Summertime Sweat

On 11/17/2020 at 12:39 PM, chi4loads said:

I hadn't heard anything from Louis for a couple weeks and sent off a message checking in on him. 

"Hey sorry been busy.  met a girl" his reply said.  I took a big breath and got a lump in my throat.  I knew this was going to happen, he was too nice of a guy not to get snatched up at some point.

"she's bi too and cool with me meeting guys but we're doing the monogamous thing for now" he sent a minute later.

I wanted to scream but it would just be a waste of energy.  I sat down on the couch and stared at the phone for a few minutes and finally typed out "cool.  good luck and keep in touch.  maybe a beer some time."  I knew it would probably never happen but I could hope.  It's the danger of messing around with straight or bi guys.  Once again, it was time to move on.

Not the end, I hope?

21 hours ago, torcub said:

Not the end, I hope?

Seems like a perfect but slightly sad ending to me. Unless the story picks up with Lois a few years later. 

I just hope we get more of chi4loads' writing, whatever the story he wants to tell. 

On 12/2/2020 at 11:10 AM, torcub said:

Not the end, I hope?

Yes it is.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:21 AM, TheMoreTheMerrier said:

Seems like a perfect but slightly sad ending to me. Unless the story picks up with Lois a few years later. 

Maybe, but I think it's best to leave it right there.   I realize the fiction outside of the backroom get a lot less views and it seems few people like long running stories here, IMHO.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:21 AM, TheMoreTheMerrier said:

I just hope we get more of chi4loads' writing, whatever the story he wants to tell. 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, chi4loads said:

Yes it is.

Maybe, but I think it's best to leave it right there.   I realize the fiction outside of the backroom get a lot less views and it seems few people like long running stories here, IMHO.

Thanks!

Thank you for creating this story.

• Like 1

Thanks for the story. I’ve not been reading much here this year but kept coming back for to check on this one and another you’ve been working on. You’re one of my favorite writers here. Look forward to what you do next!

• Thanks 1