Ironic ads on BBRT

AirmaxUK

11 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

Yes! ...or "profiles without face pic ignored" from one without any pics...

Also what's with guys in their 20's who have "Only interested in guys my own age" on their profile and then message me (in my 40's)...? 

Even worse is the guys who say "Only interested in younger..." and then don't ever say what their own age is, and post no pictures that might give a hint. We're not mind-readers, dimwits.

9 hours ago, piglooking4pigs said:

So much of it is funny and ironic.  One of my favs has to the guys who describe themselves as "no limits" to only start listing qualifiers, like below a certain age, or body type, that are all effectively limits.  Others have mentioned one of my other favorites, which is the tops whose main photo is a shot of their ass or bottoms whose main photo is a shot of their cock.  I love anon and have been doing it for years, so when I read someone doing anon asking to see body shots or face pics, I laugh.  The whole draw of anon for tops is the complete lack of exchange of any photos.

I agree on the "no limits" people who then post a series of limiting attributes, though I kinda get what they mean (if you meet the threshold requirements, you can DO whatever you want).

But I would disagree (pleasantly, I hope) on the meaning of the word "anonymous". Strictly speaking, anonymous means "not identified by name". It's not the same, exactly, as "unable to identify".  After all, meeting some hot guy in a bathhouse and having sex without ever exchanging any identifying information could certainly be called "anonymous".

And anonymous absolutely doesn't mean "I'll let anyone fuck me". It's possible to want anonymous (non-identified) sex while limiting it to people one finds appealing.

That's not to say your approach - wanting appearance to be a complete surprise - is wrong in any way. It's just not inherent in the word "anonymous". And I will add this: Back in the day, I had a reasonable amount of sex (and offers of sex) from people who didn't want to share a photo ahead of time. But I had ZERO qualms about declining them when they showed up if they didn't match their self-description. Including one who actually flew in 500 miles thinking once he was there, I wouldn't turn him away even though he'd gained 200 lbs and shrunk 6 inches in height since our last conversation. 

Then there are the profiles that are full of "ask me" .. if your going on a site that is a fuck site, claim that U are a top and then have "ask me" whether you give loads...or have a profile without pictures full of "ask me" in every part.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leather69 said:

Then there are the profiles that are full of "ask me" .. if your going on a site that is a fuck site, claim that U are a top and then have "ask me" whether you give loads...or have a profile without pictures full of "ask me" in every part.

Yeah - I give new guys (who may not have figured out how to post everything yet) a bit of slack, but if you're still saying "ask me" about every answer, it tells me your answers vary depending on what you think the other person wants to hear. Or that your answers, if honest, are the one(s) that would turn off the most people and you're hoping it won't come to that.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:34 PM, RawCunt said:

I've seen some asking the same, then stating "must be neg"...... Good luck on that.

Lmao yeah this one is dumb. Good luck finding a neg status on BBRTS. Most guys on there are either Poz, undetectable, or don't know yet lol. If you're taking raw loads, you should assume everyone has it

6 hours ago, scott0882 said:

Definitely agree on profiles that are full of ask me. I have come across one guy’s who is a little larger frame, but place not into large frame guys. 

You mean all those chubby tops who are only into topping skinny twink bottoms?

I also hate all the “ask me” answers on BBRT and other sites and tend to ignore those who have them in their profiles. The biggest offense to me on a bareback site is when I see “negative only.”  WTF? I’m fine with neg guys who don’t want to poz — I advocate for that myself — but “negative only” shows complete ignorance about U=U. If you want to bareback and stay negative your “safest” play is to fuck with an undetectable guy on meds!

12 hours ago, Barebackbottomm said:

Lmao yeah this one is dumb. Good luck finding a neg status on BBRTS. Most guys on there are either Poz, undetectable, or don't know yet lol. If you're taking raw loads, you should assume everyone has it

Not necessarily. With the advent of PrEP, there are an increasing number of guys who will frequent a BB site like BBRT, so they're not all Poz, undetectable, or unknown.

Of course, it's always a crap shoot to some extent, given how many people lie about the least little thing. But a guy could lie about being Poz (to lure in guys who want to be converted) just a guy could lie about being UD, or on PrEP.

3 hours ago, ballerva said:

I also hate all the “ask me” answers on BBRT and other sites and tend to ignore those who have them in their profiles. The biggest offense to me on a bareback site is when I see “negative only.”  WTF? I’m fine with neg guys who don’t want to poz — I advocate for that myself — but “negative only” shows complete ignorance about U=U. If you want to bareback and stay negative your “safest” play is to fuck with an undetectable guy on meds!

Again - it's true that U=U, but who's to say that a person claiming to be UD is actually UD and taking his meds the way he's supposed to?

A person can lie about being negative, about being positive, about being undetectable, about being on meds, about being on PrEP - and I'm not going to suggest lying is any more or less common among any one of those groups. But to correct your point: if you want to bareback and stay negative, your safest play is to get on PrEP yourself and stay on it religiously. That's significantly safer than relying on someone else to tell you the truth about being undetectable.

On 7/28/2020 at 5:57 PM, BootmanLA said:

Yeah - I give new guys (who may not have figured out how to post everything yet) a bit of slack, but if you're still saying "ask me" about every answer, it tells me your answers vary depending on what you think the other person wants to hear. Or that your answers, if honest, are the one(s) that would turn off the most people and you're hoping it won't come to that.

I offer a couple of other possibilities — The guy might want to know if X has a profile on the site; he has no interest in hooking up so he doesn’t deal with the profile. The other possibility is that he was drunk, stoned, tweaked, whatever when he created the profile (or someone dared him to do it), but had no interest in hooking up (and still doesn’t). And these two possibilities aren’t mutually exclusive.

4 minutes ago, ejaculaTe said:

I offer a couple of other possibilities — The guy might want to know if X has a profile on the site; he has no interest in hooking up so he doesn’t deal with the profile. The other possibility is that he was drunk, stoned, tweaked, whatever when he created the profile (or someone dared him to do it), but had no interest in hooking up (and still doesn’t). And these two possibilities aren’t mutually exclusive.

Agreed as to both possibilities. Both represent people I have no interest in interacting with, whatsoever.

16 hours ago, FFslutboi said:

You mean all those chubby tops who are only into topping skinny twink bottoms?

No, I mean a bottom that is on the husky/chubby side who are only into skinny to average build tops.