The other STD's

Guest FinalDL2021

Guest FinalDL2021

I have been barebacking for roughly 2 years now, still HIV Neg, and enjoying the freedom. Yet I am starting to become more concerned about the other STD that are out there, especially HEP C and  herpes. 

I just tested negative for Hep C, yet how long is my luck going to hold out? I don't really define myself as a real slut. I go to  bathhouses on occasion, and meet other men on hook-up sites. On average, I end up getting fucked about twice a month

Hep C is mostly transmitted through IV substance use or shared inhalation equipment. There have been some documented sexual transmissions. It is usually treatable.

Herpes - you probably have it and it never caused an issue. It can be transmitted skin to skin before symptoms are noticed. It's not thought to be controllable by public health. If you get it, take meds or it resolves on its own. It may come back, but your body becomes better at clearing it. 

• Upvote 1

Guest FinalDL2021
13 hours ago, srider said:

Hep C is mostly transmitted through IV substance use or shared inhalation equipment. There have been some documented sexual transmissions. It is usually treatable.

Herpes - you probably have it and it never caused an issue. It can be transmitted skin to skin before symptoms are noticed. It's not thought to be controllable by public health. If you get it, take meds or it resolves on its own. It may come back, but your body becomes better at clearing it. 

There are 3 sexual epidemics in San Francisco right now, one of them is Hep C.  Its the last thing I need. Probably worse than HIV, because I am a man that fancies a drink, and I don't want my liver getting fucked up from Hep C.

I’m told that Hep C is a blood borne virus meaning that there needs to be blood on blood for transmission. A little harder to transmit sexually however it could happen during very rough anal sex. Herpes is not that big of a problem since so many people have it 

if you notice it’s not even on the standard std panel. You have to request it specifically 

I  got hep C from fucking in Berlin.. (I top only).. fortunately it cleared without medication..at the same time I also had kidney cancer.. I had  a lot of very worried doctors..and I was in a real panic for three weeks.. not something I won't to go thru again..

20 hours ago, BiAthlete4You said:

There are 3 sexual epidemics in San Francisco right now, one of them is Hep C.  Its the last thing I need. Probably worse than HIV, because I am a man that fancies a drink, and I don't want my liver getting fucked up from Hep C.

I'm quite curious to know more about this. Where is info being shared?

• Moderators

Here's a link to a fairly detailed general information sheet about Hep C

Hepatitis C overview page from the CDC

Highlights:

• In 2016, estimated 2.4 million chronic infections in the US, and 41,000 acute cases (new infections).
  • 10-20% chance of developing cirrhosis over 20-30 years
  • If you get cirrhosis, 3-6% of developing liver failure, 1-5% of developing liver cancer, per year

Digging a bit further, I also found some information that among the cases in which the information was reported (which unfortunately is a minority of them), a much larger proportion report injection drug use than report gay sexual contact:

Of 1,118 cases where the information was given, 767 (68%) reported injection drug use, but

Of 259 cases where the information was given, only 26 (10%) reported that they were men who have sex with men.

You know, guys who don't give a damn about VD, treat them like some kind of hot fetish. I myself am turned on by promiscuous guys who 'take chances' and who casually admit their self-assured, 'frequent-flyer' relationship with the health department. But I expect them to 'deal with VD' and control whatever they got not wallow in it, with neglect, while getting jollies from passing bugs on. My policy is: Take time out and hop back into the game when you are good and ready. But it doesn't seem like all  guys on BZ agree with those 'terms'... which makes some of us less inclined to play as hard as we could...

On that note: the DEEP SOUTH scores off the chart, last I checked for CDC on VD and HIV. Louisiana being an extreme outlier, followed by distant second being Mississippi. And it seems like the black communities are disproportionately affected. Wedged into the tip of MS and AR is Memphis and it scores much higher for those CDC numbers than big 'coastal' cities in the East and West typically associated with AIDS as it was. Much of those high rates are associated with lack of education, hypocrisy and willful neglect. So many 'don't want to know ANYTHING'. And besides, willfully (or just negligently ?) exposing others is a more serious criminal offense in red states, than say... elsewhere!

A couple weeks ago, I got a 'heads-up' (VD-alert) from a responsible REPEAT PLAYER who (compared to me, as a 'junior') is a senior at 'BB-High-School', performing at 'the top of the class'. He is an All-Around sports-star as a pitcher, catcher, fister, team-player and exhibitionist! Okay, popular, active guys always get more action and typically seek more dangerous thrills. Which in turn makes them even more popular. Football, dirt-biking, RODEO-riding, will get you bruises and random sex may get you VD!

"Better get checked out!" he said, by text message! Not again I thought, maybe just paranoia, this time? And instead of bugging my busy doc AGAIN for one of those knock-out scrips, instead I embarked on a busy, wild series of fucks. Best week! And days passed! 'Hmm, what is that... mild burn?' Paranoia? Well, I can't put the tail on the donkey in the dark but I called in yesterday and popped the hum-dinger dose. I asked the pharmacist if I should have RED or WHITE wine with it and she smirked and said: "Neither!" Love how I have NO MORE SHAME or inhibitions.

This morning my BEST FUCK-BUDDY called all horny again and ready to play. He said wants to breed me while another guy is supposed to join... no idea if as a top or bottom, just that he is HOT and I'm just allowed to HAVE SEX but not try to 'steal him'. That in fuck-buddy talk means: "EXTRA HOT, worthy of elevated fuck-buddy status, possible BF material!" So maybe a sandwich, a train or a DD... options ARE LIMITLESS. dammit! TEMPTING!!!!

Well, but with the medicine, after barely 12 hours already feeling like IT IS WORKING, I will sadly have to decline on today's fuck-session... wait the customary period... others would call me a fool, but I rather 'play fair'... 

Edited by rawsatyr
missing words
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, BiAthlete4You said:

Herpes is a non-issue. Most sexually active gay men have Herpes simplex 1&2. It was originally termed oral (1) and genital (2) but it’s now known that either variant can affect either area.  With herpes it’s important to remember that it’s estimated that around 80%+ of people that have it never had an outbreak. And there are cheap medications available to treat possible outbreaks. 

Hep C on the other hand is no joke. While Transmission was always thought to be only blood borne before, sexual transmission is now known to be possible. Some easy things to do to reduce transmission risk is to always use good lube. Lube reduces friction and micro tears in either the penis or ass, that can increase the risk of infection.  If you are HIV-, staying HIV- has also been proven to help, even when compared to HIV+ undetectable persons. Hep C is treatable but many insurance companies won’t treat it for a while to see if your body clears it first. Also if you get reinfected many won’t treat it a second time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1