Fuck flu real?

My fuck flu came along with my normal case of fall bronchitis. I didn’t think much of it at the time (was chasing but was stealthed), but the “bronchitis” was definitely worse than I expected. I didn’t find out until 7 years later (2015) that I was Poz when I finally went for a test after an extended period of accidental celibacy. In other words, some get it bad, others don’t. Im odd because I’m an Elite Controller. No meds and still undetectable after 13 years. Give blood to doctor and study once a month since 2015. Rapid tests still come back negative every time. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I guess I had acute Hiv because I never got tested. I figured I’d get sick like a friend did who had Aids pretty quickly it seemed. Doctors said I had likely been infected with hiv for 6 months before the acute illness that got me hospitalized and technically an AIDS diagnosis due to the cd4s bein less than 14percent.  I wasn’t surprised to be hiv positive. It was always inevitable for someone like me. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I got the fuck flu eleven days after exposure. I woke up with nightsweats and had those for the next 5 or 6 nights. In addition I had swollen lymph nodes, fever (spiking to 104 at times), a skin rash for about a day, and just generally feeling tired and run down for about 3 weeks, but it wasn't overwhelming. One of my biggest fears was getting hit so hard that I would need to seek medical care and have my Poz status disclosed sooner than I was prepared to disclose. Thankfully, that didn't happen.

In general, it was a manageable experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some guys do get poz and experience no symptoms but in my case I had the fuck flu. It really is just like a flu. In my case I was sick for a week with pounding headache and cold like symptoms and night sweat. At first I thought it was a bad cold and I went and got tested two weeks later to be sure nothing serious and that’s when I discovered I was poz