Going off PrEP during lockdown

BB4fking

I've stop march 15...  the last play before was maybe 7 to 8 day's before...?  

I'm confident.  I would like to get tested, but the clinic was not open to the idea...  

Now I just wait with my ass up, drying slowly and get ready for the next party.  

It's time to sleep and get some time for healing... 

I hope you guys understand the PREP protocol. 

Prep should be continued for 28 days after last breeding encounter. 

Also restarting Prep without a negative result will put you in a situation where your body will get resistant to Truvada in case you were to be positive. This will lead to more Truvada resistant strains. 

OMG....I hope you guys are seeking medical advice before stopping Prep otherwise you will ruin it for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

I haven’t taken medical advice but I went off PrEP at least 3 weeks since last breeding and at least 10 days since any sex (it’s been a quiet period for me even without a lockdown). I think staying on PrEP for 28 days after last breeding may be a conservative approach as it doesn’t seem to square with the 2-1-1 model some guys follow (I’m on a daily regimen). 

In my country the government has just restricted prescriptions to a month at a time to stop stockpiling of medications so going off PrEP while I’m without any sex probably going to delay the hassle of getting new prescriptions for a while, hopefully they will have dropped the temporary restriction by then. As it happens the pharmacy gave me a 3 months supply (without me asking) so I’m ok. I get my prescription at my doctor which is just as well as I heard that the sexual health clinic at the local hospital has temporarily closed. 

My plan is not to have any sex before restarting PrEP otherwise a clear negative test before restarting is important.

8 hours ago, Cutedelicategay said:

Also restarting Prep without a negative result will put you in a situation where your body will get resistant to Truvada in case you were to be positive. This will lead to more Truvada resistant strains. 

OMG....I hope you guys are seeking medical advice before stopping Prep otherwise you will ruin it for everyone. 

Thank you so much for the info. My last bb sex was three weeks ago and I stopped taking prep last night as I don’t see the point of continuing to take it. In that case, I’d better continue taking it until I run out of it as I still have one month supply. Besides, you wouldn’t believe that over the past few days, I have had two offers of pnp sex and several more offers of sex, bb or not. Clearly a lot of people are not practising social distancing. I suppose that cooping inside one’s own home makes everyone horny, it was just so tempting to say yes. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Cutedelicategay said:

That was the initial protocol that came out 8 years ago. Since then "PrEP On Demand" was proven effective in numerous studies starting with the IPERGAY study. It shows that 2 pills 2+ hours before sex and then one pill daily until 48 hour after the last sexual encounter is sufficient to stop infection in men who have sex with men who's primary risk is anal sex (I don't believe it's approved for folks with vaginas).

Bottom line, most people on this site don't need to take it for 28 days, 2 days is sufficient.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

On 3/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, rawTOP said:

Would love to breed you when this is all over, before you go back on PrEP 😉

But yeah, there's no need for guys to take PrEP if they're not having sex. And unless they're fucking someone in their household, they shouldn't be having sex right now.

You responded to my brother post and yes my Bf and I are still fucking him as we both are  Poz undetectable. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I was supposed to START PrEP on March 16th, an initial 30 day trial with a blood test at 3 weeks, and an appointment to review my kidney function to make sure there are no issues.

Of course now my doctor is doing only virtual appointment, is urging all patients to avoid the labs for now, and I can only pick up my pills in the hospital’s outpatient pharmacy. And if I don’t pick them up by the 7th of April, I’m bounced out of the PrEP program and have to reapply and go through a fresh set of bloodwork.

I think I’ll risk popping in to pick up my pills, but may hold off starting them until it looks like we’ll get an all clear for the lab again. Hope that doesn’t get me bounced out of the program.

• Upvote 1

I'm doing the same, I might as well save my prescription till when I start becoming sexually active again. Also for somebody reason I'm the very small percentage of people that gets side effects from descovy lol. My first month on it I was having tension headaches, fatigue, and acid reflux.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 9:01 PM, Jessyboy said:

I’ve gone off PrEP also but it’s because I scared of the long term damage it does to your body. I have been on PrEP since I turned 15 I’m 19 now. 

Just switch to descovy - the tenofovir in it is a new formulation that so far has eliminated the kidney issues and bone density loss.

As a side note, I ran out two days ago - my latest 3 month supply of PrEP has been delayed due to the virus. I'm find waiting as it''s of no use to me right now anyway! 

• Like 1

I stopped my PrEP March 25th. I would have stopped before that if I had thought about it. It's just become such a routine, I do it without thinking. I  am not sure when to go back on it since there are conflicting reports of when the stay-at-home orders will be lifted. 

• Moderators

I've been saving mine, as I, too, have been getting no sex. Did play with a u+ buddy and took my 2 pills beforehand like a good little boy, but (a) wound up only topping him and (b) realized I was being a little silly and lacking the courage of my convictions about the science. So I didn't bother to take the additional doses - he's a man I trust to be honest about his status.

I'm getting a pretty cheap rate on the meds, but they're still not free, and this saves a little cash. Also, as I have a good month's supply at the moment, if I get a chance to be crazy piggy when the masks come off, like perhaps having an orgy with my BF and the hot vers BDSM pig who lives up the road with him and whoever else we can drag into it, I'll have enough to give my BF some to cover the on-demand dosing for him (he's not on PrEP right now), and that would be nice.

• Moderators

I did wait 24 days but that was mainly because I didn't think about it before then. Like rawTOP said before, there has been a ton of research since the initial guidelines were laid down that show taking it for a month past the last contact is ridiculously conservative. 

There are strains resistant to both medicines in Truvada and Descovy. These strains tend to die out quickly because they are not robust. That's part of the reason this particular combination of drugs was chosen for PrEP. 

1 minute ago, drscorpio said:

I did wait 24 days but that was mainly because I didn't think about it before then. Like rawTOP said before, there has been a ton of research since the initial guidelines were laid down that show taking it for a month past the last contact is ridiculously conservative. 

There are strains resistant to both medicines in Truvada and Descovy. These strains tend to die out quickly because they are not robust. That's part of the reason this particular combination of drugs was chosen for PrEP. 

What do you mean by die out quickly? 

Also say you were at a gangbang of 20-30 people breeding you and 2 or 3 of those cocks had those strains and planted loads in you. What’s your risk of transmission even if you adhere to prep everyday? What if it was near 10 or 15

if you do get hiv while on prep from a prep resistant strain how easy is it for doctors to still be able to find you an HIV regiment that manages the infection?