Hmm Grindr is a national security risk huh

Oldercumslut

Guest BBBoyfromTN

I'd listened to a clip on NPR's website with some security guy talking about how it can be used by criminal elements/forgeign agents and how it can compromise and jeopardize people. Me, I wasn't all that worried...I work in tech and honestly, people just do not realize how much they give away with their smartphones. That said, I think this is the government wanting to shut down apps as part of their overall "sex panic" policy to crack down on anything deemed non-normal, like they did with Back Pages, Craigslist, and so on. They're wanting to demonize sex and drive it back underground. If they go after Grindr it's going to have a chilling effect on sex just like when CL got taken down. It was bad enough to hookup after CL went down and if Grindr goes I dunno what the fuck I'm gonna do. I've already started doing more old school cruising like bathrooms and gyms for hookups. If Grindr goes there's gonna be a lot of desperate horny gay guys in bars again.

It’s Chinese owners undoubtedly share information with Chinese Intelligence, who undoubtedly shares information with the spies here that don’t drive congresswomen around. And they probably aren’t all Chinese. 

Even in 2019 some married guys COULD be blackmailed into, oh, I don’t know, giving them plans for quiet submarine propellors or sabotaging Boeing elevator jackscrews. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:51 PM, BreedMeInVegas said:

It's not always about the content of the app or service, it's about the divulging of location information:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/28/fitness-tracking-app-gives-away-location-of-secret-us-army-bases

They don’t need Grindr. Just go on Google Maps and look for blocked out areas. 

Guest BreedMeInVegas
On 4/2/2019 at 4:37 PM, Pozlover1 said:

They don’t need Grindr. Just go on Google Maps and look for blocked out areas. 

I think that's part of the problem, there are so many apps utilizing location services, it's the odd ones that are being used to figure that stuff out.