Help Me Conceptualize A Better Infraction System

rawTOP

Guest bbffassslut

Had a thought, - maybe some sort of actually checking a box or approval by each user that they want access to bareback or chems or pissing etc...  This way each person selects what they want to see.  If they change there minds can add or subtract that subject matter. Maybe part of profile setting with you still able to block them if they want permanent blocking such as what you offer in Chems. This way people are actively involved in saying what material they want to see.   Just a thought. 

Perhaps mark the subjects which are in the backroom in the title of the post.  For instance in this thread note if backroom or not where it says Help Me Conceptualize A Better Infraction System. Sure one can go back and see if the topic is indeed in a backroom area, but thats kind of a pain. As I said before Im SURE I had points assessed and banned for comments on posts that were likely NOT in a backroom area but not yet flagged or removed.

This is also my suggestion, was banned and had points assessed a month or so back and still don't know what it was for, when only replying to an posted subject that had been up for some time before.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, bbffassslut said:

Had a thought, - maybe some sort of actually checking a box or approval by each user that they want access to bareback or chems or pissing etc...  This way each person selects what they want to see.  If they change there minds can add or subtract that subject matter. Maybe part of profile setting with you still able to block them if they want permanent blocking such as what you offer in Chems. This way people are actively involved in saying what material they want to see.   Just a thought. 

When the content is moved to the new platform it will be split among multiple sites…

• Bareback Breeding will be on BBBH.men
  • Oral will be on OralPigs.com
  • Hardcore Fetish (fisting, piss, BDSM) will be on TwistedPigs.com
  • Vanilla, Exhibitionism, etc (including "condom-free" sex that's not focused on breeding) will be on SpunkBuds.com
  • Poz Fetish & HIV related health stuff will be on PozPigs.com
  • Chem Sex will be on PuffPuff.cloud

So when I said you'll need to first pick the main theme of the thread you're starting, that's what I meant – you'll have to pick the site that it will appear on. Actually you'll pick the "canonical" site – meaning the one that we tell Google is the official location of the thread. It's possible it could appear on one of the other sites as well. But based on the site you pick, it will then tell you the rules your post needs to follow.

So basically if you're on BBBH.men you won't (or at least shouldn't) see any poz fetish. If you're on PozPigs you shouldn't see any chem sex. And so on. So no one needs to pick what they're interested in. At least for the categories that you mention – that will be controlled by them being on the site that is of most interest to them.

1 hour ago, tighthole64 said:

Perhaps mark the subjects which are in the backroom in the title of the post.  For instance in this thread note if backroom or not where it says Help Me Conceptualize A Better Infraction System. Sure one can go back and see if the topic is indeed in a backroom area, but thats kind of a pain. As I said before Im SURE I had points assessed and banned for comments on posts that were likely NOT in a backroom area but not yet flagged or removed.

My response above applies to this as well. But again, a brief version of the rules for that site will be near the submit button when you post a comment. Some things I might make only appear based on what you type.

1 hour ago, Homo60 said:

This is also my suggestion, was banned and had points assessed a month or so back and still don't know what it was for, when only replying to an posted subject that had been up for some time before.

Yes, it's not easy enough with the current software to understand what you did wrong if you missed the initial email that explains it to you. That will be improved.

• Administrators

I've hidden a number of posts. This thread is about a future infraction system, not the current one. It's fine to mention the current system if you tie it back to ideas for building a better infraction system in the future. But it's not OK to just gripe about the current system. There are other threads for that.

I do like the idea of a credit/debit and escalator (points reducing over time) system- it strikes me as a way to not be over-strict if a user who has been otherwise well behaved makes a simple error of posting in the wrong area... new user with no credit could be hit harder than a regular who has a better reputation.

The ability to be able to respond to the admin who gave the punishment would be useful.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 1/28/2020 at 11:32 PM, drscorpio said:

I would like to see fewer infractions for posting in the wrong place as well. 

I was sorry when we moved away from the decaying of points. The way it was several years ago, you could make a fairly big mistake, and if you didn't make another one for a few months your points drained away. Moderators could still see if you were a repeat offender because the infraction remained, but the points drained away. The debit-credit system seems like another approach to the same sort of thing. 

