Banned Words

Doesn’t it depend on context?  Nobody can object to “black bitches” if you’re selling labrador puppies or “rape” if it’s your crop for next year. 
I don’t think banned words would really work either - “sex with miners” etc etc

I do not believe in banned words either, Pozlover1.

"Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." --- That was the mantra we were taught when I was growing up... Too bad that the snowflake generation can now get triggered by any word, in any situation, because their precious feelings get hurt.  Actually, snowflakes, NOBODY CARES about your *feelings*!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Barebackerscot said:

Is there an actual list of words that are banned from BZ for us to view?

To view? No there isn't. It's more of a filter than a ban. You don't get in trouble for using the banned word. But you will get in trouble if you try to circumvent the filter since it shows intention and disrespect for the rules of our community.

1 hour ago, Pozlover1 said:

I do not believe in banned words. 

The issue is that certain types of discussions are problematic and I simply don't want them on the site. Those discussions use specific words that are rarely ever used in other types of discussions. Filtering those words disrupts the problematic discussions and encourages them to find another web site for their discussions. Often these are illegal or borderline illegal discussions (e.g. drug use, sex with minors, etc.) – For legal reasons I simply can't have those discussions on this site – even if I don't really see a problem with the discussion. For example, I don't personally have a problem with someone having sex with a minor IF the minor initiated the interaction and feels empowered to stop the interaction at any time. But that's a scenario that's almost impossible to legislate, so "sex with minors is illegal". Period.

But there are also discussions that are centered on "fringe communities" that are far outside of the mainstream (to put it politely). I don't necessarily have a problem with those communities, but those communities aren't what this site is about, so I filter the words they use to discourage them from using the site in order to keep this site true to it's original mission – to promote bareback sex and give a place where people can talk freely about their sex lives.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, dirtyarizona said:

I do not believe in banned words either, Pozlover1.

"Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." --- That was the mantra we were taught when I was growing up... Too bad that the snowflake generation can now get triggered by any word, in any situation, because their precious feelings get hurt.  Actually, snowflakes, NOBODY CARES about your *feelings*!!!

I set the rules around here and I am not a snowflake, nor am I even part of the snowflake generation. As I just explained (we were both writing our responses at the same time), the filters exist to discourage illegal discussions and to keep the site true to its original mission. They aren't there because people are "triggered" by things.

There's a lot that's allowed on this site that's not "PC". And yes, some of it triggers some people. I really don't give a shit if you're triggered by something. We get a fair number of reports for things like racial slurs that we do nothing about because the context was consensual race play or fantasy/fiction. However, if someone, in anger, said the same thing to another user, that would be censored, not because of the words, but because of the anger. Being polite to other members is really important. Words, not so much.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, rawTOP said:

I set the rules around here and I am not a snowflake, nor am I even part of the snowflake generation. As I just explained (we were both writing our responses at the same time), the filters exist to discourage illegal discussions and to keep the site true to its original mission. They aren't there because people are "triggered" by things.

There's a lot that's allowed on this site that's not "PC". And yes, some of it triggers some people. I really don't give a shit if you're triggered by something. We get a fair number of reports for things like racial slurs that we do nothing about because the context was consensual race play or fantasy/fiction. However, if someone, in anger, said the same thing to another user, that would be censored, not because of the words, but because of the anger. Being polite to other members is really important. Words, not so much.

I do understand the legal aspect on a site like this. I would like it if you expanded the legality issue to stop promoting the illegal drug use that is decimating the gay community. 

• Downvote 2

Guest takingdeepanal
2 hours ago, Pozlover1 said:

I do understand the legal aspect on a site like this. I would like it if you expanded the legality issue to stop promoting the illegal drug use that is decimating the gay community. 

I thought that it was possession trafficking and supplying that was illegal - not the use aspect ...

2 hours ago, takingdeepanal said:

I thought that it was possession trafficking and supplying that was illegal - not the use aspect ...

After a car crash a driver found with with drugs in their blood can be charged with possession. But yes that protects this site from prosecution. 

Guest takingdeepanal
3 minutes ago, Pozlover1 said:

After a car crash a driver found with with drugs in their blood can be charged with possession. But yes that protects this site from prosecution. 

Similar to if someone else's drugs are found on your property - but they don't admit to it.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Pozlover1 said:

This site does not promote drug use. Period. Read the guidelines in the "sex with enhancements" section. Promotion of drug use is prohibited. If you see it, please report it. What is allowed is for drug users to share experiences. The goal is a more supportive community where drug users don't feel isolated and where they may hear something in someone else's experience that might save their life.

Whether we like it or not, a lot of guys in the bareback community do drugs. Unlike some of the sub-communities that I try to discourage through word filters, they are genuinely part of who we are, so they have a place here. It's a walled-off place, but there's a place. Which reminds me, please report any mention of drug use outside the designated areas.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.