Finding local members

On 7/21/2019 at 3:01 PM, barenekkid said:

Is there a way to search for members by location? I know there’s the cumdump map but since I am a cumdump myself it’s not much use to me. I need to find more tops. 

I totally agree with that it's hard to find what you're looking for, especially in the UK. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Imgameu41 said:

Where’s the map?

Go up to the menu bar at the top of the page. A couple of spots to the right of chat is a dropdown arrow labeled "Other." You can find the Cumdump Map" there. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/29/2019 at 12:30 PM, drscorpio said:

Go up to the menu bar at the top of the page. A couple of spots to the right of chat is a dropdown arrow labeled "Other." You can find the Cumdump Map" there. 

@ DrScorpio - has this now been removed?

It looks like the cumdump map has been removed. 

Oh well, I guess it's back to the stroll for us.

But seriously, location should be a prominent part of the profile.  I know realtors like to say, "Location, location, location," but it's even more important for a cumdump

• Upvote 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Daddyph said:

I was wondering if there is a way to search all members who are local to me ? Thanks !

That's not possible because the profile location field is just text, not an actual GIS pin. You can search on the text, though.

34 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

That's not possible because the profile location field is just text, not an actual GIS pin. You can search on the text, though.

Searching by location doesn't work really well. Location has been a big complaint of mine here. It isn't required, and most people do not put any type of location. Even if they do, if they spell it wrong it doesn't show. I think the search of location really needs to be beefed up. And fyi---I'm not saying everybody has to put the GPS coordinates! Hell, even if just the STATE was required it would be somewhat helpful.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

Yes, Member Map was disabled. It needed a software upgrade, and when I did the upgrade on some other 3rd party software (that provides the ability to have your account deleted) that upgrade took down the site for a while. My impression was that not that many people were using Member Map and it never really did what it was supposed to do all that effectively, so I just disabled it. Only a few of you noticed that it was missing.

My suggestion is to use the regional hookup forums to find guys in your area. That's why they exist.

That said, early next year I'll have basic profiles working on my new sites, and that will include neighborhood-level geotagging. The sites are niche based so…

[Do not try to register for those sites, it's not ready, and your profile name here is already reserved for you on those sites.]

Eventually those sites will be full-on hookup sites, but it will start with just simple stuff – geotagged profiles with a few pics. Then messaging (which will replace the chat system here). Then better hookup features. And finally (in the distant future), all the forum posts and blogs here will be migrated to those sites.

So hang tight and you'll get something much better than the old Member Map in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.