what's the appeal of nazi fetishism?

Guest letmein1

Guest BritBottom
14 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

rawsatyr mentioned Cabaret. Love that film, so many layers to it. It also depicts the liberal and progressive culture in Berlin prior to the rise of hitler and nazism.  It seems most societies have their polar opposites and what happens is often a result of who's in power. The movie Bent  is another powerful depiction of gay experience at the hands of nazis. So many failed to escape Germany before it was to late to do so because they just couldn't fathom that the Germany they had known had changed, the new rulers empowered the already present dark and evil cultures.  

i appreciate the parallel you draw between religious fundamentalists and nazis.  i don't think religion is such a bad thing, and that it can even do some good. Add to it the absolutist attitude of fundamentalism and it becomes pure poison.  i grew up in a fundamentalist christian culture, it took me a long time to escape that torturous prison. A few years ago i read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's autobiography, a Somali woman who was raised in fundamentalist islam and later escaped and became an activist as well as a member of Dutch parliament. i was struck while reading her story how many similarities hers had to mine. They had the common thread of fundamentalism.  i have no real doubt that people like V.P. pence would toss gays in prison if he had the power.  After all, he believes in a god who is going to send all gays to a hell of eternal torture.  People who think religious folk are good and kind have never studied the inquisition. 

Although I have no formal personal religious beliefs I do not discount the philosophical principles that most religions are founded on and fully accept that there are good decent people who both believe in and practice their faith devoutly and honourably - I tend to the view that good people are good people irrespective of, and not because their religious, or political, views.

The reason that I mentioned religion is that problem with religion throughout history is that it is hijacked by leaders or preachers who claim the ability interpret scripture and require absolute obedience to their own interpretations on pain of eternal damnation - they offer nothing tangible it is based on faith, the human need understand or seeking to believe in something better or greater - to me it is selling 'snake oil'. It has always gone on - the Egyptian priesthood held  power because they learned to calculate the flood patterns of the Nile but claimed it was divine knowledge grated to them, and them only, by the Gods as proof of their prophetic godly powers . The Catholic church  is merely the Roman Empire subsumed into the 'Holy Roman Empire' and spread through conquest and corrupting existing hierarchies and festivals into the dogma supported by the professed infallibility of its earthly representatives - The brutality of the various Christian sects in the name of power is throughout history is notorious.  It is notable that early Islam was very different  from the fundamentalist theoretic  sects that flourish today. My dislike of organised religion is that it acts as a political party or multinational corporation  wherever it gets power and always seeks to amass financial wealth at the expense of its followers.  The term 'Do as I say' not 'Do as I Do' applies equally to both the hypocrisy of religious and political activists.  The ruthlessness and predilection for atrocity of the Nazi's and other totalitarian political regimes seems little different to the activities of powerful institutionalised religions and theocracies. Like politics, It is a magnet for the corrupt to manipulate the innocent, the trusting, the fearful or the ignorant.

I have been an 'Outsider' for most of my life, growing up in a political, social and religious environment that despised and rejected me for being who and what I am., that probably has a strong influence on my political and religious  perspectives, I do not trust the practitioners of either. I believe each of us is entitled to the freedom to act and think freely, if we choose to live by the percepts of a chosen philosophy or religion and do so honesty that can only be respected., but each of us are individually responsible for our thoughts, decisions and actions and for the consequences of them. What I object is being told what to think and how to act based on another's judgement or opinion as opposed to rational argument and persuasion and  natural justice - I reject both religious and political attempts to do so.

My apologies, I think may have started ranting a bit .

Wading in here.

I am not going to get into the socio-political aspects of Naziisim, Nor am I going to get into the Historical Realities of The Nazi Regime, beyond saying that it was a horriffic time in human history, one that if we are not careful, can and will happen again. 

The question is "what is the appeal?"

The answer in my limited view boils down to three words. POWER AND FEAR.

Some people are more sexually aroused in situations that present danger or risk. Others are attracted to power, either being powerful, or having a lack of it.

It is undeniable that smartly tailored, leather clad Nazi officers were powerful and dangerous. This also applies to other Uniformed individuals such as Police and other Military personel from around the world. 

It is not the only reason. Honestly my attraction to Sailors was born out of Spite against my old man, whom was a Marine. 

Now I am sure there are other points of view. I am sure that I am going to be dragged for stating what I think. But, this is my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, Kayne said:

Wading in here.

I am not going to get into the socio-political aspects of Naziisim, Nor am I going to get into the Historical Realities of The Nazi Regime, beyond saying that it was a horriffic time in human history, one that if we are not careful, can and will happen again. 

