where to go when visiting

onlyraw

I am going to be visiting Chicago in early September for a conference and wondering what are the best places to go for hot raw sex?

What is steamworks like? (considering that I am early 60's)

Any ABS's that are hot?

Any cruise bars?

Other places you locals recommend?

thanks

Steamworks is nice and clean, but parking is kind of a bitch. Their garage has no attendant to pay for parking, so be sure your card is in good condition or you might find yourself trapped. As for the bathhouse itself, they have three floors and a lot of space. It depends on what night you go, but it's not consistent in attendance. If you check it out, bring cash to pay for whatever, and take your chances. If you make yourself available, the guys will usually play with you.

RAM Bookstore is probably your best option for an ABS. Also cash-only, and no available parking. Sometimes they have events so check the calendar on their website before going. They have a bag check, I think, but no private lockers like Steamworks. Also check out the fetish shop next door to them if you're into gear.

Cruise bars are not something I know much about. Depends on your interests. The SoFo Tap is good, and so is Jackhammer. Touche is hit or miss - they often have events and when the people come, they go to the event in the back room. Sometimes you can have the front area all to yourself because of this. Sidetrack, to my mind, is not really a cruisy place. You go there with friends for drinks and their video bar. Roscoe's is for dancing. Kit Kat Lounge is for drag shows and related entertainment. As I said, it really depends on your interests, and I don't go often enough to give much advice on this.

When you need a sunrise nom after a night of fucking, give Golden Nugget a try. Inexpensive diner with good food.

Hi Leatherpunk16 - thank you so much - very helpful- (but then again you are in Chicago and I have lived in Boston long enough that I needed to be reminded that Midwesterners are by nature friendly) (lets just hope there are lots of Midwesterners at steamworks if I get there :).  )

- oh and here is hoping that at least one night I have enough adventures that I am looking for a nom at sunrise