Prep side effect?

AsianBarebackSlut

• 2 weeks later...

I get the worst headaches on Truvada.  Terrible literally debilitating headaches.  So I basically take it totally the wrong way and take it a day or two before I know I'm gonna get a ton of loads in me, then stop when the headaches get bad in a week or so.  Totally the wrong way... But I cant take it longer.  Some guys said the headaches go away. But after about two weeks I cant even get out of bed they are so bad so I come off.  Suggestions?

4 hours ago, shaved_thong_lover said:

I get the worst headaches on Truvada.  Terrible literally debilitating headaches.  So I basically take it totally the wrong way and take it a day or two before I know I'm gonna get a ton of loads in me, then stop when the headaches get bad in a week or so.  Totally the wrong way... But I cant take it longer.  Some guys said the headaches go away. But after about two weeks I cant even get out of bed they are so bad so I come off.  Suggestions?

I also get debilitating headaches on Truvada to the point that I can't take it. Fortunately there are other HIV meds. My Doctor told me it wasn't the Truvada because debilitating headaches wasn't a known side effect. That person is no longer my doctor 

14 hours ago, shaved_thong_lover said:

Headaches are not a known side effect, so there may be something else going on there with other medications you are taking or food and or environmental factors.  Additionally I would try taking it for a solid two weeks at night, and see if you are getting the same headaches.  Most of the side effects do go away after your body gets accustomed to the drug being in your system on a regular basis. 

Also, when you “take lots of loads” are you parTying? If so some of those drugs can have delayed side effects. 

• Like 1

Guest Descartes70817
On January 30, 2020 at 12:31 PM, Guest girlybb said:

PEP made me feel very ill. Should I assume PrEP will too? I had a prescription for PrEP (don't any longer)  but never filled it because I thought my body wouldn't tolerate it. 

For PEP I use Descovy (PrEP) plus Prescobix, and either of them can cause nausea, diarrhea and sleepless nights, but Descovy is supposed to do less liver and kidney damage than Truvada. It just pisses me off that Gilead knew about the problems Truvada was causing and actually created Descovy years ago but didn't release it until the Truvada patent ran out, just to keep the profits high.

Its unfortunate for me that the headaches are so bad. Headaches are actually the most common side effect for Truvada according to the drugs website.  My friends had the headaches and they went away, but they get so bad for me I cant take it long enough to wait it out.

Anyone else do the 2-1-1 dosing?  I kinda do that except I am paranoid so take it about a week.  Which is wierd because for a while I was chasing.  Also, since none if it protects from Hep C which is just as bad at HIV. And other STDs are common... I dont know why I even bother with PreP at all.  My mind is screwed up.  I get horny, and start wanting to punish myself as a fag bottom and start chasing, then get scared, start PreP.  Back and forth.  

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderators

In another thread, @HairyBeardedPozMan wrote

I’m on meds with zero side effects. In fact I have less side effects on my HIV med than I did on Prep.

I'm curious: What med were you taking for PrEP and what are you on now? What were the PrEP side effects that you are no longer getting?

On 1/30/2020 at 7:31 PM, Guest girlybb said:

PEP made me feel very ill. Should I assume PrEP will too? I had a prescription for PrEP (don't any longer)  but never filled it because I thought my body wouldn't tolerate it. 

I don't think you should assume that.

Several years ago I did a month of PEP and it was like a breeze. No side effects at all.

I did PrEP for over a month and then I got headaches, slept bad and was feeling a bit gaga in my head. When I stopped the side effects went away immediately. It couldn't have been the active substances so I think it must have been some other stuff in the medication (PrEP) I don't react well to. It was a generic brand which I actually could afford.

So my point: if you want to be protected by PrEP: try it and if you have side effects that don't go away after a couple of weeks just stop and it will stop. And discuss it with the physician that proscribed the pills. Perhaps there's another option like another brand of pills or another regime how you take the PrEP.

Good luck mate.