Chance of catching STD from fresh cum in condom

Anyone have any idea if one could catch any STD's from the cum in a freshly used condom.  Like, 5-10 minutes fresh - not hours.  Or are the bacteria/virus's that sensitive to light/air

Virus only lives inside a body and starts to die immediately outside of it.  Many die within 2 to 3 minutes.  By 5 it is likely that a virus would be less than 25% potent and by 10 minutes most would be down to about 1%.  Times do vary widely depending on the virus.  HIV has been shown to be actually very wimpy outside the body with 90%+ dead after 3 minures even.  These are the last time I looked them up.  To find out check out the CDC for their most up to date info or check with a knowledgeable doctor who knows about virus.

• Upvote 3

• Moderators

There doesn't seem to be a lot of exact or clear information out there on the internet, but it is definitely possible. I'm guessing there isn't a lot of really good research data on it... most people probably aren't about to volunteer to test it on purpose, and even with surveys of people who were infected accidentally, the information isn't going to be that accurate because people lie about sex all the time.

Bottom line is it depends (significantly) on which STD, the exact conditions of exposure, and what part of your body the cum contacts. HIV is pretty fragile and is not very infectious unless it penetrates the skin (through some kind of break). Syphilis is somewhat less fragile and can make its way through unbroken skin. Hepatitis A and B are definitely infectious through indirectly-transferred fluids (which is why Hep A can be transmitted by contaminated food, which HIV certainly cannot). 

I'm more concerned about Gonorrhea / chlamydia - jerked off with a tricks used condom after he fucked me and now I'm feeling some tingling on the tip of my penis 48 hours after possible exposure.

• 3 weeks later...

48 hours after exposure? Then it's probably not it. That particular bug needs time to incubate. When I first got it, I swallowed fresh cum on December 12th. By the 17th, I had my first discharge and all that unpleasantness. The second round of the bug sat latent for over two months before making itself known. 48 hours isn't enough time for it to work its magic, although there MAY be exceptions. Wait a week, see what happens. If you find your underwear crusty in the morning, or if you get this intolerable itching of your dick, THEN you should be alarmed and get treatment. If those things don't happen, then it's unlikely but not impossible. Remember! Latency is a thing, and it can sit dormant for up to three months.

Just go get tested after a week even if nothing happens.