PrEP four days a week?

concerned1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

Here is the stats from King County from Seattle about resistant strain. It's low, but my worry is that, just like the 1980s, the resistant strain will spread fast

Your post was missing a link. Did you mean to reference this page

• Moderators
11 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

Here is the stats from King County from Seattle about resistant strain. It's low, but my worry is that, just like the 1980s, the resistant strain will spread fast

Thanks for adding the link to the article! I think that the page I found is a report on the original data that the scientists mentioned in the article were analyzing. Re. your worry about it spreading fast, the article does have a paragraph about that down near the end:

The researchers also wanted to determine how many people in King County had contracted a strain of HIV that was already resistant to both drugs in Truvada, as opposed to having developed such drug resistance over time while receiving ARV treatment. Drug-resistant virus tends to be less “fit” and less transmissible. So while there may be a certain amount of drug-resistant virus within a population of people with HIV, whether such virus is actually likely to transmit to others is another matter.

Per the article, of almost 2,000 new cases of HIV in King County (2008-2017), only 3 were of strains resistant to Truvada.

7 minutes ago, vnaught8x6 said:

Thanks for adding the link to the article! I think that the page I found is a report on the original data that the scientists mentioned in the article were analyzing. Re. your worry about it spreading fast, the article does have a paragraph about that down near the end:

Per the article, of almost 2,000 new cases of HIV in King County (2008-2017), only 3 were of strains resistant to Truvada.

3 will become 30 and 30 will become 300...It will be fast...

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

...The medical community is not reporting many PREP failure cases because it will cause panic and possibly revolt among gay/HIV community. 

Yet you expect us to take your word on this with no evidence. 

• Upvote 2

PrEP taken daily approaches 100% reduction in HIV transmission. If you miss a dose, it's probably fine. For trans men, frontal sex requires daily dosing as the genital tissue doesn't absorb as well as the rectum.

Just remember that PrEP is better than nothing or condoms at HIV prevention.

Also, I can assure you that there are very few PrEP failures.

Also, we do know long term side effects, there can be kidney, liver or bone mineral density problems. But these should be monitored by your prescriber.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

There are about two dozen people I know got pozzed on daily pill of PrEP. It's just the medical community is not acknowledging because just like the 1980s, they don't really care or worried about homosexual revolt.

This is BULLS*IT....