"Oppression" Thread

drscorpio

• Moderators

The thread about Oppression of LGBTQ+ People had devolved into a dumpster fire of personal attacks. It was mostly because of two particular posters who have been given nice long vacations from the site.

Several other people were trying to have a civilized discussion. Feel free to continue talking about things here. Trolling and personal attacks will not be tolerated. 

Trump Derangement Syndrome is alive & well in the  "gay community."

Oh, wait a minute, there really is no such thing as a "gay community."  The "gay community" is a ploy by the Left, a crowd-control device, to keep "us" thinking & acting like sheep.

It was a Democrat president (Roosevelt) who put 100,000 Japanese-Americans in internment camps during WWII.

It was a Democrat president (Johnson) who put 500,000+ Black-Americans in "urban plantations," also known as Public Housing Projects.

It was a Democrat president (Clinton) who signed disastrous trade agreements with other counties, causing 4,000,000 Americans to lose their jobs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 9:26 PM, dirtyarizona said:

Oh, wait a minute, there really is no such thing as a "gay community."  The "gay community" is a ploy by the Left, a crowd-control device, to keep "us" thinking & acting like sheep.

It was a Democrat president (Roosevelt) who put 100,000 Japanese-Americans in internment camps during WWII.

It was a Democrat president (Johnson) who put 500,000+ Black-Americans in "urban plantations," also known as Public Housing Projects.

It was a Democrat president (Clinton) who signed disastrous trade agreements with other counties, causing 4,000,000 Americans to lose their jobs.

Unpopular opinion here no matter what the evidence is as to your truth ...

And it was a democrat, Obama, who created the cages that immigrants were put in but nobody wants to hear the truth!

On 9/2/2019 at 1:27 AM, lovetobefucked said:

Unpopular opinion here no matter what the evidence is as to your truth ...

And it was a democrat, Obama, who created the cages that immigrants were put in but nobody wants to hear the truth!

But why do many LGBTs vote blue ? I mean it's not the opposite. Are you calling most of LGBTs dumb ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 10:26 PM, dirtyarizona said:

You can make the argument that there is no such thing as "a 'gay community'" in the sense that Gays  are a dispersed non-homogeneous population. It cracks me up when people speak of an LGBTQQIA2SOP-WTF? "community." There is an LGBTQ+ political coalition but coalitions are not community. Having said that, I think it is an overstatement to assert or imply that the Gay population is completely devoid of community. There is no one singular Gay community. Comparatively, there is no such thing as a singular "straight community" either. Rather, the world is populated by a countless number of heterosexual communities. Similarly, though there may not be a "gay community" so to speak, there are several Gay communities. A tribe of leather, for example, constitutes a Gay community. So does a radical faerie sanctuary. Arguably, so did the Sacred Band of Thebes, Knights Templar, and all-male factions of buccaneer pirates, to name a few. The men of these communities are/were largely self-driven and self-defined. I don't see them as being or having been created by a political ploy, leftist or otherwise. 

As for the leftists-suck-pussy thing, I'll go with it; though not all leftists are Democrats and visa-versa. Also, I hardly see centrists like Roosevelt, Johnson, and Clinton as leftists, but that's beside the point. I concur with the leftists-suck-pussy portion of your argument. What I do not agree with is the corollary, which erroneously implies that because leftists-suck-pussy, the right is consists of good-hearty-wholesome-cocksuckers. All sums considered, the rabid-right and lunatic-left run a pretty close race with regards to anti-gay oppression. They run a fairly close race with regards to capacity for exasperating human misery and suffering in several other arenas as well. 

I  think that we (Gay men) would be better off positioning ourselves outside the framework of the left-right polarity altogether. I would like to see us assert ourselves as independent political agents, in servitude neither to the lunatic-left nor rabid-right.