Bareback: the new routine way of having sex?

concerned1

Are we living in a post-condom age now?

I live in the UK and I hook up with guys for fun very often. Almost every single week. At the very, very least I'll have fun with one guy in a week and it's usually more. And 9 out of 10 will do BB, without even having a discussion about it first. In fact I would say it has been 10 out of 10 doing BB until very recently when a guy I hooked up with insisted on me wearing a condom ... and that was the first time I had ever had anyone even mention "safer sex" to me in many months if not a couple of years. I would definitely say most gay/bi guys in the UK now are doing BB as routine sex, very few are using condoms anymore.

If I meet up with a guy from Grindr, in a bar, in a sex club or in a sauna (bathhouse), I know that I am almost guaranteed to be fucking him BB before we actually start fucking. Most times there is not even any discussion about it.... I don't even need to ask, I just turn them around and stick my cock inside their ass BB and this is how it is with me almost EVERY SINGLE TIME.

How is it elsewhere? I know this is an American site and that most members of this website are from the States, so I want to know how is it for you guys over there? Are most gay/bi guys now back to fucking raw as was the case before HIV started making itself known in the early 1980s? Or do lots of guys over there still use condoms?

I had a holiday relatively recently in Berlin, Germany and I went to a sauna and fucked quite a few guys also NONE of whom asked me to wear a condom.

Are gay men the world over in a post-condom age?

Edited by concerned1
  • Like 5

Yeah, it seems that condoms are becoming a rarity when it comes to sex. Heck, it is probably far more common when fucking a woman to avoid pregnancy than among men having sex with other men.

I can't even remember when I had a guy want a condom, with one exception, even when their profile says "safe/condom only".

Living in a college town, there is a never ending supply of raw ass because every college boi goes bare.

• Like 2

Guest Descartes70817

I used to have one regular bottom who had always insisted on me wearing a condom, until one day after I spent a good long time eating his ass I slid the tip of my cock in bareback, and all he said was that since I was married he trusted me and let me slide the rest of my bare cock in and cum inside him for the first time. After that he never asked me to wear a condom again, but I never did tell him I was regularly fucking random anonymous guys bareback at several adult bookstores in the area.

Definitely post-condom world -- I've hooked up in 9 countries over the past few years and no one has ever mentioned using a rubber, regardless of where the hookup originated (online, bar/club, sauna, etc.) -- No status check, just bare fucking and often breeding. 🍀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think I’ve only encountered one top in the last few years who insisted on covering up before fucking me.  I no longer see him. The only other guy who I’ve met was at a sauna. He wrapped up at first but when we hooked up later in the night he just pushed me over a bench, mounted me and unloaded inside me. He said he’d been wanting to breed me for a while but didn’t know how to ask. I assured him I was more than happy to take his load anytime. 
I think prep has led to a culture change but for the most part there’s no discussion, just action. I’m quite happy with that tbh.

• Like 1

Guest CuriousDallas

I do a mix of fucking with some regular fuck buds, online hookups, ABS, cruising, and saunas and pretty much all of it is bareback with very little or no discussion about going raw...we just go raw, so yeah...I’d say bareback is the norm now. If a guy is concerned about the risk he typically asks me to pull out to Cum. I’ll have guys start out bare and say to let me know when I’m close and I guess they’re deciding whether or not to let me cum inside them or not. I’m pretty easily aroused and my first load comes pretty quickly so usually I have an “accident”. Most are cool as I’ll let them cum in me. Some freak and wanna know if I’m clean (whatever that means) and I’ll tell them I am. But most of the guys I get with never ask. I guess they’re on prep or assume I’m on prep...who knows. So many guys are on prep that now it essentially doesn’t matter.