J-Lube: Discussion, Tips, Tricks, & Stories?

RawCumboy1723

I saw a few posts here asking for recommendations on which lube is best, but not really a thread specifically to discuss J-Lube, so thought I'd make one. If this exists somewhere else, let me know. 

Just started using J-lube, and looking for some discussion, tips, tricks. Obviously it's good in large quantities for assplay, but wondering if anyone has any recommendations on using the stuff in a more broader context? The stuff is so versatile and has lots of stuff scattered around with different viewpoints, so let's consolidate.

For example:

Recommended recipes? Thick or thin? Any additives? Anything to help keep it from drying out while using?

Mixing techniques? Microwave? Blender? Hot/Cold water? Patience?

Shelf life? Preservation tips? Storage & dispensing containers?

Ways to reduce stringiness?

Use for toys? Masturbation? 

and of course, clean-up methods? From clothing, towels, spills on the floor/carpet? 

Paper towels? Rags? 

Share your funny stories? Anecdotes? 

Mixed my first batch the other day in a mason jar with the microwave method. Originally with the 5/1 ratio, which I found too thick. Not used to holding a mason jar of lube and inadvertently held it a bit sideways spilling all over the carpet. Used a rag to clean up as much as I can as quickly as I could, but alas, couldn't get it all. The rag was totally soaked and felt like rubber. Ended up just throwing it away, not sure I'd ever get that amount out, no big, lesson learned.

Love how slick it is and can use it with the toys. Dries out super fast, but a little spit re-wets it, perfect for long edging sessions. It is suuuuuper stringy though, which makes it a bit hard to work with. 

• Like 1

For cleaning up Dawn disk washing soap to get off your skin and toys. 

Paper towels for cleaning  

mix with Crisco. 

You will never get rid of the stringness. 

For the floor go to a 99 cent store and get shower curtains. 

I use a cake mixing bowl blender with warm water and pour in until it’s the thickness I want. 

Shelf life when we are finished it all gets thrown away as it does not keep. 

You can get round ice mold and make J-Lube balls and the same with Crisco