Chlamydia in rectal test only

Guest Goneandnotcomingba

Guest Goneandnotcomingba

So I’ve just had a recent STD test and I’ve tested positive for chlamydia but only from my rectal swap. My urine and mouth swab came back as negative from chlamydia.

This might sound stupid but does that mean I actually do have it? Does that mean that I could only pass it on via me receiving anal and not from my cock fucking someone else?

sorry I’m a bit ignorant about this but thought I’d ask.

Guest Goneandnotcomingba
10 minutes ago, negbtm said:

Yep that's exctly what that means

Sorry I genuinely can’t tell if that was a sarcastic response or if you’re serious? Sorry I just don’t know about this stuff

Sexual health nurse here: Likely it means that the infection is only in your rectum, but what I usually tell my patients is that to account for the possibility of any (very unlikely) lab mistakes, you should consider yourself to have it in your cock as well. If you want to be absolutely sure not to pass it on, I’d say no sex of any kind until a full seven days have passed since getting treatment. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

For anyone reading this thread, its important to note that a rectal swab won't always find a chlamydia infection, especially if the top came deep inside you. I once had mysterious bleeding that couldn't be diagnosed until they did a sigmoidoscopy (a camera that goes like 6" up the rectum). Turns out clammy causes ulcers similar to IBS or Chron's

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested positive for chlamydia in just my anus several times. This would make sense as at the time, i really wasnt sucking cock and never topping, but just getting bred by a  lot of anon guys. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...