Tops, do you lie being on Prep or Meds?

detour

On 2/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, CuriousDallas said:

I’d been on Prep up until November and had to stop it for some complicated reasons. A lot of the guys I play with knew I was on Prep and never ask “so are you still on it?” and so I just keep fucking them bare like always. Most guys I hookup with never ask anyhow. I haven’t bothered to look at my profiles to see if they need to be updated or not but if I haven’t bothered to update them yet I’ll probably forget again. If a guy asks I don’t lie and say I’m on Prep, I’ll say I was neg the last time tested, which is true. That’s enough for most guys if it even ever gets to that point. Most guys are on prep anyhow, or say they are.

That’s stupid for two reasons. One fucking raw when not on PREP and intentionally deceiving your sexual partners.  Well the second one is more evil than stupid

On 2/2/2020 at 8:25 AM, CuriousDallas said:

I’d been on Prep up until November and had to stop it for some complicated reasons. A lot of the guys I play with knew I was on Prep and never ask “so are you still on it?” and so I just keep fucking them bare like always. Most guys I hookup with never ask anyhow. I haven’t bothered to look at my profiles to see if they need to be updated or not but if I haven’t bothered to update them yet I’ll probably forget again. If a guy asks I don’t lie and say I’m on Prep, I’ll say I was neg the last time tested, which is true. That’s enough for most guys if it even ever gets to that point. Most guys are on prep anyhow, or say they are.

Considering how much sex it seems like you have, I’d try very hard to get back on it ASAP. 

I have lied about being on PrEP while not on it, yes.

I've been on the PrEP impact trial here in the UK since January 2019, but there have been times where I've gone a few weeks or even up to a couple months without being on it. All the times I was off it, was when I had ran out of PrEP and hadn't been back to the clinic to get more (i'm supposed to go every three months to get tested for STIs and to get 3 months more supply of PrEP ; but sometimes I leave it longer than the 3 months until I go back).

Even when I have run out of PrEP and not been back to the clinic to get more supply of it, I still hooked-up with guys for BB fun and told them that I was "on PrEP" even though I wasn't at the time due to having used up all my supply. Very few asked me if I was on it, though.

I've noticed though that in the UK, the majority of guys who I hook-up with from Grindr or in the sauna or sex club or wherever, don't even bother asking if I'm on PrEP and will just fuck raw regardless. I'd say it's been like this for the past few years now. I find this interesting, because

when I "came of  age" and first started having fun with guys in the early 2000s, condoms and "safe sex" was still very much a thing - and the majority of guys would insist on condoms, in fact, most of the time it just went without saying that if you hooked-up with someone, the top would wear a condom. These days seem like a distant memory now - I don't know if it's just in the UK, but nobody in the gay world here seems to be doing safe sex anymore. A couple of guys I've hooked-up with recently have said they only do "safe", but such guys are so far and few between now. Almost everyone is just doing BB now (and that's great!). I don't know why we seem to be living in this post-condom age, maybe the advancements in HIV meds and the introduction of PrEP is responsible for it? Long may the status-quo continue, anyway. I love hooking-up with guys and knowing that I'm almost guaranteed a raw fuck :D

Edited by concerned1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

No disrespect intended toward those who are undetectable.  I realize, that even if undetectable, daily life can still be a struggle.

I wish undetectable guys wouldn't have "poz" in their names or title of their topics.

From the poin of view of the bottom, undetectable basicly means negative.

So, say you are undetectable first.

But, as has been said above, believe any man who fucks you is poz. If you are okay with that, go for it

• 2 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021

The majority of the men I meet on BBRT are +/ u. and I don't ask where they are with it, that is part of the thrill.

On all my profiles it says neg and on prep and tested , I take no notice of what people say on their profiles (but assume anyone I breed is positive , whether they know it or not)

It's up to me to decide the level of risk I'm happy with.

- These days the issues are with STI's , I've just got Syphilis so will need treating  , hopefully by the time I am clear again it will coincide with lock down lifting and the fuck fest that ensures.