Will New HIV Infections Spike?

With so many people temporarily or permanently losing their jobs because of Coronavirus, and with that people losing their insurance, do you think that there could be a spike in new HIV infections because guys can't afford PREP?

Have guys cut back on their PREP to conserve it?

Are guys having more or less bareback sex over the past couple of weeks?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Porthos

I think that HIV infection will drop precipitously for the next month or so as people adhere to social distancing...it could come roaring back once things get back to normal

With the way things being so uncertain out there,  being social, issues about your job, school, weather u will have enuff money to weather the storm which is only going to get worse for a while before getting better.  I think we will see a big spike in HIV cases. People will have been couped up for so long who r not use to it. We r a generation of on the go not made to be stagnant. People will be do happy to socialize they will let there guard down & take the chances they would not normally would have.. 

I pretty much agree with all that's been said so far, i know that once things calm down and businesses like the ABS and baths open back up, They will very likely be overwhelmed for a while.  I know for myself, I'll be camping out at the bath for several days in a row and getting my share!!  lol

So true,  i think that there will be a spike in BB Sex among us. Expeshally among ```The Safe Sex Crowd`` from being couped up from this virus. They will be so happy to see there friends & loved ones they will be over welmed with emotion. They will throw caution to the wind & BareBack where they would have used a condom. My mom was a Health nurse with the Health Dept.  where I grew up. She would bring us home bags of condoms to use. Every time I had sex i would use a condom maybe 1 out of 10 times back then. Now people who r use to sociallizing more than ever can`t will be like that. Where they would have taken the time to put on a condom before sex will let passion rule & do it BareBack. 

IMO.....there may be downward trend in HIV and other STIs. Also in lot of cities STI screening has completely stopped. Of course a lot of breeding has ceased too. But I cant imagine once these lockdown measures are over and spring breeding is on in full swing....at that time we may see a lot more HIV and STIs numbers....a lot more than if there would have been no lockdown.

Edited by Cutedelicategay

On 3/31/2020 at 1:31 AM, timfreo said:

You could have something there. A lot of guys will stop prep while in isolation . Fucking like maniacs when it's over and many won't have gone back on

I have friends who have NOT stopped Prep. They are still taking them as they would want to be protected when this is all over and breeding season starts from day 1.

Edited by Cutedelicategay