How long before symptomatic?

whore4poz

Guest JackEdJIZZ

lots of info on the web.   a quick search should help you.   if you are actively chasing or even actively engaging in raw sex, you should make some effort to understand the virus.  While I am very PRO-POZ and a former (successful) chaser, I believe that anyone  engaged in these activities MUST do it with full information.   

Anyhow, it was about three weeks from the exposure that knocked me up until I was certain I was having conversion symptoms.   Even though I was chasing and understood and even expected the results, I did not recognize that at first.   For the first few days it was simply not feeling good and having night sweats.   Only on the third night of waking up in a pool of sweat that I finally had that "oh shit" moment and realized my decision to chase had indeed resulted in me becoming POZ.    

arly HIV symptoms generally arise within one to two months after transmission, although they can arrive as soon as two weeks after exposure, according to HIV.gov. Moreover, some people may experience no early symptoms after they've contracted HIV.Apr 16, 2018

It took me about 4 weeks i was at work and started feeling pretty crappy.....took the rest of the day off and came home to rest...i too had the night sweats and the next morning my partner noticed a rash on my back....he suggested i go to the dr so i went and he ran a quick result test that resulted in poz.....i couldnt help getting hard at the news...

• Like 1

Seroconversion symptoms typically happen within 2 weeks to one month after exposure.  Some sources say later, but in my research and time doing HIV outreach, I have found the 2 month mark to be very late.   However, as others have noted, not everyone gets symptoms.   In my time in outreach I have found that the one that is most common is unexplained night sweats.  Even people that seem to not have many other symptoms seem to get the night sweats. As JackEDJIZZ said, night sweats happen, and while you might mistake it for something else and minor at first, its a very common sign your body is trying to fight some infection.  Even minor things can cause night sweats, so people may be converting and have no clue. 

Also worth noting is that the chance of HIV infection, at its highest for regular receptive anal intercourse is 3%.  So just because you took a poz load, even very detectable doesn't mean you are going to become HIV+ 

Edited by wood
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 7:38 AM, twoguyssssss4fun said:

may be a stupid question, but if a guy is stroking his cock and he shoots a load on my hole  (as i spread my cheeks open) can i get poz?

Unless your hole is gaping open or ripped the chance is minimal unless he tries to stick it in after. 

Skin is a very effective barrier to HIV infection. 

Guest FinalDL2021
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, whore4poz said:

Not sure if this is the right forum but how long after taking a poz load does it take before symptoms?

Now to be clear, we are talking about sero-conversion symptoms, like night sweats, and fuck flu, and not the symptoms from full blown AIDS? If/when it happens, I am hoping for a long incubation period between sero-conversion and actual AIDS symptoms.

I had the fuck flu two weeks after I got pozzed.  A year after that I had my first case of pneumonia but didn't start treatment at that time.  In June, after two hospitalizations, I finally got some bloodwork done,  By that time I had full-blown AIDS (CD4 count of 13).

I'm now medicating (Bictarvy) and I go for my next blood work in a couple of weeks, but I can definitely feel the difference already.  I always said I would never medicate but I'm looking forward to stopping meds once I'm undetectable so I can go through it all again.

• Like 1