Ex Jehovah's Witness

RiggerBootsFan

So, I've been lurking on this forum for ages getting really turned on by, well, all of you.

One of the things I love about poz guys is the sense of freedom you have when it comes to sex. I spent a nice evening in Bukkake in Sitges sucking cock and drinking cum, but, as the title says, being an exJW, man, it sucks (and not in a good way)

I'm very uptight when it comes to being fucked even though I love it when it happens.

Anyone here used to be religious? How did you manage to embrace and love sex so much? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Over, time that not do fucking as part of religious background. However, over time started to accept. A factor that helps is many stories of a religious figure or figures speaking out on what see as damaging against same sex relations when they go and secretly do the very thing preach against.  An perfect example is Pastor Ted Haggard speaking against LGBT while other times with a gay prostitute and do drugs. First wrote a writing on Christian tv and radio on how fuck while religious programming playing.  So turned into a type of have fun, especially when somethings said make little sense.

Eventually guilt goes away and not care anymore about verses mistranslated, abused to say as an adult can't do something with another consenting adult. Also if have sexually needs to meet makes easier to look or consider fun.

Each I guess have to find what comfortable with.

I suffered for a long time with the problem of the disconnect between what religion taught me about sex and what my body was telling me about sex. This is how I have reconciled the question:

1. I decided that the Christian God I believe in is not cruel.

2. I decided that God did not make an error in constructing the human body.

Therefore, any impulse for sexual expression must be not only natural, but intentional, and God would not be so cruel as to build into us so powerful a drive if responding to it were evil. This would make no sense.

Generally speaking, the sum total of Christian teaching is to do all things that you do out of love and care toward others, doing harm to none - that is, a life of ethical and considerate action. Sex that is ethical, considerate of the other, and does harm to none should therefore not be inconsistent with a principled life.

Lastly, God is merciful, understanding, and kind. Should I have misunderstood His intent regarding any of this, I hope that I will be forgiven, because I really am trying to do the best I can given the very insistent libido with which I was constructed.

Edited by ErosWired
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i've joked (after the fact) that being gay saved me from "God."  i was even asked to pastor a church.   i sincerely tried to change or resist being gay for most of my life and the "God" i believed in was there the whole time.  It took a long time for me (slow learner) but through tons of processing, tears, prayers, i finally realized that the "God" i believed in was just that, belief.  i'm not saying there is or isn't a "God,"  i'm saying that my beliefs were not reality that i could in any way substantiate.  On the other hand, it's very evident to me that i'm gay lol. 

Once i saw it, it was just so simple and clear. i was never following (or trying to follow) "God," i was trying to follow my and other peoples ideas of "God."   

i still like some of the stuff i picked up from the bible. i like the idea of love as being the most important thing we do with each other. i also like the explanation of why love is so important, "We see and know in part... we see through a glass darkly,"  i.e., we don't know enough to judge ourselves or others.  Yet so many religions eschew love and instead insist they see and know clearly what "God" wants, doing exactly the opposite of what their religion teaches. 

• Upvote 1

The oft-quoted verses in Romans 1:24-32 about diseases and washing out the ability to love are accurate, but notice none of this negates Salvation. 

In fact, 14:14 says “nothing is unclean unto itself” (talking spiritually of course).

Remember, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality and in fact healed a Centurion’s lover.

You might look up  “the secret book of Mark” about His trip to Jericho and “the Gymnos boy wrapped in a bed sheet”. He reappears at the Garden when Jesus is arrested and, the way I read it, in one of the accounts of the discovery of the Empty Tomb this gay boy was the one who announced “He is risen!”.  Small differences in witness reports prove authenticity while exact word for word parroting indicate a corroboration of a false narrative. In the case of the Empty Tomb I believe the very different accounts are all true because, well, God. 

• 1 month later...
Guest BritBottom

Everyone has the right to their beliefs, if they actually live by them without hypocrisy, that is worthy of any mans respect.

