Don't Be A Gay COVIDiot!

rawTOP

• Administrators

I thought about holding off on this story to see how it ends, but I think it's more important that it be told now…

This is something I saw on Twitter yesterday. I'm dumbfounded…

March 27th…

2020-03-27.jpg

So the guy is under "lockdown" (a stay-at-home order), and he's still hooking up – and proud enough of it to post it on Twitter.

March 31st…

4 days after the first hookup, he posts a video of another hookup.…

2020-03-31.jpg

April 3rd…

3 days after the 2nd hookup he posts pics and videos from yet another hookup…

2020-04-03.jpg

April 7th…

And then surprise, surprise…

2020-04-07.jpg

That's right… 3 hookups later he's in the hospital with COVID-19. He's stupid enough to think he's in the ICU when he's not – he's probably just in a ward with all COVID patients. If he were in ICU he'd have breathing support (either be intubated or be attached to a BiPAP machine).

Oh, and the kicker is he's calling the nurse a bitch and mocking the fact that she says she's tired!

I just want to strangle the guy.

If he reads this… "You're a fucking asshole. If karma doesn't catch up to you this time around, it will at some point. And guess what, I won't give a shit when it does."

People, seriously, be responsible! Hospitals are over capacity. People are dying. There's no cure. There isn't even a decent treatment. Even in the middle of the AIDS crisis hospitals could manage their core caseloads. This is a whole other order of magnitude above that pandemic.

It's gonna be a long time (probably years) before we're back to where we were before with big sex parties and crowded bathhouses. Even when the stay-at-home orders are lifted people will still need to be vigilant to avoid another peak of the pandemic. You'll need to focus on risk reduction – fewer partners, 1-on-1s, maybe sex in parks, maybe gloryholes. But being legs up in a bathhouse taking all loads isn't going to happen again until there's at least a decent treatment. If for no other reason, that sensible gay guys are gonna stay away. Here's a poll I did on Twitter a few days ago… Only a bit over 1/3rd of guys will risk a crowd when the stay-at-home orders are lifted (and that's now when they're horny and jacking off to Twitter, before the pandemic hits their city/town)…

We can hope the clinical trials they're doing now turn up something, but who knows. 

Don't be like that guy above. Don't be a COVIDiot!

• Like 30
  • Upvote 21
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Stupid is as stupid does.  I made it through the whole AIDs crisis.  Not necessarily by "safe sex" but by thought out sex with the least risks, and it worked.  This is different since the virus is spread just by being near each other before any physical contact is made.   So my big 'ol ass will be cherry again when this is over and will be available for an Alpha Top to pop!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

This is discusting.

This guy is 'that' gay idiot who snob me at bars, tubs and village...  (we all know a guy)

To the many who don't apply the quarantine, there comes a time were this attitude is no longer acceptable for our sociaty. 

STAY HOME!  NO MEETING! 

For the rest of us who work hard to protect us all :  stay put. Love you all and I hope for a special holyday to celebrate after all this. 

Men I miss  cumunion!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Oof. I haven't had any sex in like 2 months now. Even I don't want to risk it, but I also feel more susceptible to contracting COVID-19 when I have to go to the grocery store, and im surrounded by people in there. I went to 7/11 last week for a gallon of milk and some idiot was in there coughing all over the place, and as I was cashing out he coughed right in my direction. Looked at him and cussed him out, told the filthy pig to learn some god damn hygiene. Wanted to backhand him across the face like in one of those old Westerns. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 7

• Moderators

Thank you for this, RawTOP!  I had someone approach me for a hookup a couple of weekends ago and replied that I was staying home that weekend ("stay the fuck at home" was what I said), and got a rude reply basically accusing me of being a snowflake (which I wasn't - I'm not concerned much about my personal safety, I just know how to do math and why distancing is necessary). I bitch slapped him into next week, and had been feeling a shadow of guilt about it. Guilt dispersed!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, TwinkFoot said:

Oof. I haven't had any sex in like 2 months now. Even I don't want to risk it, but I also feel more susceptible to contracting COVID-19 when I have to go to the grocery store, and im surrounded by people in there. I went to 7/11 last week for a gallon of milk and some idiot was in there coughing all over the place, and as I was cashing out he coughed right in my direction. Looked at him and cussed him out, told the filthy pig to learn some god damn hygiene. Wanted to backhand him across the face like in one of those old Westerns. 

I think that's the most important aspect when it comes to such incidents: Idiot-shaming might be warranted but we shouldn't start slut-shaming. 

It's not the sex that was the problem, it's not limiting contacts. They could have been playing monopoly and it would have been just as bad. Church choir practice is probably more risky than quickly bending over and taking a load. 

You shouldn't have sex not because sex is bad, but because minimizing contacts is good. You also shouldn't visit your sister for dinner. 

Over the last weeks I have seen proud barebackers turn into the morality police when it comes to CoVid-19, getting preachy and insulting others. I just don't believe that this will achieve anything. Men are idiots, twice so when it comes to sex. 

