Guys in the US, anybody using Dynamix or Green Cross for PrEP?

wildbottom

Trying to figure out if either Dynamix or Green Cross (or both) are reliably delivering to the US - I read some reviews that weren't so complimentary.

Truvada in the US is approx. $1100 monthly (I have good insurance but I make a lot of $$ so no free or massively discounted PrEP available to me)

Generic from Dynamix is approx. $25 monthly - 3-4wks for delivery (only requires my written script and passport info)

Generic from Green Cross is approx.  $60 monthly - 2-3wks for delivery (only requires my written script and passport info) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildbottom said:

Trying to figure out if either Dynamix or Green Cross (or both) are reliably delivering to the US - I read some reviews that weren't so complimentary.

Truvada in the US is approx. $1100 monthly (I have good insurance but I make a lot of $$ so no free or massively discounted PrEP available to me)

Generic from Dynamix is approx. $25 monthly - 3-4wks for delivery (only requires my written script and passport info)

Generic from Green Cross is approx.  $60 monthly - 2-3wks for delivery (only requires my written script and passport info) 

Do you have a link for both sites? Googling both green cross and dynamix gives tons of results. 

Also even with high income you may want to talk to gileads copayment assistance team.  Even with high income, you essentially just need to say your expenses are also very high 

9 minutes ago, wood said:

Do you have a link for both sites? Googling both green cross and dynamix gives tons of results. 

Also even with high income you may want to talk to gileads copayment assistance team.  Even with high income, you essentially just need to say your expenses are also very high 

Here's dynamix:   https://www.purchase-prep.com/  and here's Green Cross:  https://www.greencrosspharmacy.online/

I looked at Gilead's copayment coupons but even with those I'd still be paying nearly 1/4 of the $1100 a month (I think their cutoff was $8500 a year)- making these two sites much more reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, wildbottom said:

Here's dynamix:   https://www.purchase-prep.com/  and here's Green Cross:  https://www.greencrosspharmacy.online/

I looked at Gilead's copayment coupons but even with those I'd still be paying nearly 1/4 of the $1100 a month (I think their cutoff was $8500 a year)- making these two sites much more reasonable. 

I’d do it. Now, you still MUST make sure you’re HIV- before starting, and get regular blood work. 

Because of global HIV outreach there are many genarics available outside the US, and in the US truvada will go generic in 2020. However if you are fucking raw now. I’d say a few months of genarics are a good idea. I haven’t used either company but I’ve ordered drugs from India before and never had a problem  

29 minutes ago, wood said:

I’d do it. Now, you still MUST make sure you’re HIV- before starting, and get regular blood work. 

Because of global HIV outreach there are many genarics available outside the US, and in the US truvada will go generic in 2020. However if you are fucking raw now. I’d say a few months of genarics are a good idea. I haven’t used either company but I’ve ordered drugs from India before and never had a problem  

Yeah, I've been getting tested every 3 months for over a year - had to deal with syph, (it's dropping fast) and Hep B (I take tenofovir and might have to for awhile, so instead of JUST that, I might as well switch to PrEP to get the tenofovir + peace of mind).  My doctor is cool, she's also going to fill a script for 100mg of Doxycycline (100mg before fun or 200mg after fun if it wasn't expected) to prevent syph, gono and chlam.  Both Green Cross and Dynamix get theor stuff directly from India and it's been tested, so should be OK.  I've read that the generic Truvada coming here next year might still be $500 a month :(  Also, the tenofovir I take (Ten DF) is the same as in PrEP - and is used to treat both Hep B and prevent HIV - but we've all heard of the new Tenofovir (to eliminate the kidney issues and bone density loss) that isn't out yet...hopefully it will be in a newer version of PrEP soon.  I'll give Dynamix a try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, wildbottom said:

Yeah, I've been getting tested every 3 months for over a year - had to deal with syph, (it's dropping fast) and Hep B (I take tenofovir and might have to for awhile, so instead of JUST that, I might as well switch to PrEP to get the tenofovir + peace of mind).  My doctor is cool, she's also going to fill a script for 100mg of Doxycycline (100mg before fun or 200mg after fun if it wasn't expected) to prevent syph, gono and chlam.  Both Green Cross and Dynamix get theor stuff directly from India and it's been tested, so should be OK.  I've read that the generic Truvada coming here next year might still be $500 a month :(  Also, the tenofovir I take (Ten DF) is the same as in PrEP - and is used to treat both Hep B and prevent HIV - but we've all heard of the new Tenofovir (to eliminate the kidney issues and bone density loss) that isn't out yet...hopefully it will be in a newer version of PrEP soon.  I'll give Dynamix a try.

Just for everyone's FYI - I ordered Tavin EM from Dynamix (USD$69 for 90 day supply) and the process was fine. Got my written script on 9/10, ordered on 9/13 (you need the written script and a scan of your passport), was shipped out on 9/17 (from Singapore, made in India like all the others including Truvada) and arrived today, 9/21. I'll wait until Oct 7th to start, that way I have about a month overlap (get the next written script then order, ship and arrive with overlap so I don't run out...).  

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 1:40 PM, wildbottom said:

Just for everyone's FYI - I ordered Tavin EM from Dynamix (USD$69 for 90 day supply) and the process was fine. Got my written script on 9/10, ordered on 9/13 (you need the written script and a scan of your passport), was shipped out on 9/17 (from Singapore, made in India like all the others including Truvada) and arrived today, 9/21. I'll wait until Oct 7th to start, that way I have about a month overlap (get the next written script then order, ship and arrive with overlap so I don't run out...).  

Oh, and to pay Dynamix, you either use bitcoin or you send a bank transfer (that's what I did).  I didn't experience any problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Gilead Advancing Access program does not even ask about income for the copay assistance program. I have a decent job and insurance that covers the vast majority, and they brought it down to zero easily. That said, I've also ordered generic online from Silom Pulse Clinic in Bangkok, mainly to give Gilead Sciences the middle finger. They even have real Truvada for 3900 THB (ca. 130 USD).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 8:09 PM, ShootingRaw said:

The Gilead Advancing Access program does not even ask about income for the copay assistance program. I have a decent job and insurance that covers the vast majority, and they brought it down to zero easily. That said, I've also ordered generic online from Silom Pulse Clinic in Bangkok, mainly to give Gilead Sciences the middle finger. They even have real Truvada for 3900 THB (ca. 130 USD).

Ahhh, great to know!  Thanks.

• 1 month later...