Viral Load and Transmission?

I’m HIV negative but have been engaging with a partner who is Poz.

Is there a cut off or number where transmission is more definite? Just found out sexual partner is not actually undetectable, but has, what he calls, a low viral load of 6350 and a cd4 of 310. What are my chances of transmission after multiple hookups?

Add pudding to my "Infectious Disease" Dr, a viral load of 200 or lower, is considered "Undetectable", and low risk. 

So I'd say a viral load of 6350 stands a good chance of infecting someone. 

At my highest, I think I was around 30,000, and i wad in pretty bad shape.. i think my CD4 was in the area of 8, or so...

I felt so bad, health wise,  I couldn't stand, or bend over to get fucked, without getting dizzy, or pass out.  I was as weak as a kitten.... and forget about me Topping anyone...

I just wish I had found a couple of rough, poz Tops to fuck me while I was feeling that bad.. I wouldn't have been able to stop them, I was so weak...

20171003_215542.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rendae said:

I’m HIV negative but have been engaging with a partner who is Poz.

Is there a cut off or number where transmission is more definite? Just found out sexual partner is not actually undetectable, but has, what he calls, a low viral load of 6350 and a cd4 of 310. What are my chances of transmission after multiple hookups?

With that viral load there is the possibility of sexual transmission. If it was in the last 72 hours, you could start PEP. You may want to go to your healthcare provider or a sexual health clinic to discuss options for testing.

At this point the most important thing is to find out your status. If you are HIV+ there are lots of supports and if you go on medication you can live a long and healthy life. If you are HIV- you should strongly consider going on PrEP.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

If he's not undetectable there's a risk of getting pozzed. There is no magic "number" where it is absolute yes or no of it happening. There are so many factors that contribute to it there ultimately is no way of knowing. Based on those numbers there's a chance you could get pozzed. That said, I've bare fucked some guys multiple times and they've never converted...no idea how or why. I've had guys I fucked one time bare turn up poz...now mind you, it might not have been me that did it...they probably got fucked by other guys too. It just depends. Don't be surprised if you do get pozzed though...