Why?

Guest PozGoat

Guest PozGoat

Why does Mike Pence hate this?

Why does the Mike Pence aligned conservative Republican hate gay culture?

I have attended Chicago Pride every year for the past several years. I was at this parade.

Why do conservatives consider us to be a threat?

On 4/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, PozGoat said:

Why does Mike Pence hate this?

Why does the Mike Pence aligned conservative Republican hate gay culture?

I have attended Chicago Pride every year for the past several years. I was at this parade.

Why do conservatives consider us to be a threat?

There is an entire culture (often religious, like Pence's) that believes that there is no such thing as 'being gay.'   I.e., they think we are "broken, perverted, sick, etc. etc.."  They even developed a whole system to de-gay guys (and chicks) called "reparative therapy."   Guys like Pence think they know "God" and, additionally, they think they know what "God" wants and what "God" doesn't want.  So, they try and enact laws accordingly.  It wasn't that long ago that a gay person could get arrested for fucking with another guy. 

The Trump administration and it's supporters scare the hell out of me. There are so many similarities to Nazi Germany, it's spooky. Not many people realize how progressive and liberal Germany was prior to Hitler and his ilk.  i love the movie "Cabaret" for it's representation of culture prior to and after Nazi's got in power.  

i don't doubt for a second that if guys like Pence had their way, being gay would be illegal, sites like BZ would not exist and many of us would be in prison.  We might be given the 'choice' of reparative therapy at our trials.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If there's no such thing as being gay, then presumably we are all the same. Should we ever meet Mike Pence, we'd be in with a chance.  He might use one set of words to describe it and we might use another but the point would be the same.  We couldn't be respecting his heterosexuality because our sexuality and his are the same. If ours broke, got perverted etc etc, who is to say that his won't too?   I am not saying it seems likely, still less that I'm tempted,  just that his reasoning (if that's the right word) seems to invite advances. Sarah Palin, I understand, comes to tempt us.  He cant really do that, can he, with something we don't want to do?

• 4 weeks later...

Conservatives disagree with the lifestyle because they believe that its a slippery slope to other perversions, such as beastiality and pedophilia. LIke, they highly frown upon children being at PRIDE Parades due to fetish culture appearing at them. Leave the leather harnesses and jockstraps at home. Dress like normal sane adults. Theres nothing wrong with being gay, but dont wear your fetish wear around children.

Guest perverthomoslave
On 6/20/2019 at 12:58 AM, putitinmecoach said:

Leave the leather harnesses and jockstraps at home.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:58 AM, putitinmecoach said:

but dont wear your fetish wear around children.

Kink culture and fetish is a key part of queer culture and history. Our community shouldn't have to exclude an important part of itself just because Becky didn't like that her son patted a rubber pup at Pride. We aren't their parents, it shouldn't be our responsibility not to expose children to a piece of leather on our bodies when they already see much worse things on TV (but their parents don't complain about those because it isn't associated with queerness). At least to me, saying we shouldn't use kink gear at Pride is like saying Mexicans shouldn't wear sombreros in Mexican Independence day.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:58 AM, putitinmecoach said:

Conservatives disagree with the lifestyle because they believe that its a slippery slope to other perversions, such as beastiality and pedophilia. LIke, they highly frown upon children being at PRIDE Parades due to fetish culture appearing at them. Leave the leather harnesses and jockstraps at home. Dress like normal sane adults. Theres nothing wrong with being gay, but dont wear your fetish wear around children.

How about leave your children at home. Don't bring them to Pride, or leather bars where men wear harnesses and jockstraps. That's what sane responsible adults do. BTW #ISeeYou

• Upvote 1

“Conservatives” such as Mike Pence hate and despise homosexuals and gay culture for the simple reason that they do not, at a visceral level, understand it - and most humans fear what they don’t understand. Because they fear, they hate the thing that makes them afraid, and they vilify it.

These Conservatives are a fearful people in general, and as a result they feel a need to gain control of their environment, their circumstances, and the people around them so they can feel safe and secure with their simple beliefs unquestioned, their traditions unchallenged, their minds unexpanded by inconvenient new ideas.

Their resort to religion as a source of attack on homosexuality is to be expected - fearful people turn to religion for reassurance and solidarity with like thinkers (i.e., the similarly indoctrinated). And organized religion has always been about control of populations in any case.

I look at Mr. Pence and I see a very insecure man desperately trying to shore up a white male paternalistic midwestern mindset that is collapsing around his ears, and his God isn’t doing anything to help him. He, too, shall pass... and not soon enough.

• Like 1

The Pride events in Louisville, Lexington, Jeffersonville Indiana and Spencer (Bloomington Indiana) are “family friendly”, lots of people bring their kids. 

As for Pence, I think his opposition to a Fairness Ordinance was more to keep businesses from having another minority that can’t be fired without lawsuits. He apparently is unaware that since the early 1970’s we earned our position as valuable employees by showing up every day and not stealing everything, and we don’t want to work for people who don’t want us (hence the HRC’s LBGT Equality Rating System). I do not believe he is a bad man,  but is out of touch with the American People’s feelings towards LBGT people. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, gwmxyz said:

Maybe its not the spell check.  Dark forces etc.  Can I say Beelzebub or Lucifer?  I'd always imagined the forces of darkness to have a little more up top Ms Palin 

It's a site setting, any references to the fallen angel with the "S" term are automatically changed to Sarah Palin

Edited by woodrow82

• 3 years later...