Prep and HVL

Texbear

Yes, if taken as directed, PrEP is very effective against HVL. 

I wouldn’t personally do prep on demand with someone with a HVL, but there is also no evidence that it wouldn’t work in that situation as well 

Guest SecretCumWhore
1 hour ago, justsexnowatl said:

Yes, there have only been 3 or 4 cases worldwide when it's failed if taken as directed and fully in the system.  You know LOTS and LOTS of loads have been taken, plenty highly viral.

Got one for me sexy?

On 4/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, wood said:

Yes, if taken as directed, PrEP is very effective against HVL. 

I wouldn’t personally do prep on demand with someone with a HVL, but there is also no evidence that it wouldn’t work in that situation as well 

I’ve been taking it for months now so it’s not really on demand. Just curious because i wanna go to a bathhouse soon

22 hours ago, Texbear said:

I’ve been taking it for months now so it’s not really on demand. Just curious because i wanna go to a bathhouse soon

To make you feel a little more at ease - I took hundreds loads in bathhouses, video stores, dark basements and alleys for almost 20 years without prep or anything else - and I'm still neg.  And I don't even have the CCR5 deletion to explain it.  So, if you've been on prep for a few months, HIV is almost a non-issue - Syph, Gono, Chlam, Hep B, HepC and HPV are your only concerns.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JackEdJIZZ

Personal experience:   Literally hundreds of viral loads spread over the roughly 3 years I took the chemical condom......no risk.     First fuck session AFTER I stopped taking PrEP and I converted.    No doubt in my mind it was effective.    

Edited by JackEdJIZZ

1 hour ago, JackEdJIZZ said:

Personal experience:   Literally hundreds of viral loads spread over the roughly 3 years I took the chemical condom......no risk.     First fuck session AFTER I stopped taking PrEP and I converted.    No doubt in my mind it was effective.    

Thanks for responding.

11 hours ago, Imgameu41 said:

They are now recommending prep does not need to be taken every day.  2 pills the day you’re planning to have sex, one pill  following for two days.

For real? Source please?

42 minutes ago, Slipperyott said:

For real? Source please?

This dosing schedule hasn’t been approved by the FDA yet. There’s some research showing it may be effective, but it’s not being recommended just yet.

Source: I’m an HIV researcher working on PrEP drug trials.

2 hours ago, barecub85 said:

This dosing schedule hasn’t been approved by the FDA yet. There’s some research showing it may be effective, but it’s not being recommended just yet.

Source: I’m an HIV researcher working on PrEP drug trials.

Talk to the sf city clinic and whoever has been doing in France for several years