Fire Island info

Now that’s it’s summer in NYC, I have the opportunity to venture out and explore, including Fire Island.

The info on here seems pretty dated.

Any recommendations on best/most fun way to get there from NYC?

Best times to visit?

Best spots to go for some BB play?

I wouldn’t mind taking a weekday or two to just explore at the start. (If a daytrip is even possible)

Any tops out there or headed that way feel free to drop me a line. 

• 2 weeks later...

Take the Long Island Railroad to Sayville. There are shuttles waiting to take you to the ferry. The Pines is a very private place with most people renting rooms in private houses. There are a couple of restaurants and bars. You can hangout on the beach or explore the Meatrack for some cruising action. However, it’s very much a weekend getaway for affluent New Yorkers. Some people stay during the week, but the numbers are much lower. I recommend going on a Saturday. Cell service can be spotty, especially on the beach, but you can usually find guys on Grindr and BBRT looking to play. Keep in mind that it’s really an extension of Manhattan, i.e., Chelsea with sand, and the guys tend to be super picky. In any case, the landscape is beautiful and worth a visit. Have fun. 

• Upvote 2