Is it really Raw

Brandon884

So i’m writing this to genuinely ask your guys opinion I know a lot of guys out here the like to fuck without a condom as you should and have fun and a lot of them say that this is Raw sex but in my own personal opinion I think that if someone is on prEp or undetectable they’re not really having Raw sex I think about a Warsau is a way to compare will you 1000% giving themselves to one another if you have to take the medication that’s a form of protection which means you are trying to protect yourself from the person you’re having sex with and that I do not believe is Raw now you guys can let me know if I’m wrong but that’s just how I feel 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Megatron7 said:

So i’m writing this to genuinely ask your guys opinion I know a lot of guys out here the like to fuck without a condom as you should and have fun and a lot of them say that this is Raw sex but in my own personal opinion I think that if someone is on prEp or undetectable they’re not really having Raw sex I think about a Warsau is a way to compare will you 1000% giving themselves to one another if you have to take the medication that’s a form of protection which means you are trying to protect yourself from the person you’re having sex with and that I do not believe is Raw now you guys can let me know if I’m wrong but that’s just how I feel 

There is a certain dishonesty about PrEP, trying to get something for nothing. It can be good temporary protection while shopping for a life partner, but I predict taking it from age 16 to 76 will have unexpected results. Trust the folks who sold tainted blood to Haiti and told you Aspertame stops diabetes? I think not. You know the Coronavirus is patented, right? Ebola too. Look it up. 
Taking the meds for HIV is simply maintenance for your body, the same way you might repair an old car to keep it running. 
What other people are thinking when they are taking an UD load in their ass should be totally unimportant to the person who takes meds to stay alive.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think that the notion that being on PrEP while fucking without a condom is somehow not raw is total bullshit. I will acknowledge that fucking bareback while on PrEP is not effectively bugchasing. If you think that on PrEP is not raw, then what you are saying is raw equals bugchasing. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

PrEP is not a "chemical condom" because it only protects from one thing, spread of HIV. There are still a dozen other sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy. Not to be a dick, but your argument is stupid.

Raw does not equal bugchasing. You cannot shame someone on PrEP by saying they aren't really fucking raw because they aren't bugchasing correctly. Guys on PrEP can be bugchasers. They can still get aroused by poz guys, prefer poz loads, exclusively take HVL poz cock raw. Being on PrEP doesn't make them any less of a bugchaser.

Raw means skin-to-skin fucking, usually for the purpose of cumming inside someone. That is all it means. Don't convolute the term with your judgements of people you believe to be performing the act wrong.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Bugchasers, for me, are guys who are explicitly seeking poz loads, whether or not the individual is on PrEP.  I've met many a "bugchaser" and I'd say half of them are actually on PrEP. Some (like me) are just looking for the right place and time to seek conversion.  Others are content not to cross that line.  I don't know that there is a standard language to describe some of these nuances in the age of PrEP.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 6:53 AM, Megatron7 said:

now you guys can let me know if I’m wrong but that’s just how I feel 

You are wrong.

As several members above have already explained, “Raw” in the generally understood sexual context refers to coitus without a physical barrier - i.e., bare flesh on bare flesh.

Your confusion lies in the attempt to apply a term used for a general sexual practice to your particular fetish, bugchasing. Unfortunately, you don’t get to redefine the common lexicon everyone uses to understand each other simply to accommodate your personal tastes. If you don’t believe “raw” properly describes fucking with sensible safeguards to stop the advance of the Enemy Virus, then you’ll just have to coin a term of your own that means “intentionally unsafe fucking”.

And then preferably tattoo it on your forehead so those of us who care about our health know to avoid having sex with you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/23/2020 at 7:53 AM, Megatron7 said:

"Bare" means sex without a condom. "Raw" means sex that is rough, uninhibited, and/or unconventional. Neither term has anything to do with taking PREP. Taking meds does not, as you say, "protect you from the person"; it protects you from a deadly infection. Keep in mind that it is difficult to have any kind of sex if you are dead. Taking PREP gives you more freedom to have more "bare, raw" sex with more people for a longer time, and protects you from the mental, emotional, physical, and financial stress of a life-altering illness.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...