Have You Been Raped as a Child and Became Attracted to Men like your Rapist?

blktone67

Were you raped as a kid?  

902 members have voted

1. 1. Were you raped as a kid?

• No
    • Yes, but it was only technically rape - I consented and/or instigated it
    • Yes, but later I got turned on by what happened
    • Yes, and it continues to be a bad memory

This month is the 4th anniversary of the rescued boy (Shawn Hornbeck) who was abducted by Micheal Devlin in Missouri and forced him to live with him for four years, until he was rescued by the police after Devlin kidnapped another younger boy and took him to his apartment to inflict the same sexual torture on a new boy.

What disturbs me about this case is that Hornbeck was 11 years old (a baby) when Devlin kidnapped him. It has been confessed by Devlin that he sexually tortured and raped this boy during the first 30 days of holding the boy, literally fucking up this boy mentally, and right when Devlin decided to take the boy to some remote location to murder him, the boy's will to survive made Devlin change his mind when the boy said that he would do anything if he would spare his life.

I am sure this young man, who is now 19 years old, is nine times out of ten screwed up and embarrassed now that the world knows that this pervert was raping him repeatedly for 4 years.

Now I know no one can be turned gay if they aren't gay. But I do think that if you are very young, and some pervert has been poking your ass repeatedly against your will, that would definitely affect the person and probably make him develop some attraction to a man if just to continue to be used by a man or being totally submissive to a man.

So my question is for guys who have been raped or molested as a child, have your become sexually attracted to men who look similar to the man who molested or raped you?

• Downvote 1

I did actually. That strikes a weird chord. I'm not too sure about the connection, though I have kind of considered that before. I actually never talk about this in real life. It's kind of strange that as an adult I really quite enjoy it as fantasy (with adults, obviously) etc but I really really don't like to think about back then. I genuinely feel no connection to that time.

Not sure if that's much of an answer though

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think this is a really important topic. Right after I came out a friend got me into group therapy and I was struck that about half the guys in therapy had been raped as kids. It makes me wonder how common rape is for gay guys. But I've also found rape is a complicated subject. sometimes it's just technically rape 'cause the kid is an active willing participant who's just into older guys. And other times the guys get turned on by it after the fact and it shapes who they are sexually and they start seeking out similar situations. And of course then there's the cases which are just clearly rape and horrible memories for the guys who got abused.

I've added a poll to the thread to delve into those issues.

• Like 3

I was raped when I was 13 by a family friend,there was nothing sexy about it was horrible but as I look back at all the boyfriends I have had they all have been really aggressive.I've even had a couple of boyfriends who would hit me,like the current.I'm just wondering am I attached to these guys because of the rape.

I was raped when I was 13 by a family friend,there was nothing sexy about it was horrible but as I look back at all the boyfriends I have had they all have been really aggressive.I've even had a couple of boyfriends who would hit me,like the current.I'm just wondering am I attached to these guys because of the rape.

If that's what you like or what you need, so be it. I would never be with anyone who would hit me. It's better to be alone.

• Like 1

• Administrators
If that's what you like or what you need, so be it. I would never be with anyone who would hit me. It's better to be alone.

It depends on the motivation behind the hitting... If it's just sex play it can be fine. I still remember a bottom proudly showing me his bruises at the end of the IML weekend and wishing they were darker and bigger... He was hit, but not abused.

• Upvote 1

Guest ff-whole

No I was 15 or 16 when I got introduced by a lot older friend to male sex... He was bisexual and was introduced to male sex in the army - he slowly introduced me by wanking in front of me and going to nude beaches and telling me stories. He then started putting things up his arse and telling me of fisting... I was putting things up mine as a young kid already, so I guess I was already conditioned to become a bottom.

I have no bad feelings about it at all. Don't feel misused or mistreated at all.

I think this is a really important topic. Right after I came out a friend got me into group therapy and I was struck that about half the guys in therapy had been raped as kids. It makes me wonder how common rape is for gay guys. But I've also found rape is a complicated subject. sometimes it's just technically rape 'cause the kid is an active willing participant who's just into older guys. And other times the guys get turned on by it after the fact and it shapes who they are sexually and they start seeking out similar situations. And of course then there's the cases which are just clearly rape and horrible memories for the guys who got abused.

I've added a poll to the thread to delve into those issues.

Thanks for adding the poll. I had thought of adding one to this thread too, but didn't know how touchy this topic would be for guys who are truly victims of rape. For me, I would say that I was technically raped when I was very young about 5 years old. I instigated it with my then 15 year old God brother, who took me into his bedroom, laid me down, laid on top of me and started to grind. I still remember his teen musk/body odor to this day. I remember crying cause he felt so heavy on top of me. Thank God he didn't want to penetrate me or forced me to take it. After that incident, I remember his best friend was staring at me, and was making subtle remarks at me. I don't remember what he said, but I know that he wasn't remarking how much of a good boy I was.