MAL 2020

Try this link. I called the hotel and got the group name. Today is the  end of the 72 hour cancellation window so there will likely be some cancellations that will show up. I  just got a room using this link. It's a sucky two double bed but...take what you can get!

[think before following links] https://www.hyatt.com/search/Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill?newAutocomplete=true&checkinDate=2020-01-16&checkoutDate=2020-01-20&rooms=1&adults=2&kids=0&corp_id=G-MA20

On 1/13/2020 at 1:36 PM, DaddyMac said:

Try this link. I called the hotel and got the group name. Today is the  end of the 72 hour cancellation window so there will likely be some cancellations that will show up. I  just got a room using this link. It's a sucky two double bed but...take what you can get!

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.hyatt.com/search/Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill?newAutocomplete=true&checkinDate=2020-01-16&checkoutDate=2020-01-20&rooms=1&adults=2&kids=0&corp_id=G-MA20

Thank you this actually worked for me this morning and was able to get my room. Happy fucking :)

44 minutes ago, SIReast said:

reservation now open, started at noon, Jan, 20, 2020

The reservation system is not working or it is sold out already (1:06 pm Monday, 20 Jan 2020) .

So, by not working this also includes ridiculous situations where one tries to submit a reservation but that reservation isn't available because you can't have a reservation more than one year out from an event (in which case the rooms don't really become available for two more days).

https://assets.s3xstatic.com/bz/uploads/monthly_2020_01/MAL_2021_sold_out.thumb.jpg.ce2cf5371ab47b25d805187c0fae83b3.jpg

MAL_2021_sold_out.jpg

Edited by fuckholedc

11 minutes ago, SIReast said:

re-try again, I was able to book mine successfully at 12:07pm

or give the hotel a call directly, quote the code for special rate.

The MAL website has already posted that they are already sold out.  So while you can attend MAL 2021 there is no way to cruise the Hyatt cumdumps in the hotel is there?

MAL_2021_sold_out2.jpg

not quite sure since I missed 2020, opted to go to CLAW instead, since I'm meeting friends of mine there.

saw a picture of wrist bands... need it to go to the floors? 

attendees of 2020... is there a restriction/s?

Edited by SIReast

here's what I found...

"All guests entering the Hyatt Regency will be asked for a photo ID. Those 21 and over will receive a wrist band signifying that they are aged 21 or over and can purchase alcohol at one of the many bars in the hotel."

in addition....

"Wristbands provided to all registered guests will be required throughout the event; In Addition a separate band for those 21 and up will be required to purchase any alcohol."

8 hours ago, SIReast said:

here's what I found...

"All guests entering the Hyatt Regency will be asked for a photo ID. Those 21 and over will receive a wrist band signifying that they are aged 21 or over and can purchase alcohol at one of the many bars in the hotel."

in addition....

"Wristbands provided to all registered guests will be required throughout the event; In Addition a separate band for those 21 and up will be required to purchase any alcohol."

That's for MAL events essentially in or near the lobby.  They also had an orange wristband for people involved in the convention booth setup.  

But you needed a purple wristband to access any other hotel floors and to get a purple wristband you had to have booked a room (or stay with a person who booked a room).  Without that purple wristband you cannot access the room floors and thus cannot cruise the floors for ass.  People who landed at overflow hotels apparently were not able to get purple wristbands and the >= 21 wristband apparently did not permit access to the floors (I have to hedge this a bit because this is what I was told by people engaged on the periphery of MAL events).

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2020 at 12:57 AM, fuckholedc said:

That's for MAL events essentially in or near the lobby.  They also had an orange wristband for people involved in the convention booth setup.  

But you needed a purple wristband to access any other hotel floors and to get a purple wristband you had to have booked a room (or stay with a person who booked a room).  Without that purple wristband you cannot access the room floors and thus cannot cruise the floors for ass.  People who landed at overflow hotels apparently were not able to get purple wristbands and the >= 21 wristband apparently did not permit access to the floors (I have to hedge this a bit because this is what I was told by people engaged on the periphery of MAL events).

To up the elevator you must have the Hyatt (purple) wristband or be with someone who has one. Each hotel guest can bring one person up with them at a time.