Pride month or month of spreading diseases????

Pride is celebrated every year as a protest against the Stonewall Inn incident. The intent is to stop spread of hatred. However over years, infections spike around the Pride parade. 

Is this responsible? I am aware of "its freedom" and " it's my body" etc. arguments. I am interested in knowing more socially responsible comments. There is definitely a disconnect between the intent behind Pride and using the occasion to be socially irresponsible.

Why can't we use this occasion to solemnly remember those who were the victims of hate crimes and 1980s AIDS epidemic in the community and reassure ourselves of how we have evolved over time? 

It may sound philosophical but in my opinion it's better than a can of crisco. Your thoughts please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am flattered that my priorities of seeking out interesting guys and ignoring all diseases seem to be gaining in popularity, and the yuppie clone gays who selectively hunt only the finest disease free examples are now subject to scorn and ridicule by more and more people. 

I would like to encourage people on here to look for quality rather than quantity. Obviously cute is one factor, but also one very interesting but not so attractive or smart guy is more desirable than sheer numbers of anon loads in a darkroom. 

I am in awe of those who have sex only to collect STD’s but they are a subgroup. They definitely qualify as hot and interesting to me but I do not pretend to be one of them. 

I would of course parrot the good advice of Health Depts to young people about condoms, PrEP, monogamy, etc. but for those few that know the difference between existing and living, the old saying that “a ship is safe in the harbour but that is not what ships are for”  certainly applies. 

Edited by Pozlover1

8 hours ago, Cutedelicategay said:

and reassure ourselves of how we have evolved over time

My dear fellow, whatever gave you that notion?

It’s to your credit that you believe the homosexual Homo sapien capable of responsibly containing his sexual urges on a regular basis.

But... no.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ErosWired said:

My dear fellow, whatever gave you that notion?

It’s to your credit that you believe the homosexual Homo sapien capable of responsibly containing his sexual urges on a regular basis.

But... no.

Evolution is not only not real, the minor physical  adaptations due to natural selection have been destroyed by our advances in life saving medicines. The dumber they are the more apt they are to have children, so if anything, we are evolving backwards. 

Mentally it’s a mixed bag. I doubt if today’s youth would fall for a bullshit war like World War One, but a typical 6th grader back then at least could add and read and probably knew who Nero and  Joan of Arc were. 

The Nazis were no different from people today, and the ones herding people into boxcars then are today the assistant manager trainee who takes seriously his noble goal of making  a profit for Jimmy Johns stockholders by making those unfortunate enough to work there stay in panic mode. 

The “green sustainability” being sold by our ruling elite is identical to the officials in Soviet Russia who told the citizens it was their duty to work 12 hours a day, share an apartment with two other families and ride a streetcar to shop for  vegetarian groceries.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, Cutedelicategay said:

Pride is celebrated every year as a protest against the Stonewall Inn incident. The intent is to stop spread of hatred. However over years, infections spike around the Pride parade. 

Is this responsible? I am aware of "its freedom" and " it's my body" etc. arguments. I am interested in knowing more socially responsible comments. There is definitely a disconnect between the intent behind Pride and using the occasion to be socially irresponsible.

Why can't we use this occasion to solemnly remember those who were the victims of hate crimes and 1980s AIDS epidemic in the community and reassure ourselves of how we have evolved over time? 

It may sound philosophical but in my opinion it's better than a can of crisco. Your thoughts please.

That's what December 1st is for. Also, AIDS was unknown in 1970, when the first Pride march was held. 

Your request for "socially responsible comments" is homophobic. I suggest you learn about the consequences of sexual repression and the sexual revolution more broadly.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, Cutedelicategay said:

However over years, infections spike around the Pride parade. 

Please cite the source of that data--the origin of the data, not anecdotal rumors--and the specific instance of it (not just 'this or that agency said').

I am unaware of any such.

Edited by TattPig
  • Upvote 1

Gay men have no more obligation to take every single possible precaution against STDs than hetero females (and males) do to prevent pregnancy. They don't always do it. They should. We should. But we're not scum if we don't use condoms, because heteros can create new human lives which they very often ruin if they fail to take the precautions that we are slut-scum for not taking.

And I'd like data, too. It wouldn't be shocking if new STD infections do go up around Pride. But, to begin, how do we know that Pride is responsible, and not just the summer? It could be people doing outdoor things that have no connection to Pride. And one more thing. Science is horrifically flawed. Studies are very often profitable lies that tell the funding sources what they wanted to hear. Don't even ask how I know.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, backtails said:

Science is horrifically flawed. Studies are very often profitable lies that tell the funding sources what they wanted to hear. Don't even ask how I know.

No. Science itself is not flawed. Responsible, ethical scientists - true scientists - do not produce the kinds of pay-for-proof “studies” that you’re referring to. Those are created by persons who have abandoned the Scientific Method, and indeed any method of truth-seeking, and become propagandists for sale to the highest bidder. They use the name of Science, but none of its substance.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

People make bad decisions all the time regarding their sexual health. Some decisions or outcomes, like HIV infection and Herpes, are permanent. When it comes to sex, especially in the under 30 crowd, consequences aren’t considered in the way an older person might weigh options and make decisions.  (Not that older people make perfect decisions all the time either.)