Why hasn't Human Rights Campaign endorsed yet ?

SubHornyBottom

Who do you think the Human Rights Campaign likes in the 2020 field  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the Human Rights Campaign likes in the 2020 field

• Joe Biden
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • Pete Buttigieg
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Kamala Harris
    • Amy Klobuchar
    • Tulsi Gabbard
    • Andrew Yang
    • Cory Booker
    • Beto O' Rourke

Guest hungandmean
On 11/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, SubHornyBottom said:

I am not a dude, stop misgendering me.

Cute. I'm glad you got a moment to tell the singular, humorless, joke that exists when it comes to the topic of gender and pronouns. 

No wonder gays will be discriminated. The gays can't even united behind the leading LGBT organizations. I think maybe the gays are better off back to 1960s and go through conversion therapy. Let's pray the gay away. I think maybe the gays need to be slapped an HIV epidemic again in the face.  I won't forgive Reagon administration's dismissive attitude towards the HIV epidemic, that's why all republicans should die.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:45 PM, Pozlover1 said:

The HRC ratings of corporations allows us us make our own purchase and employment decisions. This is  better than forcing them to hire you when you know they hate us. They still give some of their profit to anti gay organizations, profit you helped them generate. They also institute selective enforcement of company rules to get rid of us, so those laws are less effective than proving ourselves to be a benefit. The HRC  only had the one scandal. If memory serves me right the lad was 17 (legal in the UK where this happened)  and a prostitute not some choir boy. As far as I know the HRC avoids “intersectionalism”, where “if you are gay you have to support these other five or six  left wing causes or we take your gay card”. I can make my own choices thank you. 

But they do endorse right ? 

On 11/21/2019 at 4:35 AM, hungandmean said:

Cute. I'm glad you got a moment to tell the singular, humorless, joke that exists when it comes to the topic of gender and pronouns. 

This is not a joke, I am a transwoman. But maybe you don't even consider I am human. So suit yourself https://assets.s3xstatic.com/bz/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

On 11/20/2019 at 10:27 AM, Versdc said:

HRC has a history of being problematic for more than the most basic of gay white men. That being said, they’ve come a long way in the past couple years (now that they have to). They elected a black man to run the organization, and their Victory Fund has helped elect numerous LGBT politicians including Danica Roem and Kate Brown. That being said, they will probably endorse the most milquetoast option available so their endorsement will make no difference in my mind. 

So if their endorsement will make no difference in your mind...why do they still endorse ? Are they crazy ? 

2 hours ago, SubHornyBottom said:

So if their endorsement will make no difference in your mind...why do they still endorse ? Are they crazy ? 

Because it will still help some people choose. I don’t expect them to make an endorsement until partway through the primaries, frankly, because there is a split between Buttegieg and Warren, at least from the HRC supporters that I know here in DC. 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:00 AM, Versdc said:

Because it will still help some people choose. I don’t expect them to make an endorsement until partway through the primaries, frankly, because there is a split between Buttegieg and Warren, at least from the HRC supporters that I know here in DC. 

It would not surprise me. These two are highly qualified.

Edited by SubHornyBottom

Guest BreedMeInVegas

Does it really matter who HRC endorses?  The Democrat party elites are the ones that choose the candidate through the antiquated super delegate process, not the people voting in the primaries.  Look at what Debbie Wasserman-Schults pulled in the 2016 primary making it so Hillary won the nomination when it was Bernie Sanders that would have won under an actual democratic system.  They're going to put Biden up since they feel he's their best chance at beating Trump.

The only way the Democrat elites will learn their lesson and finally give the people the actual say will be if one of the candidates that get's pushed out by the unfair rules, runs as an independent and splits the vote giving Trump a victory.  Then after 4 more years of Trump, maybe they will listen to the actual voters and change their rules.  In the meantime, Democrat voters essentially have no voice in the process of choosing the candidate.

[think before following links] https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/02/ex-dnc-chair-goes-at-the-clintons-alleging-hillarys-campaign-hijacked-dnc-during-primary-with-bernie-sanders/

(If the Washington Post is reporting on anything that's negative about the Democrat party, then you know it's pretty bad given their anti-Republican views)

• Moderators

The superdelegate rules have radically changed for 2020. Only 1/3 of superdelegates are allowed to vote their own choice. The other 2/3 must vote as their state did in the primary/caucus. It's not perfect, but it is a great improvement over 2016. 

I looked at the HRC website. They say they will only endorse viable candidates. My guess would be that it is too early for them to consider anyone viable. That's just a guess though.  

On 11/27/2019 at 10:00 PM, drscorpio said:

The superdelegate rules have radically changed for 2020. Only 1/3 of superdelegates are allowed to vote their own choice. The other 2/3 must vote as their state did in the primary/caucus. It's not perfect, but it is a great improvement over 2016. 

I looked at the HRC website. They say they will only endorse viable candidates. My guess would be that it is too early for them to consider anyone viable. That's just a guess though.  

Yep, they have made huge efforts to improve. Many people just choose not to see it. One more reason for me to be anti-Bernie. He and his cult are dangerous to the LGBTQ+ community.

The Human Rights Campaign was basically irrelevant when it was first organized in the 1980s, & it is now a completely tired & utterly irrelevant political force.  The only people who benefit from the Human Rights Campaign are the people who earn their paychecks from them!  I am amazed that people still contribute to this organization --- they are, seriously, grifters!

4 minutes ago, dirtyarizona said:

The Human Rights Campaign was basically irrelevant when it was first organized in the 1980s, & it is now a completely tired & utterly irrelevant political force.  The only people who benefit from the Human Rights Campaign are the people who earn their paychecks from them!  I am amazed that people still contribute to this organization --- they are, seriously, grifters!

That's your personal opinion.

• 3 months later...

Sarah Schulman's book Gentrification of the Mind: Witness to a Lost Imagination  describes some of the ways that HRC and the like gained power by using the AIDS crisis to their advantage. How post-AIDS LGBTQetc activism and organizing differs from previous in terms of goals, decision making structure, funding, demographic composition etc. How the mass illness and death was a perquisite for these changes. 

(Author is an english teacher and her work is extremely readable despite how the title makes it sound very academic, it's not at all.)