Florida HIV rates rising

Is the USA experiencing a rise in AIDS infections.... In Europe I suspect that the governments are covering up the rise in Infection not wishing to admit that it is out of control in the cities. Many guys are making a good business in their poz delivery service. In London some charge £60 for a visit.

Edited by realjacklad1972
More information

• Moderators

It would be more accurate to say that rates everywhere else are falling. If CDC statistics are to be believed (which I think they are), diagnosis rates in Florida are pretty much flat for the last five years at 26 per 100,000. Miami and Orlando rates are roughly twice that. I didn't look at change in rates over time for the counties individually, though I would expect they vary more than for the state as a whole simply because the numbers are rather small.

4 hours ago, leatherpunk16 said:

I have a friend who lives in the Lauderdale area. He says that he's the only one of his gay friends who ISN'T poz.

All my dozens of mates and fuck buddies in London area have got pozzed over the years. I hardly know of any one who is still neg. Thank fuck for that!  I find that sex with poz guys is usually more fun and varied than ever with neg ones.

Edited by realjacklad1972
Additional information

16 minutes ago, BBFloridaguy said:

The Health Department here is always complaining that the HIV rate is rising. Guess our poz team is growing in Florida and its part of all of us Poz BB fucking here.

Must be the same trend in London. Official figures don't pick up the test results in the private sector in the UK... 

18 hours ago, leatherpunk16 said:

I have a friend who lives in the Lauderdale area. He says that he's the only one of his gay friends who ISN'T poz.

You think he might be under some peer pressure to get pozzed up...lol

239 here, dont know what rates are like here but I imagine they're like the rest of the state, even though our BB and sex scene seems pretty weak for Florida. I still dont know if I'm poz or not but I'm sure by now I am lol

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CuriousDallas

A bud who just started SMU summer semester is from Atlanta and was on a program that gave Prep to High School students and he said the funding for it got cut by the Feds with this fiscal year so he got kicked off the program his senior year. He knew a few other guys who got free Prep too and some of them got pozzed when they went off. He got so used to taking loads bare and hates having to go back to worrying about taking seed again. 

36 minutes ago, CuriousDallas said:

A bud who just started SMU summer semester is from Atlanta and was on a program that gave Prep to High School students and he said the funding for it got cut by the Feds with this fiscal year so he got kicked off the program his senior year. He knew a few other guys who got free Prep too and some of them got pozzed when they went off. He got so used to taking loads bare and hates having to go back to worrying about taking seed again. 

I’d like to hear more facts about this without involving unrelated political bias. Perhaps this calls for a whole new thread. 

Trump supposedly negotiated a deal with Gilead to provide Travuda to 200,000 people in May, with the Feds distributing it. No word on the other half of the “negotiations”, and obviously 200,000 is a drop in the bucket.  At $1800 a month until their patent runs out I’m sure money is part of the issue. Also giving PrEP to high school kids is bound to have opposition from moralists. 

Gilead was very helpful to me personally in covering a  copay due to work insurance reclassifying Atripla as “25% copay Schedule V drug”. 

• Like 2

Doctors that subsidize by the government(county, state, or federal) in one way or another are refusing to prescribe when asked about PrEP. I found out myself a few years ago and was just told to practice safe sex despite catching syphilis before. My doctor is provided by the local hospital district in my area. I normally top to reduce risk of hiv. Recently a vers/bottom who is poz-no meds asked for the third time, if I was interested in him pozzing me.