Irritation continues after Chlamyida treatment

For about a month, I stopped having sex because my asshole felt irritated. I then got tested, and the results were positive for Chlamydia in the anus (and in my dick). I took my two Azithromycin pills this Monday. However, by Friday I still feel just as irritated down there. Should I wait longer for it to heal? Could this be a different problem? I'd expect by now for things to at least feel a little better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Douper,

Sounds like you have LGV, clamydia's wicked stepsister. I had it. My younger gay doc prescribed antibiotics twice per day for 21 days plus a cream to soothe my butt. My butt also had a very small tear. Also, no sex for 21 days. I had to get re-tested to make sure the antibiotics and cream did their job. Prvt me if you want more info. Good luck!

I agree it could possibly be LGV. You should ask for a test of cure and doxycycline 100 mg orally twice a day x21 days. They should also do a rectal exam to rule out other causes. 

• 1 month later...