Non-perv question : how do you get rid of dildos?

Bearseeder

Guest Otterholes

If only you could donate them to a younger inheritor. I know I really wanted one when I was in my teens and never could buy one without my parents knowing.

Guest Boipussay19

I remember cutting my first dildo with a box cutter so my dad wouldn't find it.

5 years later I've bought the same dildo just 5 inches longer than the previous one to adjust for my loose and deeper hole. 🤤

On 11/5/2019 at 1:07 AM, ErosWired said:

Bear in mind that some dildoes are made of materials that are porous or potentially porous and therefore impossible to clean and sterilize sufficiently to be used safely by others. Also, depending on the age of the items in question, some breakdown of the original integrity of the materials may have occurred. I would inspect them very carefully, and look into what they’re made of, before foisting them off on someone else. If any of them don’t pass muster, you can always turn them into edgy modern art... or just chuck them in the bin.

Pro tip, seems like a great conversation starter, or at the very least make things awkward with certain relatives you want to keep away.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Silicone lasts a lot longer than vinyl and is only marginally porous, so it's probably well worth re-homing silicone ones. Vinyl has plasticizers in it that leach out and gradually evaporate over time, so that tends to degrade. Glass will last plastically forever, though I don't know anyone that actually prefers it - it's really too rigid to make a good sex toy. If you have any wood ones, they might be valuable as antiques, as I doubt anyone has seriously made wooden ones (at least in the first world) in nearly a century.

Personally, I have a couple of 20+ year old silicone ones that are perfectly fine (still flexible, odorless, no oily residue), and some vinyl ones that look OK, though I haven't put them through their paces recently.

6 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Silicone lasts a lot longer than vinyl and is only marginally porous, so it's probably well worth re-homing silicone ones. Vinyl has plasticizers in it that leach out and gradually evaporate over time, so that tends to degrade. Glass will last plastically forever, though I don't know anyone that actually prefers it - it's really too rigid to make a good sex toy. If you have any wood ones, they might be valuable as antiques, as I doubt anyone has seriously made wooden ones (at least in the first world) in nearly a century.

Personally, I have a couple of 20+ year old silicone ones that are perfectly fine (still flexible, odorless, no oily residue), and some vinyl ones that look OK, though I haven't put them through their paces recently.

I've been following this topic for a while, but just tonight it struck me as funny that a query on dildo disposal methods can be considered "non-[banned word]."  Only on BZ.  🤨

9 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

If you have any wood ones, they might be valuable as antiques, as I doubt anyone has seriously made wooden ones (at least in the first world) in nearly a century.

Oh they do.... In Gran Canaria they sell them as souvernirs. And they are big. From real life size to massive wrist thick 13+ inches LOL. Sold in regular souvenir shops and they hang between other stuff like keychains, lighters, postcards etc. It's fun to watch tourists, gay and straight alike, fondle them, blushing and move away quickly looking around if anyone saw them touching it 😉 No idea why they sell them but they must be a hit as I have seen them for years.

Edited by NLbear
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

When I got clean from doing crystal, I had some.....ambitious dildos. Very ambitious. OK, when I was high my cunt was a gaping tunnel.

ANYWAY....when I got clean I realized that these were no longer viable and could only be used when I was high. I was then living in a old 6th floor apartment building that had a garbage chute. So I threw them down the chute. It was absolutely hilarious because each one went BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG as it kept hitting the side of the sheet metal chute. I did each one individually just to prolong my amusement. 

Another time in San Francisco, hubs and I were out walking the dog and someone had very carefully left several dildos on top of a garbage can. Whereupon he said "I think that's taking SF recycling just a BIT too far." And....scene.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like the door stop. And the garden idea is great. I can imagine the conversation ... "At first I thought they were mushrooms but the head on that one looks more like a toad stool ..."

As for dildos on display, I have a figurine of a faerie that is supposed to be gazing at a crystal ball, however I've replaced the ball with a glass butt plug.

• Upvote 1