LGV chlamydia experiences?

garsento

I have just come from the Hassle Free Clinic, after a buddy let me know he had been diagnosed with LGV chlamydia. I have no symptoms, but still I have the same treatment: three weeks of pills, one week to wait,  all part of a month of celibacy. 

How often have you guys encountered this? PrEP notwithstanding, serious STDs may easily alter my behaviour. Perhaps even a push towards monogamy?

On 9/26/2019 at 4:51 PM, torcub said:

I have just come from the Hassle Free Clinic, after a buddy let me know he had been diagnosed with LGV chlamydia. I have no symptoms, but still I have the same treatment: three weeks of pills, one week to wait,  all part of a month of celibacy. 

How often have you guys encountered this? PrEP notwithstanding, serious STDs may easily alter my behaviour. Perhaps even a push towards monogamy?

Took me a while to get it diagnosed and by then it had flared up and was deeply unpleasant. Early treatment is good, so you should be fine. It’s apparently usually quite rare but I’ve been told rates are spiking, especially in the U.S. (where I picked it up). 

Ultimately it’s up to your own risk tolerance : as barebacking becomes more popular, the risks equally increase. Depends how often you’re willing to catch something and the possibility of it being something difficult to treat. 

The recommendation is to treat LGV contacts for LGV. Hassle Free Clinic will likely receive the test results for chlamydia and the LGV strain shortly. You can follow up with them. Call and ask to speak with the Public Health Nurse and they can advise you whether you need to finish the antibiotics.

• 2 months later...
Guest ff-whole

I just recently positive for these three nasty bugs at he same time;

Neisseria gonorrhoeae (DNA) positive Rectum
Chlamydia trachomatis (DNA) positive Rectum
Lymfogranuloma Venereum typering (LGV) positive Rectum

Very uncomfortable... Tomorrow I hope to get my antibiotics...

• 4 months later...

I have had it.

I got it from a regular partner who picked it up I'm Scotland on a buniess trip.

Its nasty, it started with diarrhoea which is bad as I have constipated guts owing  to medication. Having both at the same time was bad and I ended with piles.

The LGV caused me to bleed on and off and I had clear mucous coming out my backside..

It was   confirmed on a regular STD testing I have every 3 months as I am on PrEP. I was told that I was the 1st person they had seen with it in 18months I  that clinic.

My friend also got treated.

I started having sex when I was 14 and am now in my mid 50s and it is the worst STD i have ever had

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ff-whole
On 5/2/2020 at 4:15 AM, Aeropic333 said:

I have had it.

I got it from a regular partner who picked it up I'm Scotland on a buniess trip.

Its nasty, it started with diarrhoea which is bad as I have constipated guts owing  to medication. Having both at the same time was bad and I ended with piles.

The LGV caused me to bleed on and off and I had clear mucous coming out my backside..

It was   confirmed on a regular STD testing I have every 3 months as I am on PrEP. I was told that I was the 1st person they had seen with it in 18months I  that clinic.

My friend also got treated.

I started having sex when I was 14 and am now in my mid 50s and it is the worst STD i have ever had

I agree, very nasty and while you're on medication for 21 days or so; no sex. So I would very much like to do without this STD.

Had it twice in the past. Really not fun. Harder to get it checked here in the Uk as the lab test have to be sent far away from were I live to check that specific sti. Minimum three weeks to have it confirmed by the lab as it will be picked up by regular chlamydia check up too, but will need a longer treatment (3 weeks). Keep you out of action for a while 😕

I had it once, picked up in regular screening. I had no symptoms or reactions, just had to wait ages for tests, treatment and confirmation test before I could fuck again.