I gave up on religion long ago.  One of my favourite authors as a boy sums up my view of religion:

Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a superior to themselves. Most Gods have the manners  and morals of a spoiled child.”

[Robert Heinlein, "Notebooks of Lazarus Long," from Time Enough for Love (1973).]

Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there.”

[Robert A. Heinlein, JOB: A Comedy of Justice, (1984).]

“Of all the strange crimes that humanity has legislated out of nothing, blasphemy is the most amazing - with obscenity and indecent exposure fighting it out for second and third place.”

[Robert Heinlein, "Notebooks of Lazarus Long," from Time Enough for Love (1973).]

“Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful--just stupid.)”

“The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by  their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history.”

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”

[Robert A. Heinlein, Postscript to Revolt in 2100.]

“I contend that the disgusting behavior of many of their alleged 'holy men' relieves us of any intellectual obligation to take the stuff seriously. No amount of sanctimonious rationalization can make such behavior anything but pathological.”

[Robert Heinlein, Tramp Royale.]

“When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you may not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.”

[Robert Heinlein, If This Goes On, (1940).]

There is a difference between spirituality and religion.

Spirituality give you a sense of a relationship and feeling of connection to the to universe around you. There is no set doctrine and it does not even require belief in a god. Spirituality is self-directed, all inclusive, and welcomes teachings and inspiration from multiple sources.

Religion, on the other hand, is a man-made construct based on the interpretation of a specific set of principles. It requires adherence to one church's doctrine and the only acceptable teachings are those of that church. Religion uses dogma to train, limit, and control belief. Religion shuns all critical or opposing thought even (or especially) when it highlights contradiction and hypocrisy withing the church's doctrine.

That's not to say that everything about religious teachings is bad, I'm merely saying that you capable of evaluating principles, determining their validity in a modern world, and forming your own relationship with whatever powers you believe in.

Personally, I don't think it should matter whether someone believes in a god or follows a religion. As long as you live your life in an honest and sincere manner then you will be better off, and the world will be too.

• 2 weeks later...

As heard news in 2018 was a Jehovah Witness court case of court ordered fines due to sexual abuse. 

I was able to see I think title was 'Cults and Extreme Beliefs' Episode on the Jehovah Witnesses (JW) The episode about a woman abused growing up that attend a kingdom Hall. The irony was when visit Jehovah Witnesses headquarters or place in New York to talk to someone that no one come visit her in her vehicle. As paraphrase in case mix up what she said was "They (Jehovah Witnesses) goes to hundreds or millions of doors and no one can come talk to me.

She made tough decision to submit letter to leave the Watchtower organization. What makes a hard decision is if she submitted letter earlier her mother told to have minimum contact. Her mother had passed and while not attend a kingdom Hall in years that finally decided to officially resign. 

When is more amazing is JW main librarian archivist saw reports going back years of abuse.

I write so people should know what is going on before join a religion, group, club, organization to if one join that needs to take due diligence to keep youth and adults safe. 

In study of JW have strict rules, but leaves upsetting not prevent or report suspected abuse. Also read can get shunned if question, or not follow rules for minor items can face shunning.

Of note JW not open to LGBT as studied. I visited a Kingdom Hall a couple of times. I have read their literature and find if read just that, my theory is pump out the literature so not have time to read other materials. I think in pump out the literature that if a member not watch program or read information reveal facts and information of abuse. Also miss out criticism of the Watchtower to hear arguments against and I guess for if stay a member. However as understand a JW can only read official publications. To me seems remove think for self if a rule. I think excommunication or punishment if elders learn about one is LGBT. The flip side from story of 2018 court case the board punish elder if decide to punish for abuse and say a year or so can't return then let them return to kingdom Hall again after a year or so. That seems messed up in kick out one that be LGBT that not abuse. Then punish and let abuser return.  

My own theory is Jehovah Witnesses and other groups such as Branch Davidens, Flds, etc. use End of the World to get members to submit if scare them. One can still believe about End of the World, but share how can be twisted for abuse.