IMHO the best way is to compassionately explain, that this is not like AIDS during the 90s, in that A.) you can also pass it on to your Grandmother, B.) your friend's cancer might go from operable to inoperable because of limited hospital capacity, and most importantly C.) this will all be over much quicker, if everyone is doing his part in social distancing. 

Edited by GermanFucker
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rawTOP said:

I thought about holding off on this story to see how it ends, but I think it's more important that it be told now…

This is something I saw on Twitter yesterday. I'm dumbfounded…

March 27th…

2020-03-27.jpg

So the guy is under "lockdown" (a stay-at-home order), and he's still hooking up – and proud enough of it to post it on Twitter.

March 31st…

4 days after the first hookup, he posts a video of another hookup.…

2020-03-31.jpg

April 3rd…

3 days after the 2nd hookup he posts pics and videos from yet another hookup…

2020-04-03.jpg

April 7th…

And then surprise, surprise…

2020-04-07.jpg

That's right… 3 hookups later he's in the hospital with COVID-19. He's stupid enough to think he's in the ICU when he's not – he's probably just in a ward with all COVID patients. If he were in ICU he'd have breathing support (either be intubated or be attached to a BiPAP machine).

Oh, and the kicker is he's calling the nurse a bitch and mocking the fact that she says she's tired!

I just want to strangle the guy.

If he reads this… "You're a fucking asshole. If karma doesn't catch up to you this time around, it will at some point. And guess what, I won't give a shit when it does."

People, seriously, be responsible! Hospitals are over capacity. People are dying. There's no cure. There isn't even a decent treatment. Even in the middle of the AIDS crisis hospitals could manage their core caseloads. This is a whole other order of magnitude above that pandemic.

It's gonna be a long time (probably years) before we're back to where we were before with big sex parties and crowded bathhouses. Even when the stay-at-home orders are lifted people will still need to be vigilant to avoid another peak of the pandemic. You'll need to focus on risk reduction – fewer partners, 1-on-1s, maybe sex in parks, maybe gloryholes. But being legs up in a bathhouse taking all loads isn't going to happen again until there's at least a decent treatment. If for no other reason, that sensible gay guys are gonna stay away. Here's a poll I did on Twitter a few days ago… Only a bit over 1/3rd of guys will risk a crowd when the stay-at-home orders are lifted (and that's now when they're horny and jacking off to Twitter, before the pandemic hits their city/town)…

We can hope the clinical trials they're doing now turn up something, but who knows. 

Don't be like that guy above. Don't be a COVIDiot!

This guy ->  another person validating Darwin's Law of Natural Selection 😔😔😔

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest cumdumpotter2

I deactivated my slutty twitter after seeing this. thanks RT for taking this seriously, despite other subject matter

This is horrifying.

I have a certain amount of concern for myself from COVID-19. I do not care to die.

I have much more concern for other people, especially people who fall into different risk groups.

Many of my regular partners are undetectable guys, people whose medical status leaves them relatively vulnerable. (Many of these are also relatively older, too; some have had other medical conditions, too.)

The idea of doing something that might not only hurt me, but might do much worse to people I care particularly about, horrifies me. I have no desire to have high-risk encounters that could hurt other people, never mind kill them.

It probably need not be stated, of course, that it would not only be people you would fuck with that would be at risk.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GermanFucker said:

I think that's the most important aspect when it comes to such incidents: Idiot-shaming might be warranted but we shouldn't start slut-shaming. 

It's not the sex that was the problem, it's not limiting contacts. They could have been playing monopoly and it would have been just as bad. Church choir practice is probably more risky than quickly bending over and taking a load. 

You shouldn't have sex not because sex is bad, but because minimizing contacts is good. You also shouldn't visit your sister for dinner. 

Over the last weeks I have seen proud barebackers turn into the morality police when it comes to CoVid-19, getting preachy and insulting others. I just don't believe that this will achieve anything. Men are idiots, twice so when it comes to sex. 

IMHO the best way is to compassionately explain, that this is not like AIDS during the 90s, in that A.) you can also pass it on to your Grandmother, B.) your friend's cancer might go from operable to inoperable because of limited hospital capacity, and most importantly C.) this will all be over much quicker, if everyone is doing his part in social distancing.

Totally agree. It was when I saw him use the word "bitch" to describe the nurse that I knew he was the example of a true COVIDiot and needed to be called out. Every step in what he did just showed a complete lack of concern for other people. I don't really give a shit that it was hooking up. I'm equally upset with the fundamentalists who are still going to church. They're also stupid, possibly even bigger COVIDiots.

And to be clear your mention of "contact" is spot on. I do a fair amount of cycling and I see people online attacking people who are still cycling. Yes, for something like cycling you need to reduce the chance of  crash as much as possible. But done right, cycling can be a very low risk activity. To me it's about risk reduction, and that's the way it's similar to the AIDS pandemic.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

The bf and I fortunately saw this coming a few weeks before it did and stopped any outside activities, even with regulars.  Not that we exactly got around (I prefer our fucking to anything with another guy...  it’s hard to find guys that hardcore), but after the last week of February, we started limiting contact, etc.... Call it overkill ( yeah, we are the guys who bleach the groceries...) but I would rather not deal with this.  If that means no outside dick, then I can deal with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1