So, after talking to DrScorpio I realized that the current infraction system wasn't working the way I thought it was working. Infractions will now always expire – anywhere from 90 days for minor stuff to 2 years for serious stuff (most often 1 year). The number of points and expiration period are now always moderator modifiable (which means be nice to the moderators!) Old infractions that weren't set to expire have had their expiration dates set. (180 days from date of infraction where it was 1 or 2 points, 1 year for 3-5 points, and 2 years if over 5 points). That's still pretty strict, but better than it was…

My apologies for not realizing what was happening.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rawTOP said:

So, after talking to DrScorpio I realized that the current infraction system wasn't working the way I thought it was working. Infractions will now always expire – anywhere from 90 days for minor stuff to 2 years for serious stuff (most often 1 year). The number of points and expiration period are now always moderator modifiable (which means be nice to the moderators!) Old infractions that weren't set to expire have had their expiration dates set. (180 days from date of infraction where it was 1 or 2 points, 1 year for 3-5 points, and 2 years if over 5 points). That's still pretty strict, but better than it was…

My apologies for not realizing what was happening.

Is that done already? Because I still see mine from 2012 and 2013. on my profile....

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, rawTOP said:

My apologies for not realizing what was 

Is there any scale of severity? Is it handled with say a dropdown box or is it at the whim of the admin / mod?

I picked up 7 points, a 3 day ban and a 10 day restriction from posting for posting in the wrong area, which seemed very harsh for a first time offence (at least I dont recall ever picking up points previously).

And while I accept what I did was silly, it was done with no malice or intent and although not a regular poster, I've tried to be a well-behaved one over the years.

By the time I could ask about it privately, I'd served the bans so kind of pointless by then, doing anything other than sucking it up, hence my suggestion why it would be useful to be able to at least PM the admin or mod who issued the ban.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
10 hours ago, NLbear said:

Is that done already? Because I still see mine from 2012 and 2013. on my profile....

It's done. The data wasn't deleted. I've had really bad results from deleting data (I've managed to bring down the entire site). But the expiration date on the infractions was changed. I don't know what happens when something expires. I don't know whether it gets deleted or just doesn't count toward points next time you get an infraction.

2 hours ago, sluttony said:

Is there any scale of severity? Is it handled with say a dropdown box or is it at the whim of the admin / mod?

I picked up 7 points, a 3 day ban and a 10 day restriction from posting for posting in the wrong area, which seemed very harsh for a first time offence (at least I dont recall ever picking up points previously).

What I see when I read that is "I came into your house, made a mess, was asked to leave and not come back for a few days. That's just completely rude of you do to that." Ummm. No. It's rude to make a mess in someone else's house. Be happy they're OK with you coming back (after a cooling off period). Intent is irrelevant. They had to clean up after you.

Please folks, no more discussion about the current infraction system. That's not what this thread is about.

I like the idea of FADING POINTS for members who are active participants and produce a lot of (liked) content. Since being on this site, I have pulled in two warnings with 7 points each maybe a year apart?) and frankly don't even know how... because really in 'the-scheme-of-things' on BZ I see myself as a bantam weight, a puzzled wanna-be and a punk that tries to ride his bicycle without the training wheels with tragic disasters.  To be honest, a lot of stuff on here freaks me out and I can't relate. Lots of cringing! I won't be more specific, but being hush about the many BUZZ-KILLS is my preferred option, as I'm not sure this (part of the forum) is the place to say it.  'Attempting' to understand the self-destructive and sometimes even malicious fetishes is a challenge for me! Trying to join the discussion with awkward words and my amateur perspective might get me in trouble... and maybe while reading other content and innocently commenting, possibly 'straying a bit', not thinking at that moment in what category the discussion was in... the flag-worthy 'boo-boo' may sit there for months (until discovered) and when the account is (temporarily) suspended for weeks, there is NO WAY of even researching of 'what was the issue' (so that it doesn't happen again).

My point is: a busy beaver (producing content for chills and thrills) makes an occasional mess. Terribly sorry, seriously! I don't tolerate bad behavior in my house either. Silent lurkers don't take these chances as anonymous thrill-seekers and often don't even contribute as much as an avatar picture or a lively, entertaining  profile description. But that makes it 'safe' like boring sex. They come in to watch, read and lay low. Fun guests tend to offend now and then but overall know how to 'act right'...

On the other hand, getting INFRACTION POINTS on a bareback site is actually a kind of... careless 'bad boy thing' even if unintended. To not take another chance of not running afoul I have not contributed anything to this site for months now. Some of the real-life drama incurred in the FLESH in the local 'promiscuous bb scene' has added to that buzz-kill. Now these guys need some infraction points with stick!!!! On a happier note: Isee my BZ-picture series were well received though so I might add more some time... and REALLY make an effort to not run into clumsy 'infractions'.

Thanks to the moderators for keeping this raw sex fraternity house in order. (ever notice how the guys on SKETCHYSEX are horrible at keeping their apartments clean?)

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.