Lost Last Load draft?

I have been working on a Last Load draft post that I'd just about finished over many days. Suddenly the draft is gone and I can't get back to it. It was real work to write and I'm pretty down thinking it's gone forever. Is there any way I could find the post or recover the text?

• Administrators

AFAIK, the server doesn't save "drafts" (the only button is "Submit Topic", there's no "Save Draft" button). So there's nothing that can be done. We only have what's been saved on the server, which is submitted posts.

I suspect what was happening was your browser was saving the data locally. But that's out of our control.

Clearly, in the future it's best to draft in a text editor (locally on your computer, or something like Google Docs).

Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear.

7 hours ago, rawTOP said:

AFAIK, the server doesn't save "drafts" (the only button is "Submit Topic", there's no "Save Draft" button). So there's nothing that can be done. We only have what's been saved on the server, which is submitted posts.

I suspect what was happening was your browser was saving the data locally. But that's out of our control.

Clearly, in the future it's best to draft in a text editor (locally on your computer, or something like Google Docs).

Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear.

Thanks, lesson learned. The side effect being I'm not going to invest the same level of effort in my writing again.

• Moderators

I had the same thing happen, though it was all at one session, so I didn't think it was saving anything. After that I started using a text editor to do all my longer drafts. You can get OpenOffice for free.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.