Some people are more sexually aroused in situations that present danger or risk. Others are attracted to power, either being powerful, or having a lack of it.

It is undeniable that smartly tailored, leather clad Nazi officers were powerful and dangerous. This also applies to other Uniformed individuals such as Police and other Military personel from around the world. 

It is not the only reason. Honestly my attraction to Sailors was born out of Spite against my old man, whom was a Marine. 

Now I am sure there are other points of view. I am sure that I am going to be dragged for stating what I think. But, this is my opinion. 

i appreciate your focused answer.  i think you are right that both power and fear play a big part, and may be foundational? 

i don't think we can group nazi's in general with other "Uniformed individuals such as Police and other Military personnel from around the world" with out qualifying the unique evil intent of nazis.  nazis and their ss police force were a law unto themselves. One of their primary intents was to be cruel and terrorize. 

i think one of the missing links between nazi fetishism and what and who the nazis were is their intent and purpose to iradicate 'inferiors', not just use them for their pleasure (which seems to be a driving force with the fetish?).

i think a lot of guys who want to be forced to do erotic things want to experience the desire and need of the guy forcing them to do those things. i think that is missing with the reality of nazism.  They didn't want to connect and use 'subs', they wanted to identify and destroy groups of people.

nazis weren't going after people who had a fetsh for them.

6 minutes ago, tallslenderguy said:

i appreciate your focused answer.  i think you are right that both power and fear play a big part, and may be foundational? 

i don't think we can group nazi's in general with other "Uniformed individuals such as Police and other Military personnel from around the world" with out qualifying the unique evil intent of nazis.  nazis and their ss police force were a law unto themselves. One of their primary intents was to be cruel and terrorize. 

i think one of the missing links between nazi fetishism and what and who the nazis were is their intent and purpose to iradicate 'inferiors', not just use them for their pleasure (which seems to be a driving force with the fetish?).

i think a lot of guys who want to be forced to do erotic things want to experience the desire and need of the guy forcing them to do those things. i think that is missing with the reality of nazism.  They didn't want to connect and use 'subs', they wanted to identify and destroy groups of people.

nazis weren't going after people who had a fetsh for them.

No, Nazi's weren't going after people with fetishes for them. You're right there.

As for grouping. I believe we can. It's about perception. A previous poster spoke about the fear of police where he stays in Latin America. I'm a Black Man living in the U.S. I know the fear that this man spoke of.  I've had police bust into my house in the middle of the night, at gunpoint. I've been. "Stopped and Frisked" I've been arrested for being a "faggot" 

A large part is perception, A large part is action and a large part is real world practice.

1 hour ago, Kayne said:

No, Nazi's weren't going after people with fetishes for them. You're right there.

As for grouping. I believe we can. It's about perception. A previous poster spoke about the fear of police where he stays in Latin America. I'm a Black Man living in the U.S. I know the fear that this man spoke of.  I've had police bust into my house in the middle of the night, at gunpoint. I've been. "Stopped and Frisked" I've been arrested for being a "faggot" 

A large part is perception, A large part is action and a large part is real world practice.

Hey, thank you for your continued perspective.  i'm largely thinking outlaid as i write this stuff, i don't suppose to have it all figured out, and discussion with others is part of the process for me.

One of the reasons i am grateful for being gay is because it's helped change my perspective some from my privileged roots.  i've been arrested for being a faggot and was charged with a felony using a 100 year old 'sodomy' law.  It was 1998, but in VA and even then VA still had 'vice' cops pretending to be gay and cruising at cruising sites to entrap gays.  The guy was cute, did the usual gay cruising stuff and when i asked him if he wanted to fuck me, he arrested me. The attorney general at the time (Bob McDonnell) was a rabid homophobe and was out for blood.  For me it was a good experience and example of how, even in a liberal era,  there are people in power who want to punish and abuse different people. 

i can hide the fact that i am gay if i want at this point. I.e., i don't 'look gay.'  People of color don't have that luxury, so your perspective is different from mine. i can listen and understand cerebrally, even feel rotten for you, but i cannot  fully relate to your perspective. i think you raise a great point about fear and power.  Some poiice  have a history of power abuse towards gays, so i wonder if gays who have police fetish are aroused by that abuse? 

Do you think the fetish is 'okay?'  You have the perspective of someone who has experienced being abused by authority, not as a fetish you sought out. There's a difference when you have a choice. I.e., most guys can choose to pursue this fetish, it isn't forced on them outside their volition. 

If the appeal is "power and fear,"  what is the difference  between  someone who chooses this fetish as a lifestyle and those who experience the power and fear as outside of having a fetish for it? How would a Jewish or Black Man experience nazis as a fetish given the real, non role play history of nazism? 

On 10/17/2019 at 3:15 PM, tallslenderguy said:

Hey, thank you for your continued perspective.  i'm largely thinking outlaid as i write this stuff, i don't suppose to have it all figured out, and discussion with others is part of the process for me.

One of the reasons i am grateful for being gay is because it's helped change my perspective some from my privileged roots.  i've been arrested for being a faggot and was charged with a felony using a 100 year old 'sodomy' law.  It was 1998, but in VA and even then VA still had 'vice' cops pretending to be gay and cruising at cruising sites to entrap gays.  The guy was cute, did the usual gay cruising stuff and when i asked him if he wanted to fuck me, he arrested me. The attorney general at the time (Bob McDonnell) was a rabid homophobe and was out for blood.  For me it was a good experience and example of how, even in a liberal era,  there are people in power who want to punish and abuse different people. 

i can hide the fact that i am gay if i want at this point. I.e., i don't 'look gay.'  People of color don't have that luxury, so your perspective is different from mine. i can listen and understand cerebrally, even feel rotten for you, but i cannot  fully relate to your perspective. i think you raise a great point about fear and power.  Some poiice  have a history of power abuse towards gays, so i wonder if gays who have police fetish are aroused by that abuse? 

Do you think the fetish is 'okay?'  You have the perspective of someone who has experienced being abused by authority, not as a fetish you sought out. There's a difference when you have a choice. I.e., most guys can choose to pursue this fetish, it isn't forced on them outside their volition. 

If the appeal is "power and fear,"  what is the difference  between  someone who chooses this fetish as a lifestyle and those who experience the power and fear as outside of having a fetish for it? How would a Jewish or Black Man experience nazis as a fetish given the real, non role play history of nazism? 

For me? its power and agency,

I've been in many situations where I was powerless

even if it's for a while, in my headspace being able to choose to take power or to surrender it is very potent and arousing to me

that's how I can experience these fetishes and not feel abused. 

• Like 2

Guest BritBottom
On 10/17/2019 at 4:59 PM, Kayne said:

Wading in here.

@Kayne I hope you don’t get  never get ‘dragged’ for your input.

The conversation demonstrates how complex individual motivations are, and because our life experiences are personal and varied each of us will have a different perspective based upon our respective, nature and experience.

I take the point about POWER AND FEAR and agree it is relevant. Amongst the range of posts by the membership over the whole site the range includes those who seek absolute power as Tops and absolute submission as bottoms in varying degrees. That would tend to support your assertion as the Nazi [Fascist] culture is one of total domination, control and submission enforced by a culture of fear.

The attraction of ‘danger and risk’ is also represented in various ways by the membership.

The Nazis identified themselves with aggressive masculinity expressed by brutality and lack of conscience, the feminine was identified with cowardice, compromise and hypocrisy and pacifism. Much of the concept was based on Nietzsche’s master morality, slave morality and, the will to power writings.  There are obvious parallels with some areas of gay culture.  The term fetish generally refers to any sexually arousing stimuli, the appeal of Nazi fetishism to some is, to that degree unsurprising.

I’m a total bottom, I want to be penetrated by another mans penis, subjected to his will when being fucked, utterly subjugate myself during that process including his insemination, I get off on the top using my body as if it were his property, hard or rough sex can be part of that, I give him that power over me and enjoy it.  I admire masculinity. With strangers there is always a potential danger so I take a risk with every new encounter – ostensibly a Nietzsche type master/slave scenario. On that basis, I should fit the criteria for a potential Nazi fetishist – except I want more than a mechanical subservience as an object for sexual satisfaction, my motivation is to achieve a connection between two men reacting to each other’s needs and both participating toward mutual satisfaction.

Power, well I willingly give that to the top as part of submitting.  

Fear would not work for me because I see men needing to use it as flawed males, not truly masculine but hiding insecurity and weakness – in effect the bully mentality , to my mind they are not worthy to have my submission or my ass.

tallslenderguy  asks “If the appeal is "power and fear,"  what is the difference  between  someone who chooses this fetish as a lifestyle and those who experience the power and fear as outside of having a fetish for it? How would a Jewish or Black Man experience nazis as a fetish given the real, non role play history of nazism?”

I’m limiting my comment only to the specific issue of emulating Nazism only,  and I’d say that those who choose the fetish must able to be selective in drawing only the parts of the Nazi image that suits their needs and discarding the remainder, either that or they are capable of not caring about it at all. It could be adopted as simply role play by some without considering what it truly represents. Perhaps the further away in time we get from the events, the less impact they have and they seem less real.

I cannot emulate that which I find repugnant and put aside the reality of what is behind it. It isn’t possible for me to discard the fact that an estimated 5,000 to 15,000 gay men were sent to concentration camps where an unknown number of them were murdered, that 6 million Jews were murdered in the gas chambers, or the soldiers and civilians who were killed all for a sick ideology.

As to Jewish, Black men and others, including the Roma – I would not dare to attempt to speak for them, I am not qualified to do so, only they can say.    

After reading posts remind me of times saw a Craigslist ad that think did a search of Craigslist with Jewish and that was for a Jewish woman wanting to be with a guy that was a nazi from casual encounter section when Craigslist had. I think remember something about tattoos. The ad seemed in my reaction to not make sense and maybe was power and fear issue. 

It was not what be looking for. I guess the poster of ad while a part of understandably repulsed that a part may have been attracted to. 

On the other side could have been a fake ad or a ad made as a dark joke. May have been a ad for a dark role play or something. My guess is just someone fantasy and not seem likely find such a person in real life.

I remember years past reading a Newsweek story discuss some attraction to Nazism, but remember a part about how Nazi groups not exactly want gays and one mention about leather desire but a turn off if want to commit violence against gays. 

I am not into leather much and more so if hear negative in wear a leather jacket. One instead of have Nazi and leather, could have just motorcycle leather outfits to try to remove a negative Association.

In the end if say one likes leather and the other not due to past experience or uncomfortable with that maybe forgo the leather or certain look. Or find someone into fetish. I personally want to not cause harm if brings problems to a partner and can be more important to just have fun.

Power and fear definitely. One of my darkest fantasies is to be gangraped and abused by a group of Nazi doms. this maybe down to the fact I'm a weak, submissive, effeminate jewish bottom who is the epitome of what the Nazis wanted to get rid of, so there's something in there about being sexually abused in this way that makes me very horny.

• Like 1

Guest FinalDL2021
On 10/15/2019 at 3:28 AM, Ranger Rick said:

Because no one gets hard thinking about being whipped by a vegan soyboy cuck. 

Lol. I remember having a strange attractaction to that evil Nazi character in Shindler's List.....Amon Goath, the Sadistic SS camp comendont. I believe he was played by Raeph Fiennes.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:34 AM, Bwccummer said:

After reading posts remind me of times saw a Craigslist ad that think did a search of Craigslist with Jewish and that was for a Jewish woman wanting to be with a guy that was a nazi from casual encounter section when Craigslist had. I think remember something about tattoos. The ad seemed in my reaction to not make sense and maybe was power and fear issue. 

It was not what be looking for. I guess the poster of ad while a part of understandably repulsed that a part may have been attracted to. 

On the other side could have been a fake ad or a ad made as a dark joke. May have been a ad for a dark role play or something. My guess is just someone fantasy and not seem likely find such a person in real life.

I remember years past reading a Newsweek story discuss some attraction to Nazism, but remember a part about how Nazi groups not exactly want gays and one mention about leather desire but a turn off if want to commit violence against gays. 

I am not into leather much and more so if hear negative in wear a leather jacket. One instead of have Nazi and leather, could have just motorcycle leather outfits to try to remove a negative Association.

In the end if say one likes leather and the other not due to past experience or uncomfortable with that maybe forgo the leather or certain look. Or find someone into fetish. I personally want to not cause harm if brings problems to a partner and can be more important to just have fun.

There are gay White Supremacist skinheads that love both the symbols and the politics. The number of Anti Gay, Straight White Supremacist  that get caught molesting children seems to exceed LBGT numbers, but fewer than Catholic priests. Of course this  could be from being so closely  monitored by law enforcement within their ranks so who knows?

To me, brown leather, also referred to as Latigo, is pretty hot looking and does not have the Nazi/BDSM reference that black leather does. It comes from cowboy culture, which was way more Black and Latino than the movies portray. 

I assume there are people fetishizing Native American accoutrements. I don’t, but love the Gay wildness and freedom portrayed in Song Of The Loon and Cut Hand. I do have faint memories of racing to watch the short lived TV series “Casey Jones” (with Alan Hale Sr. As the engineer, available on UTube) and a strong  attraction to his shirtless, muscular Native American fireman, “Sam”....

Edited by Pozlover1