Adam4Adam.com

BestCatcher

While it used to be a good hook-up site both locally and when I travel, Adam4Adam has devolved into a site where trolls from Russian bots  or fucksters is now very prevalent. To the point where every single time I log on I get smiles and messages from fake profiles that are almost always showing 7800 +/- miles away. Is anybody else experiencing this?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yes, and in addition to that, they appear to be cracking down heavily on what can be posted in a user profile. If I try to post anything in my profile that even hints that I’m looking to host, I’m slapped with a warning that any such content is confined to their “Parties” feature, but God help you if you try to use that (assuming you can even find it). My experience so far is that it’s more limiting than Doublelist.

Anymore, I don’t even bother posting an ad on A4A - I just leave it open, and if someone happens to message my profile I’ll see what happens. But where it used to be a reliable source of hookups, it’s now useless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Porthos

Although it does have its downsides I find A4A is the best website to hookup...Easy to navigate and the basic, no extra cost membership has a lot of functionality, full size pics, no limits on messages. I have no luck on bbrt plus you really need a subscription to see anything...Squirt is also useless ...never any luck. As for apps, i prefer grindr to scruff

I've had the same experiences.  I think every Russian guy is looking for an older guy to spend his life with--lol.  But then again, this summer I met 2 guys when I visited DC who were exactly what they said--total tops just looking for fuck.  And recently met a local married guy who needs a bottom when his wife isn't interested--which is only a couple times a month she wants her husband!  So, with all its faults, A4A has come thru recently

• Upvote 1

yep, i too experience bots every time i go on A4A. i've never encountered a bot on squirt. grindr is a joke. i have never been remotely tempted to pay for grindr because their free ap is so dismal and restrictive, and has as many bots as A4A.  i miss CL though it had more flakes than a snowstorm.  i don't think i've ever experienced a bot on bbrt?  i encountered the most sophisticated scammer on Recon. He was extremely patient and somewhat engaged and played me for about a month before trying to scam me, but eventually all the usual red flags were there.

Oh, Okcupid has been over run by bots too. i even got my account hacked and taken over there, which i think is very weird.  A straight guy from Europe?  OKC contacted me to let me know and told me they had restored part of my profile. i got messages from women who had apparently been in contact with this guy after it was changed back.  my OKCupid profile was very long and extensive because i considered it the only real dating ap i was on (vs hook up). i'm still not convinced i was actually 'hacked' and suspect that someone crossed some wires at OKC, but who knows?  After my profile was ruined, i didn't have the heart or confidence to go back on that site and start over, but it had more bots than any i have been on. The site used to be pretty cool, but was messed up when Match bought them out.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:55 AM, ErosWired said:

Yes, and in addition to that, they appear to be cracking down heavily on what can be posted in a user profile. If I try to post anything in my profile that even hints that I’m looking to host, I’m slapped with a warning that any such content is confined to their “Parties” feature, but God help you if you try to use that (assuming you can even find it). My experience so far is that it’s more limiting than Doublelist.

Anymore, I don’t even bother posting an ad on A4A - I just leave it open, and if someone happens to message my profile I’ll see what happens. But where it used to be a reliable source of hookups, it’s now useless.

This right here. Guys will message you, you respond back, and then they’ll wait a week before answering. I leave it open and if someone messages me cool. Seems to be the new theme online: guys would rather fall asleep with their dick in hand waiting for their “perfect 10” the actually hook up and see where it goes. I’ve just decided to pay them no mind and wish them the best.

32 minutes ago, BlackDude said:

guys would rather fall asleep with their dick in hand

^! ^! ^!  I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had a promising breeding lined up only to have him message me just as I’ve checked out of the hotel, saying, “Fuck! I fell asleep! Are you still there?”

I mean, come on. Who thinks to himself, I’ve got some guaranteed ass - I can go fuck... nah, I’d rather stay here and fap until I doze off.

Is this what men have come to? Can they even be called men? I ask you...

Yeah, pretty much. I've been on it for years, but seldom get any action. Only three times over the past decade has it really turned out to be worth my time. I once got a sexy daddy with a huge dong who fucked me senseless and gave me gono (so worth it); another time my first boyfriend asked me out on that site; and then my summer romance this past year. As of today, I talk to none of those people. 😞  But it's mostly flakes or guys who are too far away or are lousy in bed.

On A4A in my town, we probably have about 15-20 guys who are active, not flakes, and not looking for a very specific type of guy which eliminates almost everyone.  I've probably hooked up with most of them at least once, and two of them are good friends who I play with on a regular basis.  There are two others who are cum dumps and almost always one of them is online taking loads so I've hit them up many times when I want to fuck and go.

But the majority are either bots, likely scammers, or fakes.  This is why if a profile is blank and/or has no pictures, I just ignore it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, Adam4Adam is now completely useless. It has gotten so bad now that more than a few times a day for probably 6+ months, I get a smile from a profile that often has an unintelligible profile name. Or, if it wasn’t a smile, the message subject is “From Team Adam4Adam” as if it’s from A4A itself. I haven’t opened any of messages but I used to look up the sender’s profile. I would find them always incomplete, showing the user somewhere not near me yet in the US but the distance in miles is dramatically different than if the user was really where they say they are. Often, when I would look up the profile, it had already been deleted. I leave A4A open and, once in a blue moon, somebody genuinely local browses or messages, yet the site is so damaged now very few guys are using it.

I've had only one decent hookup from A4A. For the most part I only get smiles, guys not willing to do raw, or dudes looking for dating which I am not and my profile makes it very, -very- clear I'm wanting raw and anon play. 

I would like some more options for easier raw anon sex, so far have only really used Grindr, which is meh sometimes great sometimes total shit, A4A, which is mediocre, and BBRTS which is great but lacks as big a user base as the others. Have wanted to try squirt but as far as I can tell its pay only and my broke ass is still hesitant. I deeply miss CL postings. CL got me more loads than any other.