Londons Saunas-Bathhouses

Guest PozJock

Guest PozJock

Coming to London for my 1st time in end of summer. Looking for recommendations on best saunas/bathhouses In London. Which ones tend to be really busy and raw/bareback/pig play?

• 1 month later...

Hey LatinPozSlut- I see no-one has replied to your post yet, and I don’t want you to think we’re all rude and unfriendly over here, so I’ll try to advise you as best I can, though it’s been a while since I’ve been to a London sauna.

The sauna scene in London isn’t what it was 10 to 20 years ago: many have closed down, killed by a combination of sky-high rents and the dating app revolution.  Same story in cities the world over, I suppose.  However, there are still a few worth trying.

Perhaps the most central one is Sweatbox in SoHo.  It’s just reopened after a complete (and necessary) refurb, so it might be quite good- can’t say for sure, as I haven’t been since it reopened.  It tends to attract a somewhat younger crowd than most saunas, and plenty of fit types.  Probably busiest late eves (after 11:00pm).

Then there’s Pleasuredrome near Waterloo- I think it’s open 24 hours, and often quite busy.  It caters to all types: the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Unusually for a UK sauna, it has private rooms you can rent.

Another one is Chariots in Vauxhall.  Personally I dislike it: it has all the atmosphere of DIY warehouse.  Seems to attract a younger, more drug oriented crowd.

There are several more smaller ones dotted around, not all of them in central locations.  I’ve heard good things about the Locker Room in south London, but haven’t been myself.

Perhaps someone on here with more recent sauna experience can give you more up-to-date info.

But do make sure you visit some of the sex bars and clubs as well- they seem much busier and much more popular than the saunas these days.  Don’t miss the Vault (Vault 139), and if you’re happy to go naked, then you should go to SBN on a Sunday afternoon, where you’ll find literally hundreds of guys fucking, most of them bareback.

First thing to do when you arrive is go to any gay bar and pick up a copy of the free weekly QX magazine, which will give you listings of what’s on where each night.

Hope you have fun!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PozJock

Hey Spunkinmyarse

Thanks for getting back to me. This was very helpful. I would love to try them all out but not sure how much time Ill have only there for 4 days then off to Ibiza and Barcelona 😉Would love to meet up with you while im in London.   Let me know if you're around.

On 4/14/2019 at 6:58 AM, LatinPozSlut said:

Coming to London for my 1st time in end of summer. Looking for recommendations on best saunas/bathhouses In London. Which ones tend to be really busy and raw/bareback/pig play?

Often in London for work DM me when your around and we could perhaps hook up?? 

• 2 months later...
Guest BreedMeInVegas
On 5/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, Spunkinmyarse said:

Hey LatinPozSlut- I see no-one has replied to your post yet, and I don’t want you to think we’re all rude and unfriendly over here, so I’ll try to advise you as best I can, though it’s been a while since I’ve been to a London sauna.

The sauna scene in London isn’t what it was 10 to 20 years ago: many have closed down, killed by a combination of sky-high rents and the dating app revolution.  Same story in cities the world over, I suppose.  However, there are still a few worth trying.

Perhaps the most central one is Sweatbox in SoHo.  It’s just reopened after a complete (and necessary) refurb, so it might be quite good- can’t say for sure, as I haven’t been since it reopened.  It tends to attract a somewhat younger crowd than most saunas, and plenty of fit types.  Probably busiest late eves (after 11:00pm).

Then there’s Pleasuredrome near Waterloo- I think it’s open 24 hours, and often quite busy.  It caters to all types: the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Unusually for a UK sauna, it has private rooms you can rent.

Another one is Chariots in Vauxhall.  Personally I dislike it: it has all the atmosphere of DIY warehouse.  Seems to attract a younger, more drug oriented crowd.

There are several more smaller ones dotted around, not all of them in central locations.  I’ve heard good things about the Locker Room in south London, but haven’t been myself.

Perhaps someone on here with more recent sauna experience can give you more up-to-date info.

But do make sure you visit some of the sex bars and clubs as well- they seem much busier and much more popular than the saunas these days.  Don’t miss the Vault (Vault 139), and if you’re happy to go naked, then you should go to SBN on a Sunday afternoon, where you’ll find literally hundreds of guys fucking, most of them bareback.

First thing to do when you arrive is go to any gay bar and pick up a copy of the free weekly QX magazine, which will give you listings of what’s on where each night.

Hope you have fun!

I'll be in London the first weekend of September, and your reply is very helpful!  One question, what is SBN that you mention is popular on Sunday afternoons?

SBN stands for “Stark Bollock Naked”, which is just a British expression for completely naked.  It’s the name for a cruise event which takes place from 2:00pm every Sunday at a venue called the Union Club in an area of London called Vauxhall.  It’s well attended, usually about 300 guys or more, and as the name implies, the dress code is totally naked (except foot ware).  Sex is very much the name of the game. I think it costs £17 or £18 for non-members, which includes a drink and coat check (you don’t have to be a member to get in).

There’s no such thing as ‘fashionably late’ in London: make sure you get there by 3:00pm, as most of the action takes place between 3:00pm and 5:00pm.  There’s often a live sex show on stage at about 5:00pm, and things start to peter our after that.  From 6:00pm underwear is allowed, and the event staggers on till 10:00, but it’s not as good in the evening (although I’ve never stayed beyond 7:00pm).

I hope you enjoy it if you go, is great fun!