Advertising parties on BBRT

AirmaxUK

So I've noticed lately when looking at the 'Greater London' zone on BBRT - which is usually the most active London area  - that the parties section seems to be dying off. 

There still seem to be guys advertising parties but nobody is requesting invites or signing up to attend them. If you look at last Sunday's parties (and it's a holiday weekend) there are six listed, with 0,1,0,1,3,2 attendees. 

If the hit rate of people actually showing up is 1-2 in 10 then this doesn't seem very successful. 

I am sure it didn't used to be this quiet. What's happening?

You occasionally and rarely see a successful party advertised and it has maybe 15+ attendees listed.  But I don't understand why as it looks nothing special compared to the others. What's different?  It makes me wonder if I am missing something!

I will also say I've noticed that if you request invites to parties in advance, you often don't get accepted until maybe an hour or two before and by then I've made other plans. 

Is this another level of internet flakiness? Is this unique to London? What gives?

Maybe the parties are being marketed via another channel? For example in Germany, I know of quite a few parties that never get advertised on BBRT. Posting a private party in Berlin makes very little sense to me because there are so many venues organising parties where you are almost guaranteed sex.

Maybe guys are tired of no-shows and that's why the parties are disappearing?

When I was in Barcelona a few months ago, someone on Grindr hit me up to invite me to a private party. 

So, I think the parties are still happening. The invitations are not being broadcast for all to see.

Edited by bbzh
typo
  • Upvote 1

Is it possible that it being a holiday weekend, people’s plans had already been made for travel, family, or more conventional parties?

It wouldn’t surprise me if, as @bbzh says, listings are waning because people are realizing it’s mainly a way of collecting flakes. Personally, I’ve just recently made the decision to give no second chances regardless of circumstances - the damn flaking has got to come to a stop somehow, and the only way that will ever happen is if there are consequences.

Myself, the few times I’ve ever tried to list a party, I’ve gotten very poor response. The definition of stupid is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result each time, so I just gave it up.

• Upvote 1

Hello Airmax, I’m looking at the party listings on the Greater London bbrt site, and can currently see 16.  Granted, none of them look particularly well attended, except one, which is showing 17 attendees.

When you are searching parties and selecting the Greater London area, are you leaving the next field (city) blank, or is it showing ‘London’ by default?  If the latter is true, then it won’t show any parties where a specific area of London has been included, like ‘Lambeth’, or ‘Camden’...

with so much obligation with friends, family and life (like cruising the local Waitrose at 2100 :) ) it is hard to tie yourself down to a future date. Ask me for  a fuck tomorrow night and I'll wash-out and take a load. But knowing what I'm doing in two weeks? difficult

• Upvote 1

I was in London this past weekend (Saturday till earlier today) and requested an invite to a party on bbrt, but never got a response. Maybe age was a factor, although that wasn't clear in the details. I found fun elsewhere.

Edited by Scottop

@AirmaxUK  Thanks for starting up the thread on this good topic.  I am in the Washington, DC area and have noticed something similar to what you're experiencing and some of the comments others have made.  I agree with @bbzh that the parties are being listed in other venues or being organized in other more spontaneous ways.  Here in DC, the parties do not tend to be all that good as so many guys don't follow through with attending.  I notice that some parties have people listed as attending who live in far-flung locations.  Mind you, they may be traveling into town, but many are not.  I also notice guys signed up for more than one party taking place at the same time.  I think the parties feature could be better if guys were more honest about their ability to attend.

It would also be incredibly nice at this point if BBRT were to upgrade some of their features or build in some new ones.  The site has been the same for so long.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2019 at 8:48 PM, theplayerking said:

I see few true parties (i.e, orgies) on BBRT. Most are just cumdumps looking for a gang bang. I haven’t hosted one in a long time, but 30 percent attendance rate from total strangers was a good group. 

I think you are right... most of the poorly attended parties are just bottoms fishing for more tops. 

On 5/6/2019 at 2:09 PM, edward21uk said:

with so much obligation with friends, family and life (like cruising the local Waitrose at 2100 :) ) it is hard to tie yourself down to a future date. Ask me for  a fuck tomorrow night and I'll wash-out and take a load. But knowing what I'm doing in two weeks? difficult

I get what you mean, but my schedule means that Funtime has to  be planned in advance as it usually involves travel. 

Waitrose may be better for shopping but my local Asda takes some beating for cruising. It seems to be very popular with Eastern European workmen who are away from home working here for long periods. 😈 That is another story....

On 5/6/2019 at 9:52 PM, piglooking4pigs said:

@AirmaxUK  Thanks for starting up the thread on this good topic.  I am in the Washington, DC area and have noticed something similar to what you're experiencing and some of the comments others have made.  I agree with @bbzh that the parties are being listed in other venues or being organized in other more spontaneous ways.  Here in DC, the parties do not tend to be all that good as so many guys don't follow through with attending.  I notice that some parties have people listed as attending who live in far-flung locations.  Mind you, they may be traveling into town, but many are not.  I also notice guys signed up for more than one party taking place at the same time.  I think the parties feature could be better if guys were more honest about their ability to attend.

It would also be incredibly nice at this point if BBRT were to upgrade some of their features or build in some new ones.  The site has been the same for so long.

Yes - signing up for more than one party and signing up but not in the area are not good indicators. I'd love to see a feature on BBRT where you can leave comments/endorsements/reviews on guys profiles. Then it might be easier to spot flakes. 

On 5/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, Spunkinmyarse said:

Hello AirmaxAndy, I’m looking at the party listings on the Greater London bbrt site, and can currently see 16.  Granted, none of them look particularly well attended, except one, which is showing 17 attendees.

When you are searching parties and selecting the Greater London area, are you leaving the next field (city) blank, or is it showing ‘London’ by default?  If the latter is true, then it won’t show any parties where a specific area of London has been included, like ‘Lambeth’, or ‘Camden’...

In the specific area box I usually select "Islington" as that is where I stay/work. I sometimes select London as an area which shows all of the city. That is also where I set up and look for parties to get widest coverage. 

8 hours ago, theplayerking said:

I see few true parties (i.e, orgies) on BBRT. Most are just cumdumps looking for a gang bang. I haven’t hosted one in a long time, but 30 percent attendance rate from total strangers was a good group. 

3 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

I think you are right... most of the poorly attended parties are just bottoms fishing for more tops. 

Playerking, Airmax:  I feel I need to stick up for the cumdumps again... At least the cumdumps are putting themselves out there and trying to organise something (and often paying for a hotel room in the process).  It’s not their fault if others can’t be bothered to organise parties: it’s very rare I see a top going out of his way to arrange something.  Don’t take us cumdumps for granted: you’d miss us if we weren’t there ;)

• Like 3

I definitely appreciate cumdumps, regardless of the circumstances or setting. Especially in the rural area where I live, part of my own mission as a Top includes finding and rewarding any/all slutty btms that are available.

• Like 5

Guest faggot hole

An admirable mission Sir.  And i'll bet there are plenty of hidden sluts in the sticks, as there are nearly everywhere.  Your mission to find them expose them and teach them what they really are is important to mankind as a whole.

I have another theory about the drop off in party attendance. Could it be PrEP?

Before barebackers were sort of closeted/shamed and needed the parties to find other barebackers. Now you can look on almost any app and people are pretty open about using PrEP, which is clearly saying "I bareback". Therefore the only incentive to attend a party now may be for group sex. Personally I am divided on the idea of group sex - more potential partners, but also a bigger risk of catching something. I'd probably skip parties altogether if I had enough regulars.