affidavit and getting it notarized? This is why it's just so much easier to do anon sex in bathrooms, sex clubs, bathouses, parks and such. You'll never see the guy again.

As I have said before:

There is no way to prove consent or disclosure.

The idea that any Government cares about you is ludicrous, but the costs of the meds are paid by the British Government. In the USA it is more complex, as the drug price is artificially inflated and the drug companies make money on us. 

There’s always two stories: The story itself and why out of all the things going on is this story chosen for attention yet again. 

Totalitarian England, where you can go to prison for a Facebook post, would be a logical test bed for the licensing of all sex acts a la the movie 1984. A permit would prove consent and disclosure and in the age of computers could be easily done at any drug store. Charge enough people with failing to get consent or disclose HIV and the public will beg for such a system to protect themselves from legal problems. 

• Downvote 1

Guest ParTyFag

Damn ... That's a most wrong things about criminalize HIV. It's actually provides only a defamation and discrimination against people who're living with HIV. Well, I guess nobody wants to dispute that's fuck it's about 2 old mutual people. Everyone is knows about condoms, HIV, Hepatitis and other STD's. So, even if one person didn't talk to his sex partner anything about HIV then where was a brain of another one? Everyone have a rights to not getting fucked without condoms, isn't? So, why someone should be spreading to the jail if nobody's would't care about his health and life? Especially if we're talking about gay people. Let's be honest, we're a faggots/cocksuckers/perv/exhibit/ffisters/slamers etc. And most of us are prefer to raw bb fuck. What's wrong? 

1 hour ago, BBBoyfromTN said:

. You may get guys saying they want to get pozzed and then coming after the guy who did it after it happens as they have "buyers remorse". Well, then what? Do you have to videotape guys saying they want it? Having them sign an affidavit and getting it notarized? This is why it's just so much easier to do anon sex in bathrooms, sex clubs, bathouses, parks and such. You'll never see the guy again.

That’s why I would keep all texts pm email so on so you can prove they wanted it so on 

I for one know the risks and want to take that risk if I get it I will be happy but I will not go to the person that gave it me and try to take them to court that’s why now asking on line on here other gay sites and go to bath houses and ask for it bb I don’t ask there name so on 

if you are scared about a chaser keep all  chat so on 

• Like 1

Guest SpermaFF

Deliberately infecting people
who don’t want it is
is absolute crime!

There can be no double opinion in this question.

Guest descartes70817
On March 30, 2019 at 6:09 PM, Pozlover1 said:

As I have said before:

There is no way to prove consent or disclosure.

The idea that any Government cares about you is ludicrous, but the costs of the meds are paid by the British Government. In the USA it is more complex, as the drug price is artificially inflated and the drug companies make money on us. 

There’s always two stories: The story itself and why out of all the things going on is this story chosen for attention yet again. 

Totalitarian England, where you can go to prison for a Facebook post, would be a logical test bed for the licensing of all sex acts a la the movie 1984. A permit would prove consent and disclosure and in the age of computers could be easily done at any drug store. Charge enough people with failing to get consent or disclose HIV and the public will beg for such a system to protect themselves from legal problems. 

The British Army vets I know call this the G Plan. You get to kill one politician or other person of your choice and end up letting the government pay your bed and board along with free medical care for life. Sure beats the shit alternative of trying to survive on a British pension at least. Maybe he had something like this in mind, because being in prison isn't going to slow his sex life down much.

Edited by descartes70817