Why do you like Donald Trump and what do you dislike about him.

hornycumslut91

The short answer is that I honestly neither like nor hate Donald Trump. I simply don't know him as a person and as such, I wouldn't feel comfortable making that judgement.  

I have opinions on the persona he puts forth, however, as I believe Trump is primarily a bombastic personality who needs the spotlight. Maybe not a narcissist necessarily, but definitely craves attention, and the persona he puts forth absolutely embodies that aspect of himself. 

That said, however, I do actually agree he got somewhat of a raw (heh heh) deal with the media, and things he said or did were either mis-reported or deliberately skewed to avoid showing the entire truth (the "very fine people" incident, the "mocks a disabled reporter" incident, and most recently the "gassed protestors so he could hold up a Bible" incident.)

I don't support him as President, because I just don't feel he has the qualities I would want in my nation's leader, but I don't think he's necessarily evil personified.

7 hours ago, DICKinyourFACE said:

Gays have been generally seen as "liberal" or left for years.

That's the slippery slope of generalizations -- there's always an exception so do those exceptions matter?  As a gay (bi?) man whose voted for Republicans & Democrats, I certainly believe that exceptions matter.

Same goes for generalizing Muslims.  

Your comments sound like Bill O'Reilly on The View years ago when he said Muslims killed Americans on 9/11.  No, Bill and you need to go back and read the full history on Bin Laden, how his family disowned him as a radical, and what the US foreign service did to his business pre-9/11, and then what al-Qaeda did on 9/11.

TL;DR It's just ignorant to make such broad over-generalizations. Saying al-Qaeda on 9/11 is all of Islam is like the Branch Davidians @ Waco representing all of Christianity.  aka. they're NOT the same, and saying they are the same makes you sound extremely ignorant.

Saying Muslims 'killed us' on 9/11 or the London tube bombings etc is like saying Christians 'killed us' in WW2 or the London pub bombing in 1999 by David Copeland, or the massacre of 77 people by Anders Brevick In Denmark a few years ago. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2021 at 6:52 PM, Franticperv said:

Saying Muslims 'killed us' on 9/11 or the London tube bombings etc is like saying Christians 'killed us' in WW2 or the London pub bombing in 1999 by David Copeland, or the massacre of 77 people by Anders Brevick In Denmark a few years ago. 

but Frantic - don't you know that when a white guy does something, he's always a lone wolf, a disturbed soul, someone who got shafted by the system and he's lashing out in pain. When a black guy or a brown guy or a Muslim does it, it's "what do you expect with people like that, that's why we shouldn't have any of them here".

• 8 months later...
On 7/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, BootmanLA said:

but Frantic - don't you know that when a white guy wins reelection, he's always a lone wolf, a disturbed soul, someone who got shafted by the system and he's lashing out in pain. When a black cackling woman or a brown guy or a senile mummy does it, it's "what do you expect with people like that, that's why we shouldn't have any of them here".

Hey Boot"man" since you thought Boris Johnson was so important, here's a little update. Cos we all remember your heroic campaign to magically improve gay rights worldwide by calling him a "clown" 24,000 time per nanosecond.

Did you know early this year we all found out that back in the 1st lockdown he was regularly breaking the COVID regulations that he himself brought in, and meeting with large number of his cabinet members. They were caught on camera drinking champagne together and insisted it was an "important government meeting" LOL. And he claimed he didn't know he was breaking the rules (even though he announced them on TV). And he refuses to resign.

There was a small campaign among MPs to oust him but it became clear that it would be unsuccessful, long before the Ukraine invasion started and gave him any cover/distraction..

(How come Putin didn't under Trump, btw?  You guys kept screeching about Trump was the one who was "going to start WW3", etc...)

Anyway, since the British people just sit back and take this contempt from their so-called leader i'm pretty sure that makes the Biden-supporting British public the "clowns" doesn't it?

Edited by Coldfusion

On 3/20/2022 at 11:26 AM, Coldfusion said:

Hey Boot"man" since you thought Boris Johnson was so important, here's a little update. Cos we all remember your heroic campaign to magically improve gay rights worldwide by calling him a "clown" 24,000 time per nanosecond.

I believe you mean "times" per nanosecond. Which is a tad of an exaggeration. More to the point, I didn't point out that Johnson was a clown as a "campaign to magically improve gay rights worldwide". I called him a clown because he is.

Did you know early this year we all found out that back in the 1st lockdown he was regularly breaking the COVID regulations that he himself brought in, and meeting with large number of his cabinet members. They were caught on camera drinking champagne together and insisted it was an "important government meeting" LOL. And he claimed he didn't know he was breaking the rules (even though he announced them on TV). And he refuses to resign.

Which pretty much confirms my opinion that he's a clown, right?

(How come Putin didn't under Trump, btw?  You guys kept screeching about Trump was the one who was "going to start WW3", etc...)

Because Putin's long game involves not just taking Ukraine (and the rest of the former USSSR) but also demolishing NATO. Trump was gleefully trying to assist with that effort (for his own, idiotic reasons) and was played like the fool he is by Putin. Putin knew that as long as Trump was serving his role of disrupting the western alliance it was better to wait on Ukraine, because it was unlikely the US Congress would allow the president to abandon NATO if a war broke out in Europe.

Once Biden was elected and he began to repair breaches with NATO, Putin knew he had to act on Ukraine quickly, but it may be that he waited too long - the west is more solidly unified against him than ever would have been possible under Hair Furor (the US, not the English, version).

Anyway, since the British people just sit back and take this contempt from their so-called leader i'm pretty sure that makes the Biden-supporting British public the "clowns" doesn't it?

I hesitate to be critical of a nation's entire people, especially one with perhaps the only electoral system more archaic and non-representative than ours in the US, simply because of which idiot rises to the top. If you mean specifically those who voted for Johnson, by all means, I consider them clowns as well. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, PendragonSpirit said:

The short answer is that I honestly neither like nor hate Donald Trump. I simply don't know him as a person and as such, I wouldn't feel comfortable making that judgement.  

I have opinions on the persona he puts forth, however, as I believe Trump is primarily a bombastic personality who needs the spotlight. Maybe not a narcissist necessarily, but definitely craves attention, and the persona he puts forth absolutely embodies that aspect of himself. 

That said, however, I do actually agree he got somewhat of a raw (heh heh) deal with the media, and things he said or did were either mis-reported or deliberately skewed to avoid showing the entire truth (the "very fine people" incident, the "mocks a disabled reporter" incident, and most recently the "gassed protestors so he could hold up a Bible" incident.)

I don't support him as President, because I just don't feel he has the qualities I would want in my nation's leader, but I don't think he's necessarily evil personified.

Well said. I don't hate Donald Trump either. He brought a business mentality to the federal government, which helped break the long running complacency and set a few very ambitious, possibly positive goals. But, his lack of artfulness and experience caused disorganization and allowed a fairly small, controversial minority to gain an outsized platform in American politics. In either case Donald Trump is just a man like the rest of us and deifying or vilifying him is pointless as he already came, saw and conquered. A better idea is learning from the situation and applying it towards creating a better future.

3 hours ago, holeswideopen said:

Well said. I don't hate Donald Trump either. He brought a business mentality to the federal government, which helped break the long running complacency and set a few very ambitious, possibly positive goals. But, his lack of artfulness and experience caused disorganization and allowed a fairly small, controversial minority to gain an outsized platform in American politics. In either case Donald Trump is just a man like the rest of us and deifying or vilifying him is pointless as he already came, saw and conquered. A better idea is learning from the situation and applying it towards creating a better future.

Most of what you say I don't find fault with, except the "business mentality" he brought to the White House was strictly "How can my business make money off this gig?". From the bribes-disguised-as-hotel-stays to selling overpriced tschotskes bearing presidential insignia (in violation of federal law) at his golf courses and clubs, Trump's presidency was one long grift streak.

And it's still paying off. Witness the billions his son-in-law, a failed real estate developer with no experience in venture capital, managed to raise from the Saudi royal family after finessing covering up their responsibility for the murder of a U.S. resident journalist in Turkey.

But Trump's grift wasn't the biggest problem. It's that when it was all coming to an end, he cheerfully fomented a riot whose purpose was to prevent the peaceful transfer of power to his successor. It only failed because enough "adults in the room" finally had enough and made it clear they weren't going to stand idly by, including the entire leadership team at the Department of Justice. Trump seems pretty clear about wanting another shot at it. If he gets it, we may never have another transfer of power by election again.

That's enough to keep any sane person from sleeping well.

• Upvote 2

On 11/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, BlackBttmUK said:

He is a disgusting racist who use racism to get into the White House. He even hate the LGBT+ community. When he dies I will celebrate with a gang bang and being bred multiple times 

I don't hate Trump but don't like him from his mannerisms and his true self. He cheats at Every thing. just ask all 3 of his wives (ex and current) to his financial sceme of buying boil makers for $10,000 under a subsidiary he owned and sold to his properties for $50,000.

He is as evil as Putin wanting to shoot protesters and having the military bomb Mexico to stop the drug war. He cheered on 9/11/2001 when the towers fell and he claimed he now had the tallest building in New York.

He thinks Women should not have abortion yet look how many Republicans have had mistresses that terminated their pregnancies.

His dumb border wall collapsed because of cheap construction and he raised money on the concept, but kept it for himself.

There are people that are too Extreme on both Republican and Democrat. The RNC should have disqualified him from entering the race instead of supporting him.

I would have rather it be Romney or any traditional republican candidate. They have NO Platform or usual Republican agenda. I would hate to have Liz Cheney as President but at least I know her convictions and ideas about the country.

I'm sure I will get responses for expressing my views, but I won't respond. If you are Gay or believe in Open sex options the Republicans are going back 50+ years before Stonewall or individual rights.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • rawTOP locked this topic