Recent Problems

rawTOP

• Administrators

Just so you guys know what happened…

I did an upgrade the software vendor said was "minor" and part of the upgrade process wasn't compatible with how my server was configured. When I had tech support help at one point the upgrade process got kicked off twice. Somewhere in all of that there was clearly some data corruption. I tried my best to resolve the problems, but they just couldn't be fixed, so we've rolled back the back up that happened the night before all this happened (~8pm on Wednesday). Nothing could be posted to the site after the failed upgrade (late morning on Thursday). So about 12 hours of posts and other changes were lost. Ditto for anyone who registered during that time as well.

It is what it is. We just move on…

If you see problems (you didn't see before yesterday), please comment below… But before you comment, please reload the page or (better yet) close and reopen your web browser.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I should mention I'm seeing issues. The site logo isn't working anymore, and the background images aren't there anymore. There's a background process running that's "reindexing images" (whatever that means). It's apparently the source of the problem. Once it's done, I'll work on fixing things. Hopefully it's just a matter of fixing a few images and the other problems won't crop back up.

🤞

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Monster5-8gPA said:

Thanks for doing this, I’m sure it’s frustrating to you! Btw what’s with “Villain” at the top of every page now?  Never saw that before.  

🙏

The site is based on IP.Board, which is off-the-shelf forum software. The site gets it's look and feel from a theme I pay for. The name of the theme is Villain. The upgrade is messing with the customization of the theme (logo, background images, etc.) When the reindexing is complete I'll restore the missing images.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, KinkpigDC said:

I am told I cant message because my box is too full.

Can't figure out how to empty old messagesthat I do not want. Some I'd like to save.

How to do it?

Unfortunately your two options are 1) to delete everything, or 2) to go into each message and delete that conversation. It's a bit dumb, I know. But I didn't write the software. Sorry.

[Oh, and this has nothing to do with the upgrade problems.]

• Administrators

OK. All background processes are done. Logo and background image are restored. I think we're good.

I'm going to ask tech support to put back the caching that was in place before the upgrade (that caused problems with the upgrade). It should make the site a bit faster. And I'll try to remember to check everything before I go to bed.

• Thanks 1

I noticed the problem last night, but once i got logged in by switching to desktop mode, i could not message you to say it was broken. (Could not type into yext boxes). Maybe the "contact us" page should not use the main theme so you could learn earlier. Just a thought, but keep up the good work.