What do you guys do for a living if you don't mind?

Guest letmein1

Performer and member of Actor's Equity Union for 33 years (obviously not much of that happening during the pandemic), licensed residential Realtor specializing in Historic Homes, Co-ops and Condos. (During the housing crash of 2005-2010 I also was a property manager for Co-op buildings in Manhattan and Riverdale)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, RachelRage said:

I had a normal day job in construction.  21 years in my trade as a commercial industrial painter.  Last 7 with 2 different contractors for the city of Toronto.  i presented as male for that but got found out as being trans any way.  My ex outed me.  Things got bad and as my Christmas bonus last year was laid off after 4 years with this company.  I made the mistake of telling my Union rep I'm trans and its safe to say that I'm blacklisted now.  I've been able to get him on the phone once all year.  Since I don't want to get banned again I'll just say I'm an adult companion now.  Irony is as much as I hated my day job I was really good at it.  The pay and benefits didn't suck either

Jeez, the way you've been treated is so friggin' WRONG. Funny, we NYers tend to think of Canada and Canadians (especially in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Q.C.) as being liberal minded and very accepting. Never thought I'd hear a story like this coming out of Toronto. My sympathies. I fought so hard back in the AIDS crisis for respect, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and help, along with the fears and realities of discrimination for being POZ from 1985 on, and finally in the second decade of this century things have started to change. But your story reminds me - the fight goes on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2020 at 10:25 AM, versmetropig said:

Jeez, the way you've been treated is so friggin' WRONG. Funny, we NYers tend to think of Canada and Canadians (especially in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Q.C.) as being liberal minded and very accepting. Never thought I'd hear a story like this coming out of Toronto. My sympathies. I fought so hard back in the AIDS crisis for respect, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and help, along with the fears and realities of discrimination for being POZ from 1985 on, and finally in the second decade of this century things have started to change. But your story reminds me - the fight goes on.

It's actually the second time I've lost a long term job for being found out as trans.  Transphobia and other forms of bigotry are rampant in Toronto.  I've been bashed 7 times this year

Private music teacher/ vocalist. Hoping to chase my dream of music Therapy as soon as Corona lifts.

Hit a dead end when depression hit as plan after plan crashed due to Covid but reading about the diverse careers on here has me rearing to keep chasing  after whatever fascinates me. 

Edited by Yultidelog2009

On 11/11/2020 at 4:15 PM, RachelRage said:

It's actually the second time I've lost a long term job for being found out as trans.  Transphobia and other forms of bigotry are rampant in Toronto.  I've been bashed 7 times this year

Again, I am so sorry to hear this. The trans segment of the LGBTQ+ movement seems to be taking the brunt of the physical violence of late, and counter-intuitively the frequency seems to be on the increase, not the other way around. Logically, as a bigger and bigger percentage of society as a whole becomes more accepting (and as a 58 year old gay man, trust me, the general public is MUCH more accepting) you would assume violence against our community would decrease and that apparently ISN'T true... the violence hasn't gotten as bad as it was in the 60s and 70s where LGBTQ+ were beaten and even killed far too frequently, but it is quickly and tragically catching up - and again, much seems focused on the Trans members of our community. I wonder just what so inflames hetero cis males (the bulk of the perpetrators of said violence) so much? What difference does it make to them? Anyway, again, my sympathies on your past experiences, and know I'm in the fight with you.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:39 AM, jaybo1022 said:

The career I claim and am most proud of is the one I held for 11 years as a 911/Public Safety Communications Officer/Training Supervisor.

Also been a flight attendant, assistant manager at Burger King, funeral director/embalmer (lived in the funeral home for 2 years while doing this...try getting tricks to come visit there, and YES I have a couple funny/interesting stories about that if anyone is interested...not necrophilia or anything like that).

I'm currently self-employed in childcare with an enrollment of 4 kids aged 1-6.

I used to date an undertaker. He was one of the sexiest guys I ever hooked up with. Blond. Blue eyes. Fucked like a soldier